General Website Goofs/Errors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: General Website Goofs/Errors

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:09 am

I've tried refreshing the page a couple of times to make sure it wasn't just a one time issue, but the movies section of the Rumor Guide seems to have a glitch at the bottom of the page. The link and navigation arrows only show up about half way (horizontally).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 am

I just caught a goof. In the arc breakdowns for the Dragon Ball TV series, you list the Uranai Baba arc as starting on 08 July 1986 when you mean 1987.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Not really an error, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it. I just noticed something you could add for the "Influential Non-Story Manga Aspects" Tidbit. In episode 89 of DB, you can briefly see spectators looking over a pamphlet for the next match, and it shows the chibi-fied representations of Jackie Chun and Man Wolf that were used on a few of the title pages starting with chapter 118.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 am

Toriyama’s Contributions to the Anime wrote:Finally, Toriyama made a third GT picture for a calendar included in Weekly Shōnen Jump No. 3/4, 1996. It shows Goku and company beating up a bunch of aliens on a mysterious planet, none of which were used in Dragon Ball GT.
The design for the aliens is actually used in the very last episode of GT. Piccolo subdues one of the aliens in Hell right before Goku shows up.

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:01 pm

I went through Google to get to Kanzenshuu and for some reason I was logged in as another member, has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Known caching error. Disregard it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:08 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Known caching error. Disregard it.
Oh right, thanks.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 am

Just noticed a goof on the third DB animation in the theme guide. For the third animation, the shot of Goku and Yajirobe on a motorcycle replaces the shot of Goku and Blooma on a motorcycle from the previous versions. However, the theme guide shows both images back to back. Perhaps because of this, there are a couple of errors prior to this. The first page of actor credits for both versions 2 and 3 features the image of Goku, Kame'senin, and Kuririn in the airplane, while the second page features Lunch and then Karin, respectively. In the theme guide, the Karin image is used for the first actor page, while it seems the aforementioned Goku and Yajirobe image is used in place of the second actor page.

In other words, what the theme guide shows is this:

Image Image Image Image

While it should show:

Image Image Image Image

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Is it just me, or is the countdown clock for Episode 99 of Z Kai not counting down anymore? I don't see any form of a clock.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:45 pm

The countdown clock was temporarily removed for the time being while we were trying to fix things around here. I'll get to it at some point, but it's not a super priority at the moment.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

GohanwasanSSJ2

Post by GohanwasanSSJ2 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:58 pm

As a newcomer to the forum, I was looking through some of the articles on the main site in the General Info section. The specific category I was reading from
was features, an old leftover from Daizenshuu EX. Anyway, I was reading through this article which had some links to a few youtube videos. All of them seemed
to be working fine, except for one. It was the Funimation's trailer for the first Dragon Box back in 2009. The article mentions how it made fans hesitant by featuring Chris Sabat screaming "It's over 9000!" As it turns out the youtube account that made the video was terminated. Luckily, I found a replacement for it, but I didn't know where else to post my suggestion other than here. I have links to both the article and the replacement I mentioned: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/features/funi ... nificance/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RkoxaKzw4o If someone who could edit it, would, it'll feel good to know I've contributed to the preservation
of this site.
Last edited by GohanwasanSSJ2 on Mon May 05, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What's wrong, leaving so soon...?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Many thanks. I've actually been slowly going through and ripping all of that advertising material on my own for a separate article/feature, and have been meaning to go in and link our own, internally-hosted versions of those clips. Maybe some day soon I will actually do so :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GohanwasanSSJ2

Post by GohanwasanSSJ2 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Many thanks. I've actually been slowly going through and ripping all of that advertising material on my own for a separate article/feature, and have been meaning to go in and link our own, internally-hosted versions of those clips. Maybe some day soon I will actually do so :).
You're welcome. The youtube channel that made the video I linked to seems to have most of the commercials in the article, but not the the english opening to GT video. I hope this little project of yours pans out!
"What's wrong, leaving so soon...?

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue May 06, 2014 5:30 am

Just wondering about this, but ever since the forum advertisements were implemented, I've found that I get logged out fairly regularly despite specifying that my session is retained upon log in.

I don't empty my cache very often, and I've experienced this on a number of different machines - so I'm of the opinion that it's not something on my end. Is this something intentional to boost ad hits, given that only users who aren't logged in are subject to seeing the advertisements? Not that I have any problem with that - but it'd explain things.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Okay, I don't know if this is a goof or not but I'm not receiving email notifications for PMs and I'm not sure how to turn that option on in my User Control Panel.

If this isn't an error and I'm just missing something here, just let me know, please! I feel so dense. :crazy:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:30 pm

I have no idea if this is an error or not, so just questioning if the User Panel is supposed to do this? Because I don't think it used to? lol

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:08 pm

This is more about style than error correcting, but in the new Weekly Shonen Jump Guide the chapters per year are listed as "Chapters: Dragon Ball Chapters xxx-xxx". This seems a tad redundant since the guide doesn't attempt to distinguish between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z chapters, and obviously chapters are chapters. I think a better look would be "Chapters: xxx-xxx".

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:30 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
I have no idea if this is an error or not, so just questioning if the User Panel is supposed to do this? Because I don't think it used to? lol
For now, be happy that there is a User Panel. Heath had to work some dark server-side magic for it to even work.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:47 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
It's just a stylesheet thing. The vertical position of the panel changes relative to the percentage you've scrolled down the page, so that you don't need to scroll to the top every time to see it. In the image you've provided it's just overflowing onto the footer, which is purely aesthetic.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:00 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:For now, be happy that there is a User Panel. Heath had to work some dark server-side magic for it to even work.
I am, and I know he had to go through hell and reinstall the whole thing. Just trying to help point out potential issues for later.