What's Your Occupation?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What's Your Occupation?

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:53 pm

I am an indie rock artist by theredspirit

shameless plug here hehe

https://open.spotify.com/artist/11ztclIGl8JomGApKSvECe

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:18 am

Copywriter in advertising. I make 60k...

....In New York City :lol:

I wouldn't recommend anybody go to college unless they know for sure what they want to do. Trade school/certification's the way to go. I wasted 4 years in college and my ceiling before going to ad school and building a portfolio was a friggin' Domino's manager
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Yosheets
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yosheets » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:44 am

A busser at Texas Roadhouse.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:51 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:18 am Copywriter in advertising. I make 60k...

....In New York City :lol:

I wouldn't recommend anybody go to college unless they know for sure what they want to do. Trade school/certification's the way to go. I wasted 4 years in college and my ceiling before going to ad school and building a portfolio was a friggin' Domino's manager
Per year, per month?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:21 pm

I'm working as game developer for about 3 years now. I've got master degree in that specialization.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:44 am

You mean besides Dragon ball?

To pay for my bills I solve idiot problems. Aka modeling and applied engineering for several industries from healthcare, constructiin, to transportation and others. I also do independant research on biotechnology and sustainability. I try to survive in one of the most dangerous countries in the world so close to USA so far from God.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:34 am

I currently do Doordash, Instacart, and Shipt.

I graduated with a master's in criminal justice this past may. I'm looking for work in the public sector.

I did Data Analytics over the summer, but it wasn't for me. It had a lot of challenges with the supply chain issues. I was working at Aldi, but it was physically tough. My Grandma has cancer right now and i'm a care taker for her several days out of the week. I enjoy the flexibility of a self employed schedule.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:20 am

Oh, I realized I forgot to mention I also do Art commissions (I have the best price around, paypal payment try me :wink: )

And I do freelance jobs like official translations english-spanish, spanish-english, if you need my services, contact me trough here or my DA.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:23 pm

I'm a business analyst, which basically means I make spreadsheets. The pay is decent though and the company I'm at right now is remarkably laidback, which helps. I just finished my master's in business finance so I'm hoping to move higher soon, just started sending out applications.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:51 am

I work for my alma mater with an official title of Systems Administrator, but I do a lot of Software Engineering work as well, with me essentially jumping between those two roles. Even when I'm working more in the sysadmin role, my angle is mostly to automate the relevant tasks as much as I can. I've been working for my school in a similar capacity since basically the beginning of my attendance there, and then they kept paying me after I graduated, so there we go.

I've also got a side gig as a Software Engineer contractor for a former manager of mine.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:26 pm

Currently working on my writing major at a four year university. If my dream of working in the film or comic book industry fails, I intend to become an English professor at a university or community college.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:34 pm

I'm a DBA for the local government for about 13 years now.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:57 am

I'm usually unemployed, but I get occasional jobs as substitute teacher in high schools from time to time, it's basically like a lottery. As of now, I'm going to be a physics teacher until the 30th of June, and then the lottery restarts. I also taught math and c.s. some other times, I actually prefer math.

I sure hope I can find a permanent job outside of school, though.