How did you get/decide your name?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: How did you get/decide your name?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri May 06, 2016 4:11 pm

El Diabeetus wrote:No longer SSJ4 Furanki, and I'm happy, relic from when I was 14 is gone!

Thank you VegettoEX/Hujio! Was pleasantly surprised to log in and see it changed.

It now matches my YouTube/Twitter, etc. username.
Geez two people in two days ? Is this week open for name changes.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri May 13, 2016 7:00 am

soppa saia people wrote:Geez two people in two days ? Is this week open for name changes.
Zombie also changed his name to ZombieVito, so that's 3 people in 1-2 days.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:20 pm

I... I have no idea where I got Anime Kitten from. Other than cat-girls, I guess?... :crazy:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:13 am

Looking back, I think I've been using this name since 2008 or so. I was inspired by my grandpa's preferred username, which was cyberhomi, with Homi being his last name. Moss is mine, and I had been playing quite a bit of Super Smash Bros Brawl, with Meta Knight being my favorite character (probably because of how brokenly overpowered he was), so I combined the two into MetaMoss. I'm not such a diehard Meta Knight fan anymore, but I do now appreciate the term meta and what it represents, so the name still works for me.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:22 pm

I loved the meaning of the name "Ryou" and "766" is just a pair of random numbers I slapped together. It's my screen name everywhere, including PSN.

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:21 pm

For the first half (Matrix), I had in mind a long time ago on another gaming website to use the word Matrix as a name since it sounds cool.

As for Chap, this'll be a story.

My bro has the game Animal Crossing: New Leaf (sorry if this goes against the rules, but it's kinda necessary here), and in the town is was a deer named Erik.

One day, as I was playing it, he walked up and asked if he could call me "chap" as a nickname, like the British do. So I said yes.

Another day I played The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and began a game with the name Chap.

Since then I have put the two words together as MatrixChap.