Members: How old are you?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: Members: How old are you?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Gonstead wrote:Currently? I believe I am in the 18th year of living on this planet we call Earth.
Yes, but you lived on Planet Namek for about ten years also.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

I’m 16, 17 this November. Funny how time flies like that; I feel like I’ve been on this forum since, like, forever, and yet, I feel so young compared to many of the others here. I was a late bloomer to the series as well, being introduced to it in something like 2003 or 2004 through UB22 and Final Bout at my friend’s house. Then I bought a DBZ magazine (might’ve been Pojo), bought Budokai 2, and was hooked.

I never even knew the whole story until my sister bought me the first DB manga volume for my birthday, and I barely knew anything about pre-Z DB other than "it’s about Gokuu’s childhood" and a bunch of characters I thought were weird because I’d never seen them before. From then on, I went on to collect all the manga volumes. So thanks, sis.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 am

I'm 22. I was born September 14th 1989. I'd like to know what happened in the world of Dragonball on the 14th of september in 89. :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:27 am

samuraix123 wrote:I'm 22. I was born September 14th 1989. I'd like to know what happened in the world of Dragonball on the 14th of september in 89. :lol:
It doesn't look like anything happened that day, or September 14th in general.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 am

Yup that sounds about like me :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun May 13, 2012 1:30 pm

SSJSteve wrote:17. 18 in August. :)
What he said. :P

... I was eleven when I joined. Jesus. :shock:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 pm

I feel somewhat a shame that I didn't get into Dragon Ball earlier then most people did here. I guess late is better then never.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun May 13, 2012 10:58 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:... I was eleven when I joined.
Really? Goddamn. The things you've seen here. The things I've shown you. :shock:

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun May 13, 2012 11:49 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Really? Goddamn. The things you've seen here. The things I've shown you. :shock:
One of the first things I was linked to when I joined here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMq6e28YI6k
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 am

Drabaz wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:
One of the first things I was linked to when I joined here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMq6e28YI6k
That was hilarious. :lol:
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I feel somewhat a shame that I didn't get into Dragon Ball earlier then most people did here. I guess late is better then never.
Eh. I guess that's just how some things turn out. I never even knew about Dragon Ball until my relatively new friend actually started talking to me about it, since I didn't have any of the channels that aired it.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I’m 16, 17 this November.
So you were 13 when you joined this site? Damn, dude. Young as hell.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon May 14, 2012 3:12 pm

OzzyApu wrote:
Yeah, I know. I can't believe how immature I was back then, and how long it's been. It's funny to look back on some of my earlier posts.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon May 14, 2012 3:44 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
They can never be unseen.

I'm scarred for life. :cry:

EDIT: Holy shit, I had no idea that Drabaz already linked to that upthread. That's hilarious. :lol: Well, if nothing else, there's the proof that it left an indelible, unforgettable impact on the impressionable young newbs of 2006. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon May 14, 2012 11:03 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: They can never be unseen. I'm scarred for life. :cry:
Can you believe that someone married that dancing jerk? After seeing the video?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

It seems like the oldest members are in their early 30's. I wonder if there are any older DB fans since I have been forums with users that are in their late 30's and early 40's?
She/Her

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon May 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
Yeah, I know. I can't believe how immature I was back then, and how long it's been. It's funny to look back on some of my earlier posts.
I know what you mean. Sometimes I get tempted to go back and delete all of the posts I made when I was 13. Makes you realize why some forums have age restrictions.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Makes you realize why some forums have age restrictions.
Yeah, but it's obviously easy for a 13-year-old to just claim that they're 18 or something, so age restrictions do fuck all. It's not as if they can track you down and arrest you for lying about your age on a forum.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah I've seen 10 year olds on (other) forums saying that they are 25 years old before. This site never seems to have an issue with underage members compared to other sites I go on, like Toho Kingdom for example.
She/Her

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm surprised that Piccolo Daimao and Pokewhiz7 are so young. You guys seam so mature. :lol: