What's Your Occupation?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Re: What's Your Occupation?

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:50 am

College student.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:20 am

Just realized I haven't updated this in a while :)

Coming up to the two year anniversary now but I'm working as a Clerical Officer at a major hospital in Dublin booking in blood tests and providing results to GPs and consultants electronically (by confidential means) and over the phone.

Pay isn't great, but its permanent so nice to have the security. Not too bad for an Arts (post)graduate :mrgreen:
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 am

Formerly Junior Animator at Weta Digital, but unemployed now. However I do do contract work for IGN writing their wiki guides. I did the guides for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Astro Bot Rescue Mission, and am penned to do the CTR: Nitro-Fueled guide too (I've already written most of it based on the original game!).

I was also offered to write the guide for Jump Force, but had to decline due to scheduling issues. Kinda glad I passed on that one in the end. :lol:

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:17 am

KBABZ wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 am Formerly Junior Animator at Weta Digital
That's SO COOL! Did you work on any of Peter Jackson's movies? I am a huge fan.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:17 am
KBABZ wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 am Formerly Junior Animator at Weta Digital
That's SO COOL! Did you work on any of Peter Jackson's movies? I am a huge fan.
I didn't, no, but I saw some over-the-shoulder stuff of Mortal Engines. I worked on Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip, The BFG, a thing or two on Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, as well as working on War for the Planet of the Apes and Alita: Battle Angel.

On the latter project I had a deskmate who also liked Dragon Ball (although not to the extent I do, haha). My avatar is actually a coloured version of the drawing she did for the cover of my leaving card, which is a young me with Kid Goku. I nearly cried when I first saw it.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:14 am

KBABZ wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 amWar for the Planet of the Apes
That movie was awesome! Congratulations for whatever you contributed to it!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:14 am
It was a while ago so I can't quite remember EVERYTHING, but I did a lot of crowd facial anim placement all over the film but primarily in the latter third, and especially with the child apes. Also did the show of Caesar falling down the waterfall right after his rope gets cut at the start of the movie, a close-up of those rockets being fired, and did the tank shell explosion timing in one of the wide-shots where Caesar climbs up to the Colonel's quarters during the siege.

That last one was fun because I actually looked up the model tank being used by the invading army, figured out the gun it used, and thus learnt how fast the shells were traveling. Then I was told by my lead they were too slow and needed to double their velocity. Ahh, movies!

Derf

Post by Derf » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:13 pm

I’m the Multimedia Developer for a local access television station in a suburb not far from Boston, MA! Essentially, my responsibilities include the development and maintenance of our station’s website (essentially, WordPress development), developing the graphics for most of the content we produce, and maintaining our social media presence. I also do a little bit of video production, including directing shows produced by the public, when I’m required to.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:37 pm

KBABZ wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 am
Paulo Gabriel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:14 am
It was a while ago so I can't quite remember EVERYTHING, but I did a lot of crowd facial anim placement all over the film but primarily in the latter third, and especially with the child apes. Also did the show of Caesar falling down the waterfall right after his rope gets cut at the start of the movie, a close-up of those rockets being fired, and did the tank shell explosion timing in one of the wide-shots where Caesar climbs up to the Colonel's quarters during the siege.

That last one was fun because I actually looked up the model tank being used by the invading army, figured out the gun it used, and thus learnt how fast the shells were traveling. Then I was told by my lead they were too slow and needed to double their velocity. Ahh, movies!
That was quite an enjoyable read. :mrgreen:

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:50 pm

I've been a university guy since 2016. Whenever I discuss Dragon Ball with ~19 year olds there these days, they mainly remember it through TFS. Interesting seeing the shift from people around my age or older, who caught it when the OG funi dub was still happening.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Health problems led to me being fired from my last job. I now work for a technical college selling college books.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:47 pm

I don't have a real on paper job at the moment but I always consider myself a wellcare worker because I've devoted 6 years of my life taking care of my bed fast grandfather who has Alzheimers and basically have to do everything for him. my grandma gives me a little money for helping but I've told her she doesn't have too. but in the past I worked as a cashier at the Dollar General and before that I worked in a computer store working on computers. I personally would like to spend the rest of my days working some kinda farm work or something because I've done that and labor work almost all of my life. haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:23 am

I used to work on a parking lot, but now I am just a ''university guy'', as someone wrote above.

Kermo

Post by Kermo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:28 am

Well I used to work in hotels for several years but now I work in a logistic company and I like it. Every day is different and less people to deal with during working hours
Property for sale in Italy https://tranio.com/italy/

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:18 am

I write and draw doujinshi for a living
It's a pretty fantastic job, honestly - truly grateful to be able to make money out of my passion
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am

Locust wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:18 am I write and draw doujinshi for a living
It's a pretty fantastic job, honestly - truly grateful to be able to make money out of my passion
...so...what do you draw. Any examples? :p
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:51 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am
I mainly draw male/male pairings - I formally drew doujins based on various fighting game IPs
I do occasionally draw lesbian pairings, and het stuff. I'm pretty big into genderbends too

I'm reworking my doujin circle, working on my art - improving the fundamentals such as anatomy. My previous art was ok but I'm so dissatisfied looking at it now - but I think that's something all artists go through
I mentioned I'm rebooting my circle, so I will be making fresh new social media accounts/pixiv. Shifting focus to now making Dragon Ball doujinshi - I will surely start sharing my (SFW! don't ban me) art when I'm more happy with it over in the creative section

I feel this was such an unsatisfactory answer, and I'm sorry for that! I'm in very much a transitional period of life right now, which bleeds into my work orz
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am

Locust wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:51 am
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am
I mainly draw male/male pairings - I formally drew doujins based on various fighting game IPs
I do occasionally draw lesbian pairings, and het stuff. I'm pretty big into genderbends too

I'm reworking my doujin circle, working on my art - improving the fundamentals such as anatomy. My previous art was ok but I'm so dissatisfied looking at it now - but I think that's something all artists go through
I mentioned I'm rebooting my circle, so I will be making fresh new social media accounts/pixiv. Shifting focus to now making Dragon Ball doujinshi - I will surely start sharing my (SFW! don't ban me) art when I'm more happy with it over in the creative section

I feel this was such an unsatisfactory answer, and I'm sorry for that! I'm in very much a transitional period of life right now, which bleeds into my work orz
Ah, no problem. I actually tried looking up some stuff based off of your username her but all I found were some doujinshi for JoJo by a 'Locus', not a 'Locust', so I figured it probably wasn't you. :lol:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Indie animator, and working on a series pilot

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:40 pm

In a week or two, I'll start doing tech support for PCs and Phones.