What's Your Occupation?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What's Your Occupation?

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Blade wrote: Oh, and by night, I'm Batman.
You too? Neat!

Also, your location description is pretty darn funny :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 pm

I work in Human Resources for the Alberta Government here in Calgary in the Health Care Department. Health Care is free here in Canada so we have millions of files to look after. I did my Bachelor's Degree (4 years) in Human Resources & Management and graduated in 2014.

I'm settled down now, and I don't mind HR, but its not what I would like to do for the rest of my life. So I'm just going through the motions right now trying to find out what I would really enjoy doing.

I also do Sports talk radio part time for a local radio station where we talk NHL, NBA, NFL. etc.
Last edited by omaro34 on Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Cipher wrote:Currently a writing tutor; next year I'll be an assistant English teacher in Japan. Also a fiction-writer and MFA graduate, non-occupationally.
I gotta say, I respect what you have to say around here and I wish you nothing but the absolute best in your future endeavours.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 02, 2017 7:40 pm

omaro34 wrote:I gotta say, I respect what you have to say around here and I wish you nothing but the absolute best in your future endeavours.
Many thanks!

Glad to hear you're aware enough of your emotional state to assess whether HR's for you. Keep at it and don't lose sight of what you want.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Thu May 04, 2017 2:17 am

omaro34 wrote:I work in Human Resources for the Alberta Government here in Calgary in the Health Care Department. Health Care is free here in Canada so we have millions of files to look after. I did my Bachelor's Degree (4 years) in Human Resources & Management and graduated in 2014.

I'm settled down now, and I don't mind HR, but its not what I would like to do for the rest of my life. So I'm just going through the motions right now trying to find out what I would really enjoy doing.

I also do Sports talk radio part time for a local radio station where we talk NHL, NBA, NFL. etc.
That's awesome dude =) Always something I wanted to do. Good luck with finding a job you're happy with :D

jaiOtaku

Post by jaiOtaku » Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm still a student but I run a few websites on the side :)
My Anime & Dragon Ball webshop, Otakupicks
Use discount code OTAKU10 to get 10% off your order :)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 pm

omaro34 wrote:I work in Human Resources for the Alberta Government here in Calgary in the Health Care Department. Health Care is free here in Canada so we have millions of files to look after. I did my Bachelor's Degree (4 years) in Human Resources & Management and graduated in 2014.

My main occupation is similar to yours. I mean, I work in a HR that takes care of other HRs. The difference is that I work as a Supervisor of Rights and Duties. Among other activities, I edit administrative acts that will be signed by the governor or his state secretaries. I provide legal advice to other supervisors/superintendents of other government agencies' HR as well.

As a shy person, it's surprising people management would fit me that much. I thought I would be bored at my job, but it turned out the opposite. If everyone in this context enjoyed what they do, the job itself wouldn't have such resistance.

Here in Brazil there is a strong trend that you only win in life when you get approved in a public contest (I don't know how to phrase it propely, but I hope you get it) or when you have many clients. I know everything is fleeting, but each day I stay there has been a victory. There is a lot of work per day, but it pays off. It helps a lot to have someone to share burdens and happiness.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 pm

PelicanDynasty wrote:

That's awesome dude =) Always something I wanted to do. Good luck with finding a job you're happy with :D
Thank you very much. It's fun, you would be surprised the amount of behind the scene work that it involves. Best part is also hearing what the public has to say in different subjects around different sports leagues. Some callers are out there :lol:

I wish you nothing but the best as well.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:00 am

Hugo Boss wrote:

My main occupation is similar to yours. I mean, I work in a HR that takes care of other HRs. The difference is that I work as a Supervisor of Rights and Duties. Among other activities, I edit administrative acts that will be signed by the governor or his state secretaries. I provide legal advice to other supervisors/superintendents of other government agencies' HR as well.

As a shy person, it's surprising people management would fit me that much. I thought I would be bored at my job, but it turned out the opposite. If everyone in this context enjoyed what they do, the job itself wouldn't have such resistance.

Here in Brazil there is a strong trend that you only win in life when you get approved in a public contest (I don't know how to phrase it propely, but I hope you get it) or when you have many clients. I know everything is fleeting, but each day I stay there has been a victory. There is a lot of work per day, but it pays off. It helps a lot to have someone to share burdens and happiness.
Sounds awesome. I'm glad you enjoy your job, and yes dealing with people on a daily basis isn't easy. HR is about relationships as you know, and people are a company's greatest asset. Building clients can most certainly be stressful. but keep the people you share burdens and happiness with close, because the real ones are the ones that are there for you in times of good and bad.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue May 09, 2017 12:50 am

Currently unemployed.

...Okay, disabled.

Spina Bifida. I have a hole in my lower spine. It's not one of the more severe cases but it's just bad enough to be considered disabled.

That and I have OCD. I know a lot of people say it casually but I have actually been diagnosed with it.

Formerly however... I used to have a small following on youtube. And by small, i mean small. about 300 subscribers. I hacked video games like Animal Crossing on the gamecube. Even dug arround a bit in DBZ Budokai 1 and 2. Interesting fact: There are versions of the characters built into Budokai 2 that have the full movesets. Don't hold your breath on unused characters though. I also tried my best to make Cellin playable in Budokai 1 to no avail.

Back then, I was called Bowsersenemy. However, at the time, hackers were making a bad name for themselves in the news, so out of fear, I cleared out my youtube channel and "edited" a few of my posts on Unseen64 (I actually helped out there for a time).

Thinking about coming back as Bowsersenemy on youtube. I use save mods on PS3 games so I'd still be able to make hacking videos to a degree but I'd need some capture hardware first. Hope those devices from Roxio work with my laptop.

Anyway, that's my story.

Might not be as interesting as others but I can't change it.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 pm

I am currently taking the summer to get certified to teach English to speakers of other languages (TESOL), in preparation of my move to Germany in August. I've enjoyed being an adjunct professor, despite the low pay, but the teaching situation in Kentucky is getting too bad for me to continue doing it, and personal reasons have expedited my already planned departure for Europe anyway. Got a job lined up teaching English in Bavaria, which will also allow me to work on my German (teaching English is the loophole to getting a work visa without being fluent in the native language. Pro-tip).
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 pm

I am currently studying for my first certification exam to become an actuary. I missed out on several internships this summer because I didn't have any exams passed. The backup plan is to just use my Statistics degree to snag a job in Data Analytics/Data Science.(I have a year left in acquiring the Stats degree) As of now I am just studying for that exam and working at a grocery store though

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm a neuroscientist who is currently doing research at CAMH, the largest psychiatric hospital in Canada. I measure surface electric potentials from the brain called EEG (Electroencephalograph) to find out how the brain responds to transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). This therapy is used to treat people with depression and other mental conditions that cannot be treated otherwise by medications. I have an M.D. and also a Bachelors of Engineering i.e. 4 years of med school and 4 years of engineering at university. I am drowning in student loans and get paid a student salary. I am on the road to become a Neurologist or Psychiatrist. I got a long way to go unfortunately but hope to get there someday.

Fun fact - this is why I can actually measure how long it takes for you to move your finger after stimulating your brain i.e. the time it takes for a signal to travel from your brain to your finger. Try reading my theory on Ultra Instinct sometime!
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:13 pm

After years of trying to land and successfully keep a job, I am finally hired at a local cafe.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Computer Scientist.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 am

I'm a mailman. And aspiring game developer on my time off.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:03 am

I'm now a paid canvasser for my MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) and soon-to-be university student.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:20 am

I am currently studying Video Game Design in college.

About jobs, I'm planning to apply for one in my local telephone company to pay my studies.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 am

i work at starbucks on weekdays, and then do the dishes at some Chinese restaurant on the weekends. though I've been thinking about quitting my starbucks job because of mental health issues, shits rough.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:37 pm

I work in a cubicle in an office environment doing Human Resources. It's a solid, consistent gig that compensates quite well, so it's hard to complain--not that it stops me from doing so. 8)
Thanos before Thanos was cool.