Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

Post by DonieZ » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm

It's great to be back! I havent been a member for too long, but this week off was really painful haha. The site looks really nice, and I've actually now first taken a look at the site whilst the forums were down; I'm loving all the info and stuff so far! :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:21 pm

DonieZ wrote:The site looks really nice, and I've actually now first taken a look at the site whilst the forums were down; I'm loving all the info and stuff so far! :D
Thanks so much! To be honest, I personally didn't mind the forum not being ready to go with the exact launch of the new site in hopes of that very thing -- I know some people consider us to be "just a forum", but there's such an insane wealth of information (especially now that we've combined the sites), that I'm really hoping that folks discover just how deep the rabbit hole goes!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DonieZ wrote:The site looks really nice, and I've actually now first taken a look at the site whilst the forums were down; I'm loving all the info and stuff so far! :D
Thanks so much! To be honest, I personally didn't mind the forum not being ready to go with the exact launch of the new site in hopes of that very thing -- I know some people consider us to be "just a forum", but there's such an insane wealth of information (especially now that we've combined the sites), that I'm really hoping that folks discover just how deep the rabbit hole goes!
Daizenshuu oops I mean Kanzenshuu is much more than just a ''Forum'' it's a legacy :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Also Heath, while the pop-up windows look neat (like the contact and about pages, and the individual lyrics pages), I really appreciate that those links can be opened separately. But, if I were to link to those sections separately there's no Kanzenhuu branding or links back to the main page; is this something you could look in to?
Definitely. I've added back links to the lyric pages, so see what you think of those. The others I'll leave as-is for now, but I can do the same to them at some point.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 am

So the fusion is complete. Hopefully this fusion won't be retconned. *ba-dum-psh*

Bad joke aside, I like the new site. Although I thought the name was silly at first, it's slowly grown on me. This was definitely the best thing for both sites. Things can only get better from here.

Just out of curiosity, what is that object next to the Dragon Ball in the icon next to the URL? (The one in the image Pokewhiz7 posted.)

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:21 am

I'm back after months upon months of being inactive to say that you guys are truly amazing. I can't even begin to imagine what a massive undertaking this project must have been (particularly Mike's fixing of 10 years worth of news) and the finished product looks incredible. Here's to Kanzenshuu!

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 am

Shiyonasan wrote:Just out of curiosity, what is that object next to the Dragon Ball in the icon next to the URL? (The one in the image Pokewhiz7 posted.)
The one on the main website is a small "K" for Kanzenshuu, and the one on the forum is a small text bubble.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 am

Hujio wrote:Definitely. I've added back links to the lyric pages, so see what you think of those. The others I'll leave as-is for now, but I can do the same to them at some point.
Fantastic! Subtle but clearly visible, and not redundant or distracting in a popout on the main window; that was my biggest concern. I was thinking of a big bar along the top with a bread crumb trail or something, and a check to only include it if the page wasn't loaded in the popout (header check maybe?). This is great. Thanks!
Hujio wrote:The one on the main website is a small "K" for Kanzenshuu, and the one on the forum is a small text bubble.
These also look great!

I don't think I've said so before, but the whole site design is fantastic, Heath. I almost can't believe you did this. You've come a hell of a long way since you asked me about how Wordpress works :P (I thought it was for your personal blog; I had no idea you were doing something this big!)

I just can't say enough good things about this whole event. :o

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Yeah, I was amazed at the sheer amount of information, that I can hardly remember half of it :lol: . I spent my time whilst the forum was down reading up on the 'Intended Endings Guide', learnt a few things and will definitely pass on what I know now; it's funny how easily rumours spread.

And I'll also be sure to regularly check up on the front page news; I don't know how you do it, but you guys really keep us updated :D

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Why does everyone ignore my posts :<
Any plans for a Youtube account and/or Google+? Just curious about that.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Hey Hujio, I just realized something... your title above your avatar still says "Number One Rival" even though both your site and Daizex are now together. Any clue on when your going to change that?
Last edited by Son Geeko on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

DNA wrote:Why does everyone ignore my posts :<
Any plans for a Youtube account and/or Google+? Just curious about that.
We don't intentionally mean to ignore your posts, but I suppose they got caught in the shuffle. Anyway, we haven't really discussed the possibility of having either. Google+ might be something we'd be interested in exploring, but I think we may avoid YouTube for a few reasons. Mainly because we have the capability of hosting and displaying videos on the website, and because YouTube has become very restrictive with the contents and footage of any videos you upload.
Son Geeko wrote:Hey Hujio, I just realized something... your title below your avatar still says "Number One Rival" even though both your site and Daizex are now together. Any clue on when your going to change that?
Eh. Whenever I get around to I guess. It's not something I'm concerned about at the moment, but I'm sure it'll be changed at some point.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah I figured as much, for Youtube I mean. The name on Facebook does annoy me, mostly because I'm a little OCD. Like I said in my other post, couldn't you perhaps contact them in order to ensue the name change? You do have a legit reason for it.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 pm

One thing I'm wary about is the members of the various other Dragonball wikis. When our wiki is launched, who's to say they won't launch a massive DDOS attack, or try to take the site down if they start losing traffic?
We know what these people are like and what they think about our site. I honestly wouldn't put it past them....
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Just because they're completely and stubbornly wrong on the facts of Dragon Ball, does NOT mean they're automatically going to resort to childish behavior when they get a more comprehensive, complete, and correct competitor.

I think it’s jumping the gun a bit to just assume they’ll react to us with DDoS attacks, and if I were them I’d be a bit insulted by the assumption that they would. We don’t have to like them, or what they do on their various inaccurate wikis, but that doesn’t mean we have to be disrespectful to them.
-Laserkid

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:40 pm

No disrespect intended.

But seeing people go apeshit over the smallest things on the internet has made me cynical I guess... :?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm not scared. Even if they do attack us or constantly try to change pages I'm sure we'll survive and will be vigilant and undo all the damage in no time.

In the mean time I am preparing some pages already and salvaging what I had left of the fansite I never put online for articles.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 pm

DNA wrote:I'm not scared. Even if they do attack us or constantly try to change pages I'm sure we'll survive and will be vigilant and undo all the damage in no time.
I wouldn't get too cocky, if anything happens the responsibility of making it right will fall to our dear Heath, and already we know he's overworked as it is. :lol:

Poor, poor Heath. He's getting another full time job, but with none of the cushy benefits.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Well, I don't believe a full scale attack would happen, maybe some vandalized pages or simply putting the wrong information, or dub information, which, like I said, it's no big deal and can easily be undone by us common folk.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Isn't the idea that only members of the Kanzenshuu community would be able to edit the wiki? As I understand it, that's the main reason Mike wanted the accounts to all be linked together. It gives us a greater control over what goes into the wiki and should limit abuse.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!