Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Speedster
Regular
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:15 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Speedster » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:00 am

Is it just my account or does the ability to edit posts now have a time limit? It was a useful feature for updating/correcting/expanding certain posts (such as lists of power levels, theories etc) instead of re-posting them.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16643
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:17 pm

No, not gone forever. Working on some maintenance tweaks. Hold tight.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Tyro
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Tyro » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?

User avatar
Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Tyro wrote:Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?
I'm 99% sure there was because of stuff like a certain member editing most of his old posts and typing in "b" in all those posts.

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6127
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:No, not gone forever. Working on some maintenance tweaks. Hold tight.
Thank goodness! :thumbup:
Tyro wrote:Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?
There was in the thread I made discussing the timed editing. I would understand wanting to prevent that, but you also kill the ability to keep a maintained first post in a thread, and for certain threads, its vital (or if you make an error or something, of course).
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
Pokewhiz7
I Live Here
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: United States

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:10 am

Shiyonasan wrote:
Tyro wrote:Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?
I'm 99% sure there was because of stuff like a certain member editing most of his old posts and typing in "b" in all those posts.
Why is this a problem, exactly?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5466
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:
Tyro wrote:Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?
I'm 99% sure there was because of stuff like a certain member editing most of his old posts and typing in "b" in all those posts.
Why is this a problem, exactly?
Well if you ask me there's no real point in doing so as people like to go back and look through old topics but you can't because they're all gone

Post Reply