General Website Goofs/Errors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: General Website Goofs/Errors

Post by KBABZ » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 am

I have the banner issue too.

On a positive note, I saw the icon changes and I really appreciate it! They're much easier to tell apart now, thanks so much!

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:31 pm

I don't have auto-scroll problems anymore!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks again for all the hard work, the new adjustments are so much easier on the eyes. I'm sure there might still be a few kinks to work out, but I'm actually starting to prefer this layout over the old one now.

As for some additional feedback, whenever I use mobile (Android and Chrome specifically) there's some weird uneven spacing between some of the words in my posts, but only on certain lines. It's not a huge deal but I thought it might be worth noting here.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Marlowe89 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pmThanks again for all the hard work, the new adjustments are so much easier on the eyes. I'm sure there might still be a few kinks to work out, but I'm actually starting to prefer this layout over the old one now.
Not a problem, I appreciate it. Although I really should have changed those orange links before I upgraded things, but I forgot about it. You live you learn, I suppose. I'm glad to hear it's growing on you though. From my perspective it's hard sometimes because typically I've been using a new layout for quite a while before it's actually public, so I'm completely used to it and the old layout becomes terrible to me. Overall, I think there's a lot to like about this layout, although there are of course still a few things to work out/change.
Marlowe89 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pmAs for some additional feedback, whenever I use mobile (Android and Chrome specifically) there's some weird uneven spacing between some of the words in my posts, but only on certain lines. It's not a huge deal but I thought it might be worth noting here.
The contents of a post are actually justified instead of being aligned to the left. I was curious if anyone would notice. :P That may change in the future, but I wanted to see how well it worked.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Just noticed that the recent news post on the next SDBH episode refers to the ongoing "Universal Conflict" arc as "Universal Survival":
The official Super Dragon Ball Heroes website has updated with a tentative mid-April 2019 release date for the upcoming tenth episode of the promotional anime series (“Counterattack! Fierce Attack! Goku and Vegeta!”), continuing the brand-new “Universal Survival” arc:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:11 am

Not a goof as such but more a "Hey, once you're done with the wiki...", but the US Home Media releases segment is rather incomplete at the moment, specifically regarding the Blu-Ray Seasons.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:13 am

Yes, people keep telling us that. We're aware!

(Complete listings for FUNimation's Blu-ray sets are literally the lowest priority thing in existence on the website, but we're aware, and sure it'll eventually get done at some point.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Found a typo on Lemo's entry on this page. Freeza is misspelled Freesa.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed May 08, 2019 5:07 pm

In the manga guide, clicking on chapters of Dragon Ball Super doesn't lead to the right pages from volume 6 and onwards (instead, it takes you to various chapters from the Cell arc of the original manga).

Things seem to be fine in volume 5, so I take it that it's fine for all volumes preceeding it too.
The problem seems to be only for volumes 6, 7, 8...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Those pages aren’t live yet so the site tries to direct you to the most logical URL that it might be. We’ve hard coded the links that WILL be live so we don’t forget to go back in and make them.

(Super manga chapter pages are one of my priorities right now.)
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 pm

The section on the site about eyecatches apparently makes an error regarding the B music in the Buu arc. It says the alternate music was used in Episodes 201-202 instead of 200.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

labba94

Post by labba94 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 am

This is not necessarily a mistake, but... it might be? I was browsing the manga guide and reading about some of my favourite chapters, when I saw this (Dragon Ball Chapter 333):
Chapter Notes / Errata wrote:On the first panel of the sixth page, Vegeta refers to Goku by his Earthling name for the first of only two times throughout the entire comic. On this occasion, he uses it as a way of explaining who he means when he says “Kakarrot” (“…known here as ‘Son Goku’…”, with “Son Goku” written in phonetic katakana rather than Chinese characters). The second time, however, there is no apparent in-character reason for him to do so.
Of course, I was already aware of this: I'm Italian, and Vegeta does call him 'Goku' both in ch. 333 and ch. 388 of the official Italian translation. What bothered me though is that these are referred to as the only two times Vegeta said that, while the manga I own has Vegeta call him 'Goku' at least a third time, in ch. 451.

At first I thought it was a mistranslation (even though the Italian version is usually very accurate, so I thought it was pretty odd for them to commit such a silly mistake)... but then I stumbled upon the very same panel on mangadex, and again Goku was being referred to as such by Vegeta.

Image Image

Since two independent sources seem to agree, I think there's a very high chance the original Japanese chapter (which I can't check... but hey, it's not like I could read Japanese anyway) really did say the same thing. So, can anyone confirm if this is really an error or not? If it is, then that bit of the wiki that says this has only happened twice must be changed... and someone should probably add an Errata section to the page about ch. 451 too, since that's probably a mistake on Toriyama's part if these translations are accurate.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Looks like Vegeta doesn't use his name at all.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:47 am

I can't change my avatar. Every time I try to change it to high resolution image, it keeps saying "The value you entered is too high". What does that even mean?!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 pm

I wish I could remove posts that are seen to be in the wrong threads. I did just that today.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:54 am

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 pm I wish I could remove posts that are seen to be in the wrong threads. I did just that today.
Are you asking for moderator rights? Don't be crazy :lol:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:40 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:54 am
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 pm I wish I could remove posts that are seen to be in the wrong threads. I did just that today.
Are you asking for moderator rights? Don't be crazy :lol:
No I'm not asking for them.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:08 pm

The thirteenth translator note in this entry of "Translations" states that Toyotarō's illustration of King Kold the Great was posted on January 1, 2019, when the same website used as a reference says that its publication dates from January 7, 2019.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:34 am

YonedgeHP wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:08 pm The thirteenth translator note in this entry of "Translations" states that Toyotarō's illustration of King Kold the Great was posted on January 1, 2019, when the same website used as a reference says that its publication dates from January 7, 2019.
Correct - thank you! Adjusted as I added in today's new image.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:58 pm

The DBZ Legends soundtrack is listed before the Super Gokuden 2 soundtrack in 1995 instead of after the Hyper Dimension one in the Game Music section.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump