SuperGotenks - Banned

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

SuperGotenks - Banned

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:58 pm

The need has arisen to make an example of someone. New user SuperGotenks has consistently made:

(1) Posts with little relevance
(2) Topics solely for the sake of making new topics
(3) Refusals to type properly after being warned by administrators and members

This user has been banned. Let this be a warning to all current members and new members, alike. If you're not going to type properly and act like the courteous guest that you are, we don't want you here. We just don't. You're not welcome.

I think Steve summed it up the best:
Daimao wrote:If your posts mean so little to you that you can't even be bothered to compose them correctly, why should any of us feel inclined to take the time to answer them?
The end.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:13 am

What I want to know, what happened to the good ol' Big Ban Attack?
It's party time, Ginyu style!

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:36 am

you mean this?

I was asked SOME time ago to not use it so much, so I've been trying to keep to that request. It's only here on request.
-Laserkid

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Haha, the ole' Big Ban Attack. Say...where's the Daizenshuu Wall of Bans?
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:32 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:Haha, the ole' Big Ban Attack. Say...where's the Daizenshuu Wall of Bans?
Locked, because it encouraged people to be idiots.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:55 am

I think the internet encourages people to be idiots. At least with the wall o' shame you had something to point people to and go: "Don't be like them and you should be good."
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:25 pm

Xyex wrote:I think the internet encourages people to be idiots. At least with the wall o' shame you had something to point people to and go: "Don't be like them and you should be good."
Not at all. It promoted people to act like they were superior and, worse still, for her noobs to immitate the ones on the wall in order to get attention.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:36 pm

Dayspring wrote:Not at all. It promoted people to act like they were superior and, worse still, for her noobs to immitate the ones on the wall in order to get attention.
Sadly true, I think near the end it was being as much harm as...amusement. Which is really too bad, because it was a lot of fun to work on. I'd imagine it would be pretty huge by now if it haden't been locked, I've lost track on how many people have been banned since then.

Also, wasn't this thread originally locked? <.<

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:26 am

'Kay, and you needed to make a thread restating the rules AGAIN ...because? It makes you feel powerful?

We get it, you like proper grammar. Why do you constantly make a public showing about how you won't tolerate anything less? You could easily PM the user and let them know without shoving it down our goddamn throats time and time again. Silently ban the person and let us move on with our lives.

I dunno, VegettoEX, you strike me as a very odd person. I like the site, and I like how the message board is populated by those with actual intelligence... However, your elitist attitude is just, well... :roll:. Yeah, you're big and bad... on a message board.

"^^;;."
The end.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:17 am

So you actually broke the rules (you necro-posted) to tell him that you know that rules? :roll:
Who said life isn't a game?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:34 am

Smooth Criminal wrote:'Kay, and you needed to make a thread restating the rules AGAIN ...because? It makes you feel powerful?

We get it, you like proper grammar. Why do you constantly make a public showing about how you won't tolerate anything less? You could easily PM the user and let them know without shoving it down our goddamn throats time and time again. Silently ban the person and let us move on with our lives.

I dunno, VegettoEX, you strike me as a very odd person. I like the site, and I like how the message board is populated by those with actual intelligence... However, your elitist attitude is just, well... :roll:. Yeah, you're big and bad... on a message board.

"^^;;."
The end.
I don't see what's so hard about following the rules when I'm on another person's message board, and I don't see what's so hard about someone else doing the same when they're a guest on my own board.

It's a general courtesy thing. If someone's not going to show me the courtesy of reading and understanding the rules (which they've agreed to), why should I show them the same courtesy, in response, by allowing them to continue posting? It's all about "respect," something that's long-forgotten in the world of the internet.

This has nothing to do with being "big and bad" on the web... I'm 23 years old, have a full-time job, blah blah blah. I have absolutely nothing to prove to kids online; that was seven years ago when I started. Now it's just a matter of enjoying the show I love, and interacting with people of the same mind. I have no desire to have people that don't share these feelings and outlooks use the forum that friends of mine pay for and operate; if they want to be morons about their fandom, there are plenty of other locations that can't care any less, and will fully accomodate their asinine behavior. I'm fully aware that I'm but one tiny location on the map for DBZ fandom, and it strikes me as ridiculous that when these kids don't get "accepted" here, they have a problem with it. That, to me, means they understand that what they're doing is inherently somehow "wrong," and should be changed.

The reason there's a thread concerning this is because, well... yes, I can. This is my forum, and I'm able to write whatever I want. Is that a "power trip"? I'm kinda seeing it more as "I'm letting people know what's going on, because I feel that my forum members should know how this place is operated, where they all stand, and what the current news is." Ya' know, *NOT* keeping them in the dark.

I don't think the rules and moderation on this forum should be considered "elitist"... I think it's something that most people just aren't familiar with online, because any attitude is generally just accepted. Well, not here. You don't get a good job by typing like a 2nd-grader, and you don't get an account here by typing like a 2nd-grader.

It really just all boils down to the saying (taken liberally), "If you can't take the heat, get your ass out of the kitchen." If you don't like having this "shoved down your throat," I'd be more than happy to let you know what other forums you can post on. Again, this is but one tiny stop on the map. We're not "special" in that way. You're free to move on and forget about us with no regrets on either side.