General Website Goofs/Errors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: General Website Goofs/Errors

Post by KBABZ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
KBABZ wrote:Heya, in the latest New (Old) Translation with Momoko Sakura, is the character in the sketch not meant to be Goten? With the long sleeves of the undershirt and all.
As you can see in the dialog, the character Kimio Nagasawa specifically names Goku there. Considering the context of the scene and the dialog, even though I would otherwise agree with you that it looks more like Goten, it's supposed to be Goku.
Huh! Didn't pick up on that, very odd! October 5th puts it at the end of the Buu era too, as even the final Tankobon had come out by that point, so I figured it had to be Goten.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:27 am

Not a big deal whatsoever obviously, extremely minor and I might be wrong, but is the “I’m pretty cozy, here...” forum title grammatically correct? Not sure the comma is needed.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:33 am

I don't really have a particular place to put this, so here are my reactions and corrections to the new Gods & Cosmos Guide sections recently added to the site (so exciting! Super Exciting!). First, grammar check.
  • God Hierarchy, Zen'O: "all other lifeforms are forces to go along with his whims" There should be a d in forced (adjacent keys getcha every time)
  • God Hierarchy, Zen'O: "resulting in the Omni-King joking suggestion that he replace them" I feel it should be "Omni-King's" here.
  • Number of Galaxies, In the Original Series: "Since there is no real plural in Japanese, so “North Galaxy” could also be interpreted as “North Galaxies”." The "so" shouldn't be there.
---

And now, the more opinionated stuff:
  • God Hierarchy, Enma and the Afterlife: Aren't Gozu and Mezu anime-only characters? If that's the case they should be moved to the portion of godly characters unique to the anime, although they are visually related to other manga-originating oni such as the one who chauffeurs Goku to Snake Way.
  • Universe, The Kaiōshin Realm: "It is possible that the Kaiōshin of each universe are responsible for constructing their own residences, or that the residences on the Kaiōshin planet in Universe 7 were destroyed during the initial battle with Boo at the time Dai Kaiōshin was absorbed." Another potential explanation is that the building exists but hasn't been depicted yet, in a retroactive-canon sense.
  • Governing Rules of Death: "Since Freeza’s body in Hell was not in pieces, this implies that his body in Hell is actually some sort of spiritual body, which returns to his sliced-and-diced physical body once he is resurrected." I think it could also be that Freeza's body returning to being sliced up is specific to the process of Shenlong granting the wish to bring him back to life.
  • Number of Galaxies, In The Original Series: This is a small dumb note, but in the FUNimation dub of GT, Kaiō explains that the Ultimate Dragon Balls spread out across the galaxy (ie the Milky Way), rather than the entire universe as in the Japanese. It may have been FUNimation's way of making that quest more plausible, considering only a few decades earlier they weren't able to get to Namek without extra-terrestrial aid. In any case, it vastly changes the scale of the search for the Ultimate Dragon Balls.
  • Number of Galaxies, The Kaiōshin: My interpretation of the Kaiōshin is that they govern over a particular Kaiō of a cardinal direction and make sure they do a good job, rather than a particular region. Which casts the events of the Goku Black arc in an interesting light all things considered.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 am

Adding on to possible "Gods & Cosmos Guide" goofs, here's something from the "Concepts" page that stuck out to me:

"...which places the Great Elder at the top above the seven other elders..."

The Great Elder keeps one Dragon Ball with him, so I would assume there are six more elders guarding the remaining balls, not seven. I don't know whether this is a goof on Daizenshuu 4's part or Kanzenshuu's, or if it even is an error at all (maybe there actually is a seventh Namekian village without a Dragon Ball, for some reason...?).

Fantastic guide overall, though. I do not mean to belittle it or the staff's hard work in any way.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks for the minor typo catches. Correcting as quickly as possible! :) And yes, double-checked against Daizenshuu 4 and that number should be six, so that was our goof.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I noticed a few mistakes in the DBS Music database:
[spoiler]https://prnt.sc/indm5u (Ultimate Battle as "Camouflage Battle") and https://prnt.sc/indlpk (Batoru as Btoru)[/spoiler]
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Few mistakes on the new DBS interview. It was Kale who did the Avengers style slam not Kafla.

Also a random 7 under "The autumn one-hour special (broadcast October 18th, 2017) was surprisingly high-quality."

And lastly there is the word "specia", under "Were Universe 11’s Pride Troopers part of Toriyama-sensei‘s designs?".

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Already fixed them... last-minute edits I'm making :). But thanks!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:49 am

Asura wrote:Not a big deal whatsoever obviously, extremely minor and I might be wrong, but is the “I’m pretty cozy, here...” forum title grammatically correct? Not sure the comma is needed.
Commas are a pretty contentious issue in English. They do double-duty between rhythm and grammar, and authorities are split most of the time on which takes precedence when they’re at odds. General news style (via AP et al.), as well as general British usage, would likely avoid a comma there. There is, however, an argument to be made that “here” represents a separate phrase and should take a comma in careful writing. Basically[,] it comes down to personal style.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Asura wrote:Not a big deal whatsoever obviously, extremely minor and I might be wrong, but is the “I’m pretty cozy, here...” forum title grammatically correct? Not sure the comma is needed.
Commas are a pretty contentious issue in English. They do double-duty between rhythm and grammar, and authorities are split most of the time on which takes precedence when they’re at odds. General news style (via AP et al.), as well as general British usage, would likely avoid a comma there. There is, however, an argument to be made that “here” represents a separate phrase and should take a comma in careful writing. Basically[,] it comes down to personal style.
I tend to use lots of commas, but I also tend to feel kind of pressured to try and curb my usage of them somewhat. That's probably just due to how I was taught in school, though I tend to use more to simulate how I would take a breath between long winded sentences and phrases, but I also try not to do so arbitrarily.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:
I tend to use lots of commas, but I also tend to feel kind of pressured to try and curb my usage of them somewhat. That's probably just due to how I was taught in school, though I tend to use more to simulate how I would take a breath between long winded sentences and phrases, but I also try not to do so arbitrarily.
Yeah I also usually use them as if I was taking a breath between sentences and phrases, which is why I thought "I'm pretty cozy, here" sounded weird, like I read it as having a pause between "cozy" and "here" so it's more like "I'm pretty cozy. Here."
But yeah, commas kind of feel like a "do whatever you want with them" thing in the English language which is why sometimes it doesn't matter if the comma is there or not there.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:46 am

I don't know if it's the right place to speak about that ??? :think:

But I think Dragon Ball GT should have its own forum sub-section there is Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Kai but no Dragon Ball GT sounds odd to me. Hope I don't make a mistake posting that here ??? :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Anybody else getting a malware warning on viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9974&start=1680 ? Someone quoted me there and when I went to check it out my phone wouldn't load the page and instead gave me a malware warning page that I've never seen before.

I'm using Google Chrome if it helps.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:But I think Dragon Ball GT should have its own forum sub-section there is Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Kai but no Dragon Ball GT sounds odd to me. Hope I don't make a mistake posting that here ??? :o
This forum existed long before Dragon Ball Kai and Dragon Ball Super existed, which is why they have their own dedicated sub-forums (which were more intended for episode-specific discussion threads than anything else). This is why there aren't dedicated areas for other stuff, which was all simply just all-Dragon Ball, all the time before then. We have no intention of separating that stuff out now.

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm

The listed air dates for Dragon Ball Super episodes 120 and 121 are incorrect. They are listed as Dec 19 and Dec 26, when they should be the 17th and 24th, respectively.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:But I think Dragon Ball GT should have its own forum sub-section there is Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Kai but no Dragon Ball GT sounds odd to me. Hope I don't make a mistake posting that here ??? :o
This forum existed long before Dragon Ball Kai and Dragon Ball Super existed, which is they they have their own dedicated sub-forums (which were more intended for episode-specific discussion threads than anything else). This is why there aren't dedicated areas for other stuff, which was all simply just all-Dragon Ball, all the time before then. We have no intention of separating that stuff out now.
Oh I see and thanks for reply :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 pm

DBS #011's page, under the eyecatch section:
Part A: Goku / Part A: Goku
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu May 10, 2018 3:22 pm

DBS #027's page, under Digital Coloring:

"Yuka Komijo" is wrongly credited since she (?) is not credited neither in the TV version of the episode nor in the Bluray.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu May 10, 2018 5:07 pm

EmmaWinters wrote:DBS #011's page, under the eyecatch section:
Thanks!
Psykomatik wrote:DBS #027's page, under Digital Coloring:

"Yuka Komijo" is wrongly credited since she (?) is not credited neither in the TV version of the episode nor in the Bluray.
I'll have to double check that when I get home. It's very possible I just screwed up. Also, I've never seen 上 written as "Ko". Do you have a source for that? Everything I can find indicates 上條 is pronounced "Kamijo".
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Hujio wrote:
EmmaWinters wrote:DBS #011's page, under the eyecatch section:
Thanks!
Psykomatik wrote:DBS #027's page, under Digital Coloring:

I'll have to double check that when I get home. It's very possible I just screwed up. Also, I've never seen 上 written as "Ko". Do you have a source for that? Everything I can find indicates 上條 is pronounced "Kamijo".
Yeah I just messed up on that one to be honest lol, "Yuka Kamijo" was wrongly credited, sorry for the confusion!