What's Your Occupation?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: What's Your Occupation?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:00 pm

I am presenting a preliminary thesis for my doctorate on Friday. Wish me luck, people :D
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:02 pm

I'm two years into med school. There's still a loooong way to go.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I am presenting a preliminary thesis for my doctorate on Friday. Wish me luck, people :D
A Genkai-Dama of luck ? But seriously good luck.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:18 am

My thing got delayed to Thursday. Good news is that now I get to go present it to a two-day symposium in Memphis. Bad news is that.....I have to go present it to a two-day symposium in Memphis.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:17 am

System Engineer student, first year.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:11 pm

I work in a warehouse by day, but by night I'm a freelance animator/storyboard artist :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Big Momma wrote:I work in a warehouse by day, but by night I'm a freelance animator/storyboard artist :thumbup:
I heard you were Batman. I won't say where.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:09 pm

I currently work in a warehouse. I do a lot of simple stuff, such as packing things into boxes and putting labels on products. It's pretty boring, but it's a living. I probably won't be there too much longer since I'm going to be returning to college soon.

At college, I'm majoring in English. I hope to add a certificate for Journalism and Japanese to my resume though.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm just a simple student on his last year of highscool, things are getting hard but i'm trying my best to not fall and achieve what i want, and if i fall, at least i want do it knowing that i fought.
Idk what to do next year if i go to college, i mean, i've some interest in studying biotechnology, but i'm still really not sure because it seems really difficult, and while i like challenges, i'm already struggling with other problems so as i can't see the future i'm not very sure.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Now strictly working in Guy's Hospital, with the typical Mon-Fri/9-5 shift hours.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I got bored and was browsing through old threads in this section, and discovered the old 'Occupations' thread...that hadn't been posted in since 2012. So since necro-posting is frowned upon, figured I'd just go ahead and make this new thread on the subject, since there's two years is a decently long time where a lot of us may have found ourselves in new positions since then.

That's definitely true in my case. I finally got fed up with the hotel room cleaning game (not to mention I wasn't making enough money for anything), so I finally started to job hunt again a couple of months ago. After not hearing back from a few places, I finally got hired at a local Conoco gas station as an attendant. It pays pretty decently, and I'm getting a good amount of hours for it (normally 25 or so a week, but that will be increasing again soon), despite only having to work Friday through Sunday normally. My job really only has three main parts - 1) pump gas for people and take their payment; 2) do the paperwork and lock-up at the end of the night, if I'm on the night schedule; and 3) babysit the place. There's actually a fair amount of time when I'm not doing anything, so...I'm essentially being paid to sit there and read. Or write. Or play my 2DS. Oh if only I got internet there...

But enough about me, what do you guys do for a living nowadays?
After barely graduating from High School in large part of suffering from Artist's Block for almost a decade, I am stuck with the living of Babysitting my "siblings" in exchange for most of my expenses being taken care of with the exception of doing yard work quite a bit when it is not the Winter time.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:29 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:I'm just a simple student on his last year of highscool, things are getting hard but i'm trying my best to not fall and achieve what i want, and if i fall, at least i want do it knowing that i fought.
Idk what to do next year if i go to college, i mean, i've some interest in studying biotechnology, but i'm still really not sure because it seems really difficult, and while i like challenges, i'm already struggling with other problems so as i can't see the future i'm not very sure.
Wow, literally thought I wrote this for a second. I'm also in the last year of high school, facing some difficulties (although not academic related) and have an interest in biotechnology. In fact, I'm taking a class on it right now.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:04 pm

I'm a homeschool student. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I'm a homeschool student. :P
Nice bro! I actually did that for my 6th grade year and I liked it quite a bit!!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Nice bro! I actually did that for my 6th grade year and I liked it quite a bit!!
Well, to be clear, I'm not in a homeschool group; I just do school at home with my brother.

Just wanted to clarify. :wink:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am

Anime Kitten wrote: Well, to be clear, I'm not in a homeschool group; I just do school at home with my brother.

Just wanted to clarify. :wink:
Same. Well, without the brother part. I pretty much did all the work by myself.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:24 am

kinisking wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:I'm just a simple student on his last year of highscool, things are getting hard but i'm trying my best to not fall and achieve what i want, and if i fall, at least i want do it knowing that i fought.
Wow, literally thought I wrote this for a second. I'm also in the last year of high school, facing some difficulties (although not academic related) and have an interest in biotechnology. In fact, I'm taking a class on it right now.
Keep your heads up fellas, you've got your whole lives ahead of you :thumbup:

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:53 am

MarCas92 wrote:Currently an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) for Gold Cross. Best job in the world. Going to Paramedic school in 2016.
Lol thats funny. Things change. Currently an editor an independent film production company. Also going to school for a PoliSci degree. But I think I'm gonna drop out.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm

I graduated from university 2 years ago in Business Communications. I currently work in Human Resources for the Government here in Alberta, Canada. I work basic office hours, play basketball twice a week in a rec league (they wanted me because of my height), hang out with family, watch sports (huge boxing and NBA fan), and this pretty much sums up my life at the moment. Nothing really interesting, lol.

I don't really watch Dragonball as much as I used to, don't have that much time. I watch Super weekly though. I also run the biggest Piccolo page on Facebook.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 pm

I'm some stressed idiot/aspiring musician on this forum.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu