Kanzenshuu Community Gaming

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Kanzenshuu Community Gaming

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Yes, there is a monthly subscription fee. It's ~$12 at the lowest level. It's seemingly one of the few MMOs out there that can actually justify it. I wouldn't count on that going anywhere, since even FF11 still has its subscription fee.

The community is perfectly fine, as they tend to be when it's not a free-to-play game.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:44 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yes, there is a monthly subscription fee. It's ~$12 at the lowest level. It's seemingly one of the few MMOs out there that can actually justify it. I wouldn't count on that going anywhere, since even FF11 still has its subscription fee.

The community is perfectly fine, as they tend to be when it's not a free-to-play game.
Okay, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I might try the first month and see how I like it if I end up buying the game. I've never done a monthly subscription game before, and if I'm being honest the very concept is one that I'm very unsure about. As long as it is worth the price I suppose I might dive in for a while.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:36 pm

There is a free 14-day trial on all platforms. When you purchase the game, you also get one free month's subscription time.

Kamiccolo and I play on the Midgardsormr server (there's a world/server selection when you create a new character). Anyone's free to join up any time and we'll show you around!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Wezenheim wrote:Hmm I've been seriously considering buying Final Fantasy XIV, since I just saw that sale! Is it still going strong community wise on the PS4?

EDIT: Also, I heard there was a subscription fee? What's that all about? Not sure I like the sound of that.
Just noticed this.

Mike covered everything else, but I just wanted to note....the community is the same for PC, PS3, and PS4. It's entirely cross-platform. Same servers and everything. I have the game on all three systems right now.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:29 pm

The cross-platform aspect sounds interesting! Should help keep it alive and well. Alright, I'll download it sometime today. Should be an interesting experience for me for sure!

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Forgive the double post, but I made a character on Final Fantasy XIV. His name is Vash Walker. Kamiccolo just added me. I still have no idea how everything works, so you might need to bear with me for a bit :P I'll be on tomorrow a fair amount after work, wasn't able to be on much at all today.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Xenoverse 2 is coming out, so I hope we can play matches soon. I also have idea on what we could do on PS4 or Xbox One in a party. We can watch episodes of any of the Dragon Ball shows on Funimation's streaming website if anyone has a Funimation account. We can watch episodes in a party for fun. I did a similar thing before with my friends with watching movies on Netflix on the 360 a few years back.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Haven't got a PS4 yet, or even a stable internet connection. But how many people here play Overwatch? It's the first game I plan to get for the PS4 and I'd love to have a round with my fellow Kanzenshuuers. (Kanzenshuuians? Kanzenshuuens? Kanzenshuu-jins?)

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm

I'm hoping for Xenoverse 2 for Christmas, I did just get a new graphics card so I could play it (my ancient GTX 460 could not handle it), but that's about as far as I was willing to spend on myself before Christmas. In the mean time I've been running through Xenoverse 1 at a rapid pace since I never did beat it, in the cell arc now (My Saiyan, Vanil, is level 41 now).

If I may offer a suggestion, I personally find Warframe to be a very engaging free to play that's available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. I can only personally speak for the PC version, but this third person action game has me hooked, as anyone who can see my steam profile can see. It's a western game, but there's a lot of anime influences, particularly for evangelion fans. As for why I'd mention it on a Dragon Ball gaming group? Well, okay it's just really fun, but aside from that one of the 'warframes' (basically, a class but you can have multiples at a time on the same 'character' - it's complicated) is named Wukong. As in, yes - the same Wukong our Son Goku is named after, and he even can ride around in a cloud and hit people with an ever growing sized pole.

I'm certainly open to playing more games, and I've been wanting to reconnect with this community since I started watching Super on FUNimation, so I'm open to anything really.
-Laserkid

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:55 am

I may be mistaken, but is there any sort of post with everyone's gamertag/PSN/friend code/Steam? It would be really nice to go through and add everyone to my friend's list. There might be something similar on Discord, but I don't go there too often.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:I may be mistaken, but is there any sort of post with everyone's gamertag/PSN/friend code/Steam? It would be really nice to go through and add everyone to my friend's list. There might be something similar on Discord, but I don't go there too often.
Search for Kanzenshuu in the Steam Community Groups. The Daizenshuu EX Steam group should pop up. That has a lot of forum members on it. Not much happens on it but it's a good way if you want someone's specific steam name. Hopefully we get some good use out of it for Fighter Z.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Hey everyone!

I have Fighter Z both on PC and PS4. Steam name is SunfireSarahZ and PSN is razersaw36. US Central Timezone.

I’ve also made a Discord for ease of cross-platform communication and tech/strat sharing.

https://discord.gg/abyQqD9

So other than that, all I have to say is...

When’s Dragonbahl, Kanzenshuu?

PS: Nice stealth update to the OP, Mike, given the last date on the most recent post. :D
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

Soul Breaker

Post by Soul Breaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:54 am

Awesome! Will add.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:57 am

How can you add someone in FighterZ?
I never did played with anyone from Kanzenshuu in any other DB game, so maybe, after these years it will be nice to add some people from here :)

I am on PS4, gamertag is Dynamixx88 in FighterZ (and player name DavidSebastianCZ) and XV2...
I do also play Mortal Kombat X, Guilty Gear Xrd, Ultra Street Fighter IV and Injustice 2 if anyone is interested... (and I also have Injustice 1, Saint Seiya Soldier Soul or Xenoverse 1 if you are going for the now obscure titles among the popular ones).
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88