Members: How old are you?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Re: Members: How old are you?

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:46 pm

24. Will turn 25 on September 15th.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:54 pm

I'm 26 Years old ! :)

Surprised to see many young members.

I was expecting everyone to be 20 and above.
My English is poor .

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 pm

25 years old.

But still feel like a 16 year old.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:53 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 pm Turning 23 today. :)
Damn. Feels like it was yesterday/in the previous page when I posted this... Oh wait! :P
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 am

I just turned 30 a couple of days ago, and I'm still wrapping my brain around the idea. It's low-key terrifying to realize I'm not in my 20's anymore. :crazy:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:35 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 am I just turned 30 a couple of days ago, and I'm still wrapping my brain around the idea. It's low-key terrifying to realize I'm not in my 20's anymore. :crazy:
Well. Age is simply a number. I'm turning 37. The two things age has done to me is to make me responsable, and parts of my body more easily hurt. Like my knees. Plus I gain weigh more easily.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 pm

sangofe wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:35 am
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 am I just turned 30 a couple of days ago, and I'm still wrapping my brain around the idea. It's low-key terrifying to realize I'm not in my 20's anymore. :crazy:
Well. Age is simply a number. I'm turning 37. The two things age has done to me is to make me responsable, and parts of my body more easily hurt. Like my knees. Plus I gain weigh more easily.
And everything cracks. Like a buddy of mine says "if I wake up and nothing hurts, I start getting suspicious".

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Turned 25 around almost two weeks ago, but i certainly don't feel it.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 pm

DNA wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 pm
And everything cracks. Like a buddy of mine says "if I wake up and nothing hurts, I start getting suspicious".
That's been the main difference I've noticed too. As of a couple of weeks prior to my birthday, I kept noticing that every time I would move now, something would pop. Not a painful or particularly loud pop, just like I'd pick something up, oh, arm popped. I turn to look at something, oh, now the left leg popped. It's more irritating than anything else, at least so far.

The weight thing's the main one I'm worried on, since I'm already pretty overweight as it is. Putting a little more effort into trying to lose some than I ever have before, but only time will tell.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 pm
DNA wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 pm

That's been the main difference I've noticed too. As of a couple of weeks prior to my birthday, I kept noticing that every time I would move now, something would pop. Not a painful or particularly loud pop, just like I'd pick something up, oh, arm popped. I turn to look at something, oh, now the left leg popped. It's more irritating than anything else, at least so far.

The weight thing's the main one I'm worried on, since I'm already pretty overweight as it is. Putting a little more effort into trying to lose some than I ever have before, but only time will tell.
Off topic but... I talking about the 1-2 kilos that make my t-shirt feel tighter. And it's only around the stomach... For me it's worked to cut added white sugar and carbs that give you fast energy. Plus most fat expect from fish. Combined with working out it's not that hard.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:37 pm

I'll be 34 in October. Been a DB fan since I was approximately 11. I used to post on here all the time over ten years ago but eventually kinda moved on.

Not to brag or anything but I've been working out since I was 19 and I'm 5'11 and about 215lbs of muscle.

Long hair in a bun
Big lumberjack beard
Married

All of these things you could learn from looking at me for 2 seconds lol

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Four days ago I turned 24 :).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 am

28 years young since the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11. This year also marks my 20th year as a Dragon Ball fan as I saw it when I lived in Arizona a few months before its UK debut.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Resident lurker reporting for duty! Can't believe it's already been three years since I joined... but I'm 17 now, yikes-
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 pm

I'm 37 yrs old. I remember hitting on Meri from Temple of Trunks on a forum and VegettoEX gave me an indirect snarkly reply. Something like, "Uh, whatever anyway." I was like, "what does this guy got a thing for her or something." I remember Daizenshuu and it was a great place to get info but primary hung out at Planet Namek forums. I also use to talk to this girl who went by "Trunks SSJ GF".

Ah DragonBall doesn't just evoke fond memories of the anime but the fandom as well.

I also could bring up how bad we shat on Funimation, which I do have a bunch of hilarious memories of but those are best left in the past.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:14 am

Brettjr25 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 pm primary hung out at Planet Namek forums.
I was there Lol. Planet Namek was my go to site back in the day.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:46 am

Anime Kitten wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm Resident lurker reporting for duty! Can't believe it's already been three years since I joined... but I'm 17 now, yikes-
Don't feel bad. I was 16 when I first joined Daizenshuu EX forums (as it was called back in the day). I posted some really hilarious and dumb shit back then, and still do that to this day, sometimes. No worries, you will ''mature''. :lol:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:46 amDon't feel bad. I was 16 when I first joined Daizenshuu EX forums (as it was called back in the day). I posted some really hilarious and dumb shit back then, and still do that to this day, sometimes. No worries, you will ''mature''. :lol:
I remember posting nonstop when I joined, I was 14 back then, haha! These days I'm not particularly insightful or analytical or anything like that, so I just read what other people have to say mostly.

Still, it's cool to see others' posting styles and content change over time, makes me feel like I'm not the odd one out :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 pm

i feel you, it's only been 4 years for me but my account got registered on my first day of 9th grade and now i'm a dropout getting close to moving out, it's so crazy looking back, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:17 pm

Guess I should update this: I'm 29 now!