How did you get/decide your name?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

Re: How did you get/decide your name?

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:31 am

First 3 letters of first and last name and year of birth. Nothing fancy. I use this user name on a lot of accounts.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Bullza is my made up name for a hypothetical fusion of the three main villains in DBZ.

Buu
Cell
Frieza

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:04 am

Shortened alias from my long time on the interwebs. Voltaire Lunokhod. Normally just go by Volt but Voltlunok makes a good user name. :thumbup:
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Stupid kid, I thought 'gil' like Final Fantasy currency, and fool's gold, it became Fool's Gil. Been my online moniker for over a decade

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:06 am

It is strong-sounding name, isn't? And... It is the thing I love the most in this life. Those epic animals... 8)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:24 pm

It came to me at random when I became a M.U.G.E.N creator back at '08.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:46 am

I once wanted to make a Youtube called Double Trouble Gamer (Don't ask) and I used Do (Double) To (Trouble) Gam (Gamer) as my alias for many online things. I decided to use that alias here too. (Pronounced Doe Toe Gaam)
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 am

Long time fan of Street Fighter and the fact that Shoryuken means "Rising Dragon Fist".
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:53 pm

Normally I go by "blank" 102 (like my real name, my common name, my last name) particularly Sparking 102 (Sparking coming form Cha-la) but I deicide with soppa saia people because LOL MAYLSIANDUB.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Post by MrWalnut4 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 am

I used to go by MuscledWalnut4 as a result of the random gamertag generator for the xbox 360 back in about 2009. I found it amusing at the time, so I shortened it to MrWalnut4. I've gone by that ever since. Also, my profile pictures have mostly been walnuts photoshoped onto Borat's head as 14 year old me found it hilarious.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:54 pm

It's literally just something random I came up with nearly four years ago. It's actually a little hard to believe it's been that long ago... :crazy:
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 am

It's because of how hype i am when i saw the NEP of episode 6 because i thought Vegeta is finally going SSj3.Now,i regret having this lame and generic username :(

EDIT : My username was changed.
Last edited by Khin on Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MostcallmeRay

Post by MostcallmeRay » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 am

Wanted to stray away from the old username I had, and think of something new to stay, especially when signing up here. Ever since 2013, I noticed how many people, not only on Facebook, but school simply called me Ray to the point that I don't hear "Raymer"(my real name) anymore besides the family. Plus, it was also an inspiration from possibly my favorite YouTuber; SomecallmeJohnny. Unlike him though(where many call him Johnny now), I wanted to make sure mine stays consistent since even new people I met when given the option, rather want to call me Ray as well, so it fits perfect. :lol:
Admittedly not so active around here, but may come around to the forums from time to time.

More often on Twitter or Discord.
Twitter link is in profile.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Mine's an embarrassing leftover from a WAY long-ago past its sell-by date inside joke amongst some very, very, very, VERY old Otaku friends of mine from back in the early 90s. Its sometimes in the IRC chat been confused for me being a genuine Sailor Moon fan, which I'm most definitely not (though I do very much love that one Banpresto made arcade beat em up).

The number of course is just the year I was born.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:14 pm

I had difficulty choosing one.

In the end, I decided to go for an English deviation of the phrase "Esferas del Dragón", which literally translates to "Spheres of the Dragon".
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:14 pm

I fell in love with a certain moody, powerful purple cat in Battle Of Gods. But the dispute over what his English translated name was led to hold off officially joining Kanzenshuu for a while. Once the English dub of Battle Of Gods was released in August of 2014 and he was officially named as Lord Beerus, and my username was born.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm a fan of Kuririn. I chose Kuririn (jpn name) jokingly, i was still a dub fan at the time, but then i became purist for life. I just love underdog characters and fighting the mainstream stuff! Damn, i'm so edgy.
Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 pm

I know I've posted in older threads about this, but I guess I'll repost it here for the modern crowd:

Pun on "Triple H" (pro wrestler) plus "Rachel" (my name).

I came up with it in a wrestling chat room in early 2000. It made plenty of sense there, and at the time I was a big fan of his. I actually haven't liked him since I think 2002, at which point I tried to switch back to my older internet handle (Magikarp46). But by then TripleRach had already become my primary internet handle, so I've mostly stuck with it for the sake of consistency and identity. And Magikarp46 inadvertently ended up being used as a "name" for my website and stuff related to it.
-Rachel

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Onibaku is a delinquent duo from the Shounan Junai Gumi series.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:41 pm

I can never pick a good nickname for myself when I register on forums. For this site I chose the initials to Dragon Ball Super and my area code. Yes, I know, it's very unoriginal and could have been better. However, the thread discussions about the latest episodes for Super are what brought me to this site, so I guess you can say it's a perfect fit for my account.