How did you get/decide your name?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

How did you get/decide your name?

Post by Gogeta 00 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Mine is really simple. I needed a user name, I wanted it to relate to Dragon Ball, I needed one quick, and so I just took the name of a bad ass character and tacked on the signature of the most recent Gundam series at the time.

How about you guys?
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Godo
I Live Here

Re: How did you get/decide your name?

Post by Godo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

There is a similar thread of which you can read some of the members' answers: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... t=Username
Although it is old.

I got mine from the character Godo Shingo from Osamu Tenzuka's Hi no Tori 2772: Ai no Kosumozōn, known in the US as Space Firebird.
Initially my name here was Godho (another version of the name that I found), but people thought my name meant God Ho'...so I changed it.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:39 am

Mine actually is quite the story,...not really. Back in my Byond days me and these two guys named Logan and Ramon used to roleplay a DB fanfic(Which turned into a real fanfic on Youtube and until we stop we roleplayed it like we was THE characters. It was like roleplay to the next level.). Logan's character was Kyram, Ramon's was Monkai, and Pudd's(Myself) character was Goken. Goken came about because I'm a HUGE Goten fan and I always wanted to be his son so I one day as a child(Around 5 - 8 years of age) said Goken. It just stuck with me. I used Goken for lots of my fan-made characters. Sometimes I say Son Goken as well. It's just MY name now(I understand there is many Goken's out there). Like it's something I always wanted to be called if I was an anime character. So yea my name Goken became popular on Byond over the years and if I go by a different name(Decnail, Gito, Gitoku, Gitoken, and even Jr) they will still call me Goken. As I said earlier it's MY name :lol: .

The GM part comes from me earning the rank of Grandmaster on a Byond game. GM = Grandmaster. I also used to do commentary(Channel deleted) called the GrandMaster Goken. So some people said Grandmaster but I shorten it for them and said GM. This leads to people calling GMGoken or just Goken. First time being called just GM was on Kanzenshuu. I never removed my Grandmaster as it was the peak of my life to be honest. My YouTube channel was going great, Tynesha(My girlfriend) and myself was starting to get more closer, My online popularity was increasing, my offline life was going awesome, and I had a great amount of Sweet Potato Pie. So to this day I always use TheGMGoken. Even more so than my Blingman121v3 Youtube name. In fact my PSN Is TheGMGoken(Add me if you want)

~TheGmGoken

I think I found my new signature

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 am

The Ringworm part comes from my brother calling me that when I was a kid so I adopted it as a screen name. The 128 part comes from the cancelled Mario game/GameCube tech demo "Super Mario 128". Though I've since dropped the Ringworm part and now go by "Mantis128".

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:02 am

I had a girlfriend of a few years who used the screen name "TheSlightlyMadHatter" on some internet-related stuff. So, I used the antithesis of that across various boards on the internet with her permission, and I ended up just sticking with it. In exchange of giving her rides to school, among other things, I'm allowed to keep it.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 am

Well, my favorite character is Piccolo, and Goku called him "Kamiccolo" once, and I graduated in 2009. And thus Kamiccolo9 was born.

I go by JechtShotMK9 on everything else though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Here's an altered copy-paste from the last thread.

When MFG changed servers in 2006 I wanted a new username because the one I currently had was terrible, but for the life of me I couldn't think of anything original. I didn't want to follow the generic [favorite character] + [year of birth] formula, so instead I Googled "list of cool words" and came across this page. I skimmed through what seemed like pages of words until I found "tyro." It sounded good, was unique and I've been using it ever since.

Sometime after that I tried joining other websites but Tyro had already been taken. Not wanting to use a bunch of random, but unique, usernames I went back to the same page and looked for a "last name." I decided on Kith. So now I go by TyroKith or some variation if regular ol' Tyro isn't available.
Last edited by Tyro on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I've gone through a handful of different regular usernames, based on favourite characters or my perception of what sounded cool at the time, for forums and ultimately just felt like I grew out of doing so and just wanted something indicative of my actual name. And here I am.

Plus, I think 'Erik B' has a nice rhythmic quality to it. Unfortunately, I discovered recently that there's an Eric B who is a rapper...

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 pm

My initials + my last name.
But wait...

It started out just me needing a username and going with the one my school's network assigned me, way back in eighth grade.
Unfortunately, that was cajones. Which, three years later, I finally Googled.
So I added the e (I had an extra initial that wasn't doing anything, after all).
... Then Bardock the Mexican made a cojones joke anyway, so I started putting in underscores everywhere else I went after here. :P

I've toyed with character-related names before, but it felt kinda weird and I kinda annoyed too many people under those names to think it was a good idea to keep using them. So I've mostly just been going by initials+last name since I got to the internet. Except on Youtube, which Google naturally dislikes. (There was a reason for this though, for realz!)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:03 am

Depends where on the internet I am. But I'll explain the main ones I use. Furanki is simply an overly literal transliteration of my name in Japanese. So, it's just Frankie made to look more like a Japanese name from my early days on the internet where it was kind of in jest since a lot of people use Japanese/anime-ish names in their usernames. Not so much here, but, yeah. It originally was Furanki Pkmn Master on my first accounts on my Pokémon forum treading. It morphed into Cartman (SSJ4 Cartman as well), and eventually SSJ4 Furatman (taking a queue from DBZ and fusing the names and SSJ4 since it's my favorite Super Saiyan Form). I also go by SSJ4 Furanki on Pokémon and Dragon Ball forums (really only Kanzenshuu since most forums about Dragon Ball outside of Kanzenshuu don't tend to be well presented) now. SouthParkFanFuranki also my VAA account name was my first YouTube account's name, I'm on my 6th or so. Got to about 100 videos and 200 subs and my account would be taken down each time. Luckily I've passed that point now, and my account's still up! I made that YouTube account about the time I made an account here. On my current YouTube I go by El Diabeetus (just me making light of the Type 1 Diabetes I've had since I was 6). And that's about all of my username history.

MysticVegeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MysticVegeta » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:25 am

I started on DBZF as "Vegeta_Rules" and I thought I needed a more serious name, so I chose "MysticVegeta" and went with it.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Yes, the same MysticVegeta from DBZF is here on Kanzenshuu!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Named after a Koopaling. Yeah, Super Mario Bros. 3 pretty much kicked ass.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Named after a Koopaling. Yeah, Super Mario Bros. 3 pretty much kicked ass.
~Da Lemmy
Nintendo of America is seriously testing my patience as of late in a variety of ways, not least among them being the wishy-washy and delayed release estimate for this particular game on the 3DS/Wii U Virtual Console.

Anyway, on-topic, the nickname "Kaboom" comes from my high school years, namely chemistry class. We were doing a group lab project one day, and my group members were goofing around and all picking "funny" names to put down for ourselves on our results/work sheet. I went with "Kaboom" (because chemicals = explosions get it LOLOLOLOL), and it stuck, and I started using it for things on the internet.

Back on Daizenshuu EX (which I first joined around that same time, well over half a decade ago now) I was originally "SSj Kaboom," but after a few years I commissioned Mike to perform a Super Saiyan-ectomy on my screen name.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:26 am

Kaboom wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:Named after a Koopaling. Yeah, Super Mario Bros. 3 pretty much kicked ass.
~Da Lemmy
Nintendo of America is seriously testing my patience as of late in a variety of ways, not least among them being the wishy-washy and delayed release estimate for this particular game on the 3DS/Wii U Virtual Console.
I know the feeling. The apps on my 3DS got deleted because of the Nintendo ID thing and I can't just redownload them. Also, my patience on Pokémon Bank is starting to wear down thin.

--------
I thought I recongnized the name Lemmy from somewhere. That would explain it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Huh, I could have sworn I had told this story in the previous thread...but unless I skipped over it in flipping through it, I guess I didn't, huh.

Okay, it's kind of a two-part story that's longer than need be and also probably boring, but here goes. The 'Gyt' part dates back to when I first got on the internet. I don't remember how since I didn't have one of my own yet (must've used my mom's account), but I was on yahoo messenger talking to a fellow DBZ fan who happened to be British. I would've been 12 or 13 or so at this time, and was quite the hyper little kid, leading to him eventually calling me a 'git'. That may have been the first time I had heard that word, and I took to it for some reason, so me being me...I thought it'd be funny to misspell it and make it all the worse. And thus 'Gyt' was born.

The 'Kaliba' part is a little more roundabout. I dunno why, but I had this crazy idea that even my internet name needed a last name, I couldn't just be a first name alone, that would just be weird! ...Yeah, I have no idea why I thought that. At any rate, for some reason I was really into the 'Excalibur' at the time. Not even the whole legend of King Arthur and Merlin and all that, just thought the sword itself or it's name was really cool. So I played with it and came up with 'Exkaliba' but that only lasted until I left this old-forgotten-kid's-email thing called Kiddomail, and got my own Yahoo e-mail account. At that point I decided the 'Ex' was kinda extraneous, so I changed to just 'Kaliba.'

And thus, the legend of 'Gyt Kaliba' began! I still use this name anywhere. Unless there's someone else out there that I'm not aware of yet, any 'Gyt Kaliba' you see online is probably gonna be me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:08 am

Back in 2006-2007, I found this little name generator on Rum and Monkey that "converts" your actual name to Japanese. I typed mine and out popped "Daisetsu." I was still using "supervegeto" and "Speed™" as my usernames on everything, but when I joined the Bumbleking forums (and eventually here), I was tired of using those two so I switched over to what you now see in the corner of this post.

One of these days, I'm going to return to an old moniker of mine, "SuperSidious," which was created out of stupid-fanboy reasons.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:43 am

Kaboom wrote:
~Da Lemmy
I love how it's there in the 3Ds eShop like any other game and just says "Coming Soon" with no TBA release date.

Game was one of the defining moments of my childhood. Come on, Nintendo. Stop fucking with my childhood.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:46 pm

@3:45-6:30 :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHr5_XyaW8

Also the Toriyama oneshot manga character. He even has X's forehead Gem! :lol:
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:03 am

Classic Doctor Who. That is all.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 pm

And my name is actually a diminutive form of OC's name "Tzigané". A long time ago (like 15 years) two of my then friends thought that Tzigané was too long to pronounce so they shortened it to "Tzigi". Back in 2007 when I was signing up for DeviantArt tzigane.deviantart.com was already taken so I went with tzigi.deviantart.com - and it stuck.