Exactly how popular is Daizex at the moment?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Exactly how popular is Daizex at the moment?

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:13 pm

I was just wondering how popular the site was at the moment. Around how many unique hits does the site get per day, and how many e-mails do you get? Is it anywhere near on par with the days of old, since now there are so very few DB sites out there?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Exactly how popular is Daizex at the moment?

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:29 pm

Dayspring wrote:I was just wondering how popular the site was at the moment. Around how many unique hits does the site get per day, and how many e-mails do you get? Is it anywhere near on par with the days of old, since now there are so very few DB sites out there?
I don't particularly care to give exact numbers for anything, but I can say it's nowhere near what it was back in 2000-2001. And I highly doubt it ever will be, and ever *could* be for a DBZ website.

That said, I'm the worst person to ask to gauge the popularity. I have a very skewed perspective on things, since it's my own site. Mostly being that I don't have a clue.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 am

Thanks. I was just wondering if it was still a lot because of the scarcity of sites.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Gotens_Girl

Post by Gotens_Girl » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:19 am

Forgive me if the info can be found elsewhere on here, but how high were the numbers in your height of popularity?
<Zackarotto> Have fun raping the moral standards of the universe, you unloved bastard children.
<Vaeran> We always do. <3

Thanks Xyex for the avatar! ^_____^

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:59 pm

Gotens_Girl wrote:Forgive me if the info can be found elsewhere on here, but how high were the numbers in your height of popularity?
There were a few server moves from what I remember (sreanime, pokeball, etc).

That should explain everything. :P

Saiya-jin
Banned

Post by Saiya-jin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Don't worry, the site is still popular to all of us!! :D

I just wanted to say that I just happened to stumble upon this website for the first time on, wait for it....April first 2004! Or whenever you did the AF prank, I can't remember the year :oops: .

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:13 pm

I've seen mentions of this website on several anime boards and a friend of mine (whom is a relative otaku in her own right) knew the website by name without being a member of this forum so if it's anything it's respected by our anime-society peers.
Just remember, everytime something bad is happening to you. Something even worse is happening to someone else.

Hyper Sora
Banned

Post by Hyper Sora » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 pm

I found this out by looking on this dragonball z movie site or something. But, this is way better than those sites :lol:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:14 pm

It's been so long since I first found this site that I forgot how I found it.

Of course, back in the day, I was a Planet Namek forum dweller.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:33 am

I don't think EX really cares about popularity. I think I recall him saying something like he doesn't care how many forum goers there are, in response to someone asking why there isn't more forum sections to draw in more users.

I would assume he feels the same way about the site. Or am I completely wrong? :lol:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:01 pm

It would be nice if the site was "popular", sure. If people enjoy the site and find something interesting or informative, that's great.

The reason the site went back up was because I was enjoying the show, again, and wanted to continue having that place I could write some stuff about it. It tickles me to death that other people read it from time to time, but even now, it's still just because I have fun doing it :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Saiya-jin
Banned

Post by Saiya-jin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:04 pm

Hyper Sora wrote:I found this out by looking on this dragonball z movie site or something. But, this is way better than those sites :lol:
I think I may have said this before, but I first came across this site on the very day the site had the Dragonball AF prank on. Thats right, I fell for it. :lol: :oops:

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:21 am

VegettoEX wrote: The reason the site went back up was because I was enjoying the show, again, and wanted to continue having that place I could write some stuff about it.
BACK up? I never knew it was ever gone. I guess I hadn't found it by then.
I first found it in 2004, I think. I was looking for information on CDs / music, and this site has the most information on them I've ever seen. :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:38 am

Leotaku wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: The reason the site went back up was because I was enjoying the show, again, and wanted to continue having that place I could write some stuff about it.
I first found it in 2004, I think. I was looking for information on CDs / music, and this site has the most information on them I've ever seen. :P
From January 1998 until September 2001, all was more or less peachy. There were a couple server moves in there (AOL --> SRE --> Pokeball), but the site lived on, regardless. Once Pokeball died, and because I was so fed up with fandom at that point, the site was on hiatus for a year. I kept up a main page and had a few random updates and media files, and during that year I asked Julian to work on the site with me, and redesigned and reformatted everything with all-new content. It went back up in an official way in January 2003, and here we are in 2006 :).

It's really funny how long of a time span 1998 to 2001 seemed, and now the last three years have flown by like nothing.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:54 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Leotaku wrote:
From January 1998 until September 2001, all was more or less peachy. There were a couple server moves in there (AOL --> SRE --> Pokeball), but the site lived on, regardless. Once Pokeball died, and because I was so fed up with fandom at that point, the site was on hiatus for a year. I kept up a main page and had a few random updates and media files, and during that year I asked Julian to work on the site with me, and redesigned and reformatted everything with all-new content. It went back up in an official way in January 2003, and here we are in 2006 :).

It's really funny how long of a time span 1998 to 2001 seemed, and now the last three years have flown by like nothing.
The site went back up as late as 2003? Shit, my sense of time is warped. It went down in what, 2002? So it was down for nearly 1 1/2-2 years? Man, that's mondo nuts!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Meri wrote:The site went back up as late as 2003? Shit, my sense of time is warped. It went down in what, 2002? So it was down for nearly 1 1/2-2 years? Man, that's mondo nuts!
The last update I was able to get in on the Pokeball server was in September of 2001. It stayed up for several weeks (months?) after that, but we were all entirely locked out of the server. Eventually, it just died.

At that point, I moved a really basic home page over to my AOL space and put the domain pointing over to it. During that year's break, I mostly did nothing, and then also redesigned and brought on Julian.

A year after all that (January 2003) is when the site went back up using my Rutgers space for the time being.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:29 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The last update I was able to get in on the Pokeball server was in September of 2001. It stayed up for several weeks (months?) after that, but we were all entirely locked out of the server. Eventually, it just died.

At that point, I moved a really basic home page over to my AOL space and put the domain pointing over to it. During that year's break, I mostly did nothing, and then also redesigned and brought on Julian.

A year after all that (January 2003) is when the site went back up using my Rutgers space for the time being.
Are we gonna have to do a "History of Daizenshuu EX" podcast? I'll be damned if I remember anything detailed like that. :D I'm kinda sad my college years are now a blur. The only thing I distinctly remember about the era when you were putting your site back up was when you spent the summer at my house, and were gathering old content like editorials and working on things. Beyond that, it's a bit fuzzy.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:20 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Leotaku wrote:

Ah. OK, thanks for the history lesson, Mike. :P
I don't think I even had an internet connection when this site was down then. I've only been online a few years.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Meri wrote:The site went back up as late as 2003? Shit, my sense of time is warped. It went down in what, 2002? So it was down for nearly 1 1/2-2 years? Man, that's mondo nuts!
The last update I was able to get in on the Pokeball server was in September of 2001. It stayed up for several weeks (months?) after that, but we were all entirely locked out of the server. Eventually, it just died.

You mean my absence from the DB community coincided with the EXACT absence of Daizex from the net? That is so freaky... :shock:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:59 pm

I'd wager DaizEX is fairly popular. Basically anything DragonBall will get people showing up. My site is probably the least popular DragonBall topic ever - and I get more and more people all the time (over a thousand different people last month).

But the point isn't that a lot of people like your site. It's that you like your site :D