how do i add a avatar for my profile?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssjvegeta420

how do i add a avatar for my profile?

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:59 pm

when i go to user control panel the edit avatar or profile ic has a x through it and no option to upload from my pc... why?

can someone please help me, how do i add a avatar. everyone else gets to have a cool dragonball pic beside their posts but mines blank?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: how do i add a avatar for my profile?

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:02 pm

You have to upload the pic somewhere, like Imgur, and then add the link in the "Link off-site".
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 pm

First, please clean up your posts before making them. We do ask that all members - especially, and it should go without saying, native English speakers (let us know if you are not, of course) - post with proper grammar. You can preview your posts before making them, so there is no reason to post something up without capitalization or punctuation and improper spellings.

That said, we do not allow users to upload avatars to our server for bandwidth and security reasons. You can however use an image hosting site, such as Photobucket, ImageShack, or Dropbox, to link to an avatar for your profile.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

ssjvegeta420

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:10 pm

Sandubadear wrote:You have to upload the pic somewhere, like Imgur, and then add the link in the "Link off-site".
thankyou very very much. finally someone answers me. also thankyou for not being a grammar nazi like the other guy who responded to my question

ssjvegeta420

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:20 pm

i have tried imgur and photobucket. neither work for uploading avatar. imgur says invalid, and photobucket says url is too long. holy crap man i just want to have a avatar, why is that so hard?

ssjvegeta420

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:28 pm

image shack gained a url invalid. this is what i put in
https://imageshack.us/i/pbSzZ50Tj

why cant i even link offsite?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:06 am

ssjvegeta420 wrote: thankyou very very much. finally someone answers me. also thankyou for not being a grammar nazi like the other guy who responded to my question
This other guy (whom you also called a "douchebag" in your report) is a staff member who was trying to help you follow the forum rules, which you already agreed to upon registration.

I'm not sure if you're honestly confused or if you're here to cause trouble, but false reports and name calling are not helping your case.
-Rachel

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:00 pm

You have to add the direct image link. In this case, http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/479x44 ... SzZ50T.jpg
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ssjvegeta420

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:08 pm

sandubear your solution worked.

WhatIfTheories

Post by WhatIfTheories » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:34 am

I tried to uploade a picture for like 20 minutes. Couldn't do it even with the recommendations using Imugur and other sites the link doesn't work. So guess no Avatar moving on rather talk about something interesting on the forums then losing precious time trying to upload a Avatar pick. Just joined the site however doesn't seem very user friendly so far.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 pm

WhatIfTheories wrote:I tried to uploade a picture for like 20 minutes. Couldn't do it even with the recommendations using Imugur and other sites the link doesn't work. So guess no Avatar moving on rather talk about something interesting on the forums then losing precious time trying to upload a Avatar pick. Just joined the site however doesn't seem very user friendly so far.
Post the link here so we can see if there's a problem with it.
I will make it my temporary avatar just to make sure it works :thumbup:

WhatIfTheories

Post by WhatIfTheories » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:58 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
WhatIfTheories wrote:I tried to uploade a picture for like 20 minutes. Couldn't do it even with the recommendations using Imugur and other sites the link doesn't work. So guess no Avatar moving on rather talk about something interesting on the forums then losing precious time trying to upload a Avatar pick. Just joined the site however doesn't seem very user friendly so far.
Post the link here so we can see if there's a problem with it.
I will make it my temporary avatar just to make sure it works :thumbup:

Oh sorry wasn't on and just getting used to this site so didn't see your gracious offer. That is really nice. I would have to upload it again it just a simple picture of my What If Logo from my youtube page. Just says What IF lol.