Banned Members

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Banned Members

Post by Big Momma » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:16 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:That reminds me, one day we will all be dead and all our posts will still be here. The thought of people reading our posts centuries after we've passed is kind of funny.
I find it funny that I started posting here in my first year at college. I'll be out of there after next year and trucking on to university...that scares me. :thumbdown:
I started posting here my first year of high school, and I'll be graduating college next year...for some reason I'm not sure if it's as funny for me... :P

IIRC, we used to have a specialized "memorial" thread specifically for the banned members. Where the members in question were showcased, and the offenses that got them there were shown. Pretty funny stuff. :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:28 am

I am very curious! A few things that I wonder about is that do those people come back or have they come back many months or even years afterwards? Is it possible?

Also, Some people who were on Daizenshuu back in the days since even when I joined, like the likes of Dayspring and Deus ex Machina, use to be on all the time; however, one day, they just stopped posting. I remember vividly, for some strange reason, that Dayspring was on quite a bit. I think he was part of the Ocean Dub discussion, and then one day, just stopped posting. I was curious that he stopped and noticed he'd been gone for a couple months and never returned since. Why do I care? I have no clue, but just simply been curious.

While banned members are interesting characters, regulars peak my interest a little more.

Also, VegettoEX use to be quite fond of using profanity back in the day. I guess by using swear words a fair bit encouraged trolls more so than without speaking with profanity. :think: Interesting.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:24 am

Well Deus Ex was gone since early 09 and he/she recently posted. So there's always a chance they'll come back.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Attitudefan wrote:I am very curious! A few things that I wonder about is that do those people come back or have they come back many months or even years afterwards? Is it possible?

Also, Some people who were on Daizenshuu back in the days since even when I joined, like the likes of Dayspring and Deus ex Machina, use to be on all the time; however, one day, they just stopped posting. I remember vividly, for some strange reason, that Dayspring was on quite a bit. I think he was part of the Ocean Dub discussion, and then one day, just stopped posting. I was curious that he stopped and noticed he'd been gone for a couple months and never returned since. Why do I care? I have no clue, but just simply been curious.
I've been wondering similar things about people who were on the podcast a while ago like Scott Melzer, Meghan, Napier and Corey- specifically the latter, he had over 3000 posts and was a recurring guest on the podcast but he hasn't posted for over a year. He's still Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family too. :?

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:56 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:I've been wondering similar things about people who were on the podcast a while ago like Scott Melzer, Meghan, Napier and Corey- specifically the latter, he had over 3000 posts and was a recurring guest on the podcast but he hasn't posted for over a year. He's still Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family too. :?
I'm sure they're all alive and well. I can personally vouch for Napier (Remy), at least.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I was suppose to get banned here about 3 years back with my controversial opinions lol,
El Conejo Malo

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Where do I got to read this "Banned Members" list and their outrageous post?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm

The Wall of Bans.

It encouraged people to be idiots, so its purpose became outlived.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:I've been wondering similar things about people who were on the podcast a while ago like Scott Melzer, Meghan, Napier and Corey- specifically the latter, he had over 3000 posts and was a recurring guest on the podcast but he hasn't posted for over a year. He's still Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family too. :?
I'm sure they're all alive and well. I can personally vouch for Napier (Remy), at least.
But what happened to Corey?
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:The Wall of Bans.

It encouraged people to be idiots, so its purpose became outlived.
Hmm interesting.. I read some of it.. Had know idea Sangofe was banned once. Thanks for the link.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Wait, when did Dr. Machismo banned, and why? Did I miss anything?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Wait, when did Dr. Machismo banned, and why? Did I miss anything?

He been banned. Ask Ajay(PM or in here) for the reasons. Or you can ask DBZfan

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:21 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:He been banned. Ask Ajay(PM or in here) for the reasons. Or you can ask DBZfan
So, I guess they had a bloody argument through PMs? OK then.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:22 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Wait, when did Dr. Machismo banned, and why? Did I miss anything?
If you disagreed with him, he'd then attack you in another thread. If you even dared to respond to him, he'd attack you off site by targeting your social media e.g. YouTube.

This happened to not only myself but also to many other people on this site.

He was caught on the IGN forums bragging about how his trolling managed to get a big enough rise out of someone to result in a ban.

He was consistently rude on the fan forums towards other members and created so many asinine topics that were based around nothing but his absurd hypotheticals and god forbid you argue against that.

Following his ban, he messaged me on YouTube telling me 'Mark my words, I'll get unbanned and make your life hell'.

Kid was a fucking moron and I'm glad he's gone.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, I guess they had a bloody argument through PMs? OK then.
Never once PM'd me. It was all public.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Wow! :shock:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Please do not speak poorly of other folks and specifically please do not read into or speculate about reasons for bans.

Instead, focus on making your own great contributions as an absolutely awesome member of the community. Focusing on this stuff isn't going to get you anywhere. It reflects incredibly poorly upon you individually, and in turn, the community as a whole.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Please do not speak poorly of other folks and specifically please do not read into or speculate about reasons for bans.

Instead, focus on making your own great contributions as an absolutely awesome member of the community. Focusing on this stuff isn't going to get you anywhere. It reflects incredibly poorly upon you individually, and in turn, the community as a whole.
Well...I did tell them to do it in PM

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Please do not speak poorly of other folks and specifically please do not read into or speculate about reasons for bans.

Understandable.

I certainly don't focus on it, my primary objective here is to always post something of some worth and hope my discussions actually add something to the community. For 99% of my posts, I think they do.

In this instance, no, it doesn't add anything worthwhile but it does now prevent the slew of PMs I had received regarding it.

Could I have ignored it? Certainly. Would it have stopped the questions? No.

I don't see that as a negative reflection on my character but I understand you're not interested in petty internet drama. Neither am I and hence the goal was to address it and leave it at.

I would hope everyone follows suit.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Hm, that is interesting. I guess it happened in my absence over last month. Too bad, he did have some good posts.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:55 pm

I get a good laugh whenever I see the banned subtitle under the usernames of profiles that pissed me off, a few of them were already mentioned here.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!