Banned Members

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Re: Banned Members

Post by Tyro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:16 pm

I remember next to nothing about this person so you'll have to do your own researching if you want the details on why they were banned (both times), what the first account's username was, or why VegettoEX let them stick around for a couple hundred posts the second time.

Anyway, his/her second username was Toriyama Boss. This person had a previous account that was banned and then made this one to come back. VegettoEX posted an admin-view picture to a thread showing that these accounts shared the same IP address.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 am

Kaboom wrote:
ME. Except for the "went away and came back later with a different account" part. Also the "matured" and "respected" parts.

Anyway, yes, that's happened. Obviously something like creating a new username right away to dodge a ban and keep behaving the exact same way isn't tolerated. But sometimes banned members come back after a few months or so and are quite obviously better for having taken a "break," so to speak, so they're allowed to stay. I can think of at least one member who pulled it off fairly recently.

Haha, I was just referring to myself, but I never knew you were the same way. A friend of mine and myself made accounts back around 04, and while IIRC we were pretty well behaved (albeit annoying/immature) for awhile, a single bad day and a dare caused us to act stupidly and get banned. I felt like an idiot afterwards, and ended up lurking at the local library for a couple years since my home IP was blocked. Once I entered High School, I made this account.

And that is a glimpse into my dark, checkered past. :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:03 am

Big Momma wrote:
Kaboom wrote:ME. Except for the "went away and came back later with a different account" part. Also the "matured" and "respected" parts. Anyway, yes, that's happened. Obviously something like creating a new username right away to dodge a ban and keep behaving the exact same way isn't tolerated. But sometimes banned members come back after a few months or so and are quite obviously better for having taken a "break," so to speak, so they're allowed to stay. I can think of at least one member who pulled it off fairly recently.
Haha, I was just referring to myself, but I never knew you were the same way. A friend of mine and myself made accounts back around 04, and while IIRC we were pretty well behaved (albeit annoying/immature) for awhile, a single bad day and a dare caused us to act stupidly and get banned. I felt like an idiot afterwards, and ended up lurking at the local library for a couple years since my home IP was blocked. Once I entered High School, I made this account. And that is a glimpse into my dark, checkered past. :P

You and Kaboom were not the only one who were kicked out of the forum. I was too. I got banned for being extremely egotistical. I was trying to be like SuperShadow from his infamous Star Wars website who supposedly answered the fans' question "for" George Lucas. So having coming here to make a thread just so everyone could submit a question and I would answer them, VegettoEX immediately locked the thread, and I made another one with the same topic. I got banned pretty quickly. I only had 3 posts. I learned my lesson not to ever do that again and just be awesome poster who wants to be a part of this incredible community. :D
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 am

Big Momma wrote: Haha, I was just referring to myself, but I never knew you were the same way. A friend of mine and myself made accounts back around 04, and while IIRC we were pretty well behaved (albeit annoying/immature) for awhile, a single bad day and a dare caused us to act stupidly and get banned. I felt like an idiot afterwards, and ended up lurking at the local library for a couple years since my home IP was blocked. Once I entered High School, I made this account.
And that is a glimpse into my dark, checkered past. :P
In my dark, checkered past, I went into an outburst in a thread where I insulted moderators and Vegetto EX. I don't remember whether I was banned temporarily or not (since I didn't visit the site for a year or so).
But damn, I was a complete ass by that time.
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: You and Kaboom were not the only one who were kicked out of the forum. I was too. I got banned for being extremely egotistical. I was trying to be like SuperShadow from his infamous Star Wars website who supposedly answered the fans' question "for" George Lucas. So having coming here to make a thread just so everyone could submit a question and I would answer them, VegettoEX immediately locked the thread, and I made another one with the same topic. I got banned pretty quickly. I only had 3 posts. I learned my lesson not to ever do that again and just be awesome poster who wants to be a part of this incredible community. :D
Haha, I remember that! I was thinking: "Who does he think he is?". Good that it worked out in the end. :)

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:28 pm

It's probably bad but sometimes I wish we had some sort of creative troll every now and then, just to spice things up around here XD

Think 'The Mask' but on a forum.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Gonstead wrote:It's probably bad but sometimes I wish we had some sort of creative troll every now and then, just to spice things up around here XD

Nope, we sure do not need that. Sorry.
Whilst I do get what you're saying, I don't feel this forum is a place to be disturbed.

Also, I think I was temporarily banned once, possibly for arguing with Olivier Hague.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 am

DNA wrote:
Gonstead wrote:It's probably bad but sometimes I wish we had some sort of creative troll every now and then, just to spice things up around here XD

Nope, we sure do not need that. Sorry.
Whilst I do get what you're saying, I don't feel this forum is a place to be disturbed.

Also, I think I was temporarily banned once, possibly for arguing with Olivier Hague.
Oh, I know that. No need to apologize.

I only speak purely in terms of a hypothetical situation with regards to something like what I described. I wouldn't WANT there to be trolls on this board but I do entertain the thought on What-If's.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 am

TheGmGoken wrote:]R.I.P. Mighty
Speaking of banned members who have re-registered - this guy's already back on here under a new name. :clap:
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Blade wrote:
Speaking of banned members who have re-registered - this guy's already back on here under a new name. :clap:
Thought I was the only one who noticed lol.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:09 pm

As long as the person doesn't repeat the same mistakes, I don't see why it would matter much.
Assuming that it is the same person (which I suspect as well).

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Is there an appeal system for banned members? Because I don't believe I've heard of anything like that.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:20 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Blade wrote:
:shock: I didn't even noticed that he'd been banned until now.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Saiga wrote:Is there an appeal system for banned members? Because I don't believe I've heard of anything like that.
No, there isn't:
Rule #7: These Are The Rules
While a helpful and friendly reminder to some of our new members about certain posting habits is appreciated and welcomed, please do not enforce the rules on your own. Leave the moderation to the moderators, be respectful of the them and their work — they are here to have fun just as much as you are, and any advice they give you is for the better of everyone’s enjoyment. These rules can be changed, added to, deleted, etc. at any time. The rules are not necessarily to be taken literally each and every step of the way, and are always up to interpretation by the administrators and moderators, only. Decisions by the moderation and administration team, while not taken lightly, are final, and are not open to debate, appeal, or require any further conversation. A ban is server-wide, meaning all access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website is revoked in full.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. I think that maybe an appeal system could help, it might prevent ban evasion to some extent, but I also understand why there wouldn't be one.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Saiga wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. I think that maybe an appeal system could help, it might prevent ban evasion to some extent, but I also understand why there wouldn't be one.
I'm going to sound EXTREMELY Ignorant(I'm sorry) but can someone explain in a nutshell what's an appeal system?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Saiga wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. I think that maybe an appeal system could help, it might prevent ban evasion to some extent, but I also understand why there wouldn't be one.
I'm going to sound EXTREMELY Ignorant(I'm sorry) but can someone explain in a nutshell what's an appeal system?
Don't be, you don't sound ignorant. An appeal system (in the context of a forum, anyway) is a system that banned members of a forum can use to appeal their ban and try to have their posting/viewing privileges granted back to them. They essentially have to show a commitment to avoiding the mistakes that lead to their ban and make an attempt to improve their posting.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:20 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Blade wrote:
He's not exactly being tacit about it, haha - he's more or less resuming where he left off posting in the same In-Universe topics. Anyway, hopefully he's willing to show he's learned his lesson and the Kanzenshuu staff are willing to turn a blind eye.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:03 am

Blade wrote:He's not exactly being tacit about it, haha - he's more or less resuming where he left off posting in the same In-Universe topics. Anyway, hopefully he's willing to show he's learned his lesson and the Kanzenshuu staff are willing to turn a blind eye.
Kinda unrelated, but I vote that we rename the In-Universe section, The Zoo.

Few members come out of there unscathed. I like to think of it as the dark side of Kanzenshuu. :P

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Blade wrote:
Yeah..I'm pretty sure the Zuko account is him...it's the same avatar he once used and he shares the same SSJ God multiplier number.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:42 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Blade wrote:
Yeah..I'm pretty sure the Zuko account is him...it's the same avatar he once used and he shares the same SSJ God multiplier number.
No disrespect. But you're kinda late........

Pretty much everyone knows it's him and so far the mods haven't done anything so maybe they given him a second chance? It's not like he's hiding it