Does anyone know what happened to Conan?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Does anyone know what happened to Conan?

Post by GS7X7 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Apologies if I couldn't find anywhere else to put this, but does anyone know what happened to the user known as Conan who used to post here for several years?

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/memberl ... file&u=592

I know a couple of his friends not from this site and we've tried AIM/e-mail, but we haven't heard from him in nearly a year. I'm a little worried about him, I hope he didn't suffer an injury or something worse.

I don't know what happened to him, but I really hope he's okay.
Last edited by GS7X7 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Conan?

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:28 pm

I've been wondering about him too. I was re-reading some older threads and was reminded of him.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:28 am

Some members have taken long term breaks. Deus Ex Machina was away for a few years and came back for a bit.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm

I just hope he was okay, he was a really cool guy.

He did some work for Dbzoa and DBZU 2. It's a shame Dbzoa (besides me) never tried to recruit him for the site.

He also fansubbed the last episode of YGO, as well as the first episode of Winx Club. (guy knew Italian- I don't think that episode was ever distro'd that though)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm still alive! Sorry I've lost touch with some of you guys, a few like yourself Saiyaman, Sato, Yash, and a couple others I did come to consider real friends and it hurts knowing I kind of fell off the Earth. Yash did get a hold of me just recently through one of the few forums I still regularly post on and as I said to him, spare-time's just been very scarce on me the last couple/few years. Not to use that as an excuse, working 6 days a week 50+ hours and a good deal of personal things have just kept me exiled... for lack of a better term, that and I've needed to reinstall AIM forever.

But yeah, aside from losing a couple loved ones, nothing too bad over the last few years.
14 years later

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Good to see you again! Glad you're doing well today. :)

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Haven't kept up with him recently but I understand he's got his own show on TBS now.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:I'm still alive! Sorry I've lost touch with some of you guys, a few like yourself Saiyaman, Sato, Yash, and a couple others I did come to consider real friends and it hurts knowing I kind of fell off the Earth. Yash did get a hold of me just recently through one of the few forums I still regularly post on and as I said to him, spare-time's just been very scarce on me the last couple/few years. Not to use that as an excuse, working 6 days a week 50+ hours and a good deal of personal things have just kept me exiled... for lack of a better term, that and I've needed to reinstall AIM forever.

But yeah, aside from losing a couple loved ones, nothing too bad over the last few years.
Good to see ya, buddy. :)

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post...
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Yeah, it has been a while since he was around. It is nice to see that you breath still yet!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Hope to see you on AIM soon, would love to catch up! :)

ss4songoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ss4songoku » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:19 am

I don't know you but I'm glad you are alive and well Conan. You do seem like a cool guy, it's nice to "meet" you.

Twinbee_Mk_II
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Twinbee_Mk_II » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 am

*waves to Conan*
"Ah power...the only thing in life greater then toast."