Link of Kanzenshuu's piracy / illegal content rules?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Link of Kanzenshuu's piracy / illegal content rules?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Does a link about Kanzenshuu being against piracy / illegal content exist, if it does, where so?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Link of Kanzenshuu's piracy / illegal content rules?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Zestanor wrote:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum-rules/
Try Rule #5.
Thanks. Yet users here talk and share copyrighted material.

How is sharing unreleased (or released, example: scans) content allowed here since it's also copyrighted?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 pm

While I wouldn't presume to speak for the management, I tend to think that-- where things such as images or videos are concerned, at least-- proper and improper is simply a matter of common sense. Sharing a manga page or episode clip that is relevant to the discussion, for the purposes of furthering such a discussion, is a reasonable use of copyrighted material in the context of forum regulations, while providing links to scanslation sites and full episodes is not. I don't see much complication in this area.

As always, however, this and any other interpretations of forum policy are validated at the sole discretion of the administrators and moderators.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Zestanor wrote:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum-rules/
Try Rule #5.
Thanks. Yet users here talk and share copyrighted material.

How is sharing unreleased (or released, example: scans) content allowed here since it's also copyrighted?
What? No one is sharing copyrighted material on this forum.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:What? No one is sharing copyrighted material on this forum.
That's not quite true. We do share/post things that are copyrighted. There are lots of instances of users posting everything from verbatim manga text to scans of whole chapters and even whole books not only without reprimand, but with praise. What is and isn't acceptable is a matter of degree: how rare it is, and how much is being posted.

Rule 5 is a prohibition on bootlegging/sharing relatively available official merchandise. The more readily available the product is (in the North America or Japan) or the more of it you're posting, the more likely Kanzenshuu doesn't want it.

No one's going to bring the hammer down on you for posting a screenshot, or scanning an ad from V Jump; but you probably shouldn't post a youtube link to whole episodes.

The extremes should be obvious, but there line between "yes" and "no" is sometimes hard to find. The best thing to do is simply contact Mike or Heath (or a mod) before posting it.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you for that feedback, desirecampbell.

Kanzenshuu rules are inconsistent, especially Rule #5. People are sharing copyrighted material and asking, yet, it's acceptable.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Your problem is that you didn't like that I deleted your posts referencing the illegal leak of an upcoming video game, and don't understand why I deleted it even though you didn't directly link to the infringing content itself (though your links would then enable the discovery of said content if you kept following them).

We walk a super-fine line here. We're a huge community. All eyes are always on us.

We don't catch everything mentioned. We make judgement calls about certain things that ARE mentioned.

Use your best common sense, and you won't have a problem.

(You were not using your best common sense.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::