Members: How old are you?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Members: How old are you?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I wonder what age does someone retire from Kanzenshuu? I wonder if anyone has...? I can't imagine someone being like 60 years old and still having the will to discuss "was Gohan OoC in the Cell arc" anymore. :lol:
When it comes to those in it for the long haul, people tend to move on from certain types of conversations to other types of intense areas of research and time-wasting opportunities within the Dragon Ball fandom.

That may seem like a gross generalization, but it's rather true from everything I've observed over the last 20 years.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Duo wrote:You've only got two years on me. Don't get too smug <3
Well, I'll be 33 soon enough (dear Lord...)

Really I think we should congratulate ourselves on our dedication to Dragon Ball after all these years :lol:
VegettoEX wrote:When it comes to those in it for the long haul, people tend to move on from certain types of conversations to other types of intense areas of research and time-wasting opportunities within the Dragon Ball fandom.

That may seem like a gross generalization, but it's rather true from everything I've observed over the last 20 years.
Agreed! It took me until last week to make the mistake of trying to establish power levels for GT (boy, was that a hiding to nothing...)- I'm not even a 'power levels' person, really, so that goes to support your point, EX :lol:

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm

I'll be 30 this April!
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:40 pm

24years old.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 am

28 right now.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Damn, looks like I'm one of the youngest ones here. I'm 16
Get Fucked, C_unt

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Damn, looks like I'm one of the youngest ones here. I'm 16
Yeah, I'm 16 as well. Going to be 17 pretty soon.
I love Gohan a bit too much...

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Son Perfect wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Damn, looks like I'm one of the youngest ones here. I'm 16
Yeah, I'm 16 as well. Going to be 17 pretty soon.
Glad I'm not the only teen here :D
Get Fucked, C_unt

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Glad I'm not the only teen here :D
Hope to see you around, man!
I love Gohan a bit too much...

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Turning 18 today :D

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I wonder what age does someone retire from Kanzenshuu? I wonder if anyone has...? I can't imagine someone being like 60 years old and still having the will to discuss "was Gohan OoC in the Cell arc" anymore. :lol:
I will discuss Gohan's being out of character in Cell arc, him being a SSJ or SSJ2 against Cell and whether or not he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku at the end of the Buu arc until the end of my days :lol:
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Starscreacher

Post by Starscreacher » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 am

20 years old

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I can't imagine someone being like 60 years old and still having the will to discuss "was Gohan OoC in the Cell arc" anymore. :lol:
Me at 17 :
Mah boi Blue Eyes White Vegeta kicked Toppo's ass.

Me at 35 :
I remind you that my favourite character Vegeta defeated Toppo using his Royal Blue transformation and sacrifice technique.

:D

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Tian wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I can't imagine someone being like 60 years old and still having the will to discuss "was Gohan OoC in the Cell arc" anymore. :lol:
Me at 17 :
Mah boi Blue Eyes White Vegeta kicked Toppo's ass.

Me at 35 :
I remind you that my favourite character Vegeta defeated Toppo using his Royal Blue transformation and sacrifice technique.

:D
*Super Saiyan Evolution. Get your facts straight, old man!
Get Fucked, C_unt

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 pm

I will be turning 27 on the first week of May. I first lurk the site when I was 13 and join when I was 18.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 pm

emperior wrote:
I will discuss Gohan's being out of character in Cell arc, him being a SSJ or SSJ2 against Cell and whether or not he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku at the end of the Buu arc until the end of my days :lol:
By the time average joe kanzenshuu user is 60 kanzenshuu will be long gone. Forums have an expiration date after that die bit by bit. Even the 20 year old ones. It not seeing rot by now at this point in time is quite the achievement already anyway.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

Cetra wrote:
emperior wrote:
By the time average joe kanzenshuu user is 60 kanzenshuu will be long gone. Forums have an expiration date after that die bit by bit. Even the 20 year old ones. It not seeing rot by now at this point in time is quite the achievement already anyway.
I don't know. I think Kanzenshuu can last that long.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 am

majinwarman wrote:
Cetra wrote:
emperior wrote: I will discuss Gohan's being out of character in Cell arc, him being a SSJ or SSJ2 against Cell and whether or not he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku at the end of the Buu arc until the end of my days :lol:

Kanzenshuu is 20 years old. The common user here is about 20. The forum will not last for 60 years, so 40 more, no forum does. It is more likely the website itself is still intact. I see it from other websites of stuff that is not les popular than DB, Final Fantasy for example. Eventually the forums die.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Cetra wrote:
emperior wrote: I will discuss Gohan's being out of character in Cell arc, him being a SSJ or SSJ2 against Cell and whether or not he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku at the end of the Buu arc until the end of my days :lol:
I certainly hope it does. I'll still be here as long as it's up. Back in middle school I loved Dragon Ball so much, I always told people I'd still love it when I was 40 (which seemed really old to me at the time). Well, I'm 27 and love it now more than ever. I could see myself going way past 40, haha, no end in sight. And this is the perfect place for me to be.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Forte224 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I certainly hope it does. I'll still be here as long as it's up. Back in middle school I loved Dragon Ball so much, I always told people I'd still love it when I was 40 (which seemed really old to me at the time). Well, I'm 27 and love it now more than ever. I could see myself going way past 40, haha, no end in sight. And this is the perfect place for me to be.
I'm happy being here for the long haul!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.