Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Speedster
Regular

Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by Speedster » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:00 am

Is it just my account or does the ability to edit posts now have a time limit? It was a useful feature for updating/correcting/expanding certain posts (such as lists of power levels, theories etc) instead of re-posting them.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Ability to edit posts indefinetely is now gone?

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:17 pm

No, not gone forever. Working on some maintenance tweaks. Hold tight.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Tyro wrote:Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?
I'm 99% sure there was because of stuff like a certain member editing most of his old posts and typing in "b" in all those posts.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:No, not gone forever. Working on some maintenance tweaks. Hold tight.
Thank goodness! :thumbup:
Tyro wrote:Wasn't there some talk about removing the ability to indefinitely edit your posts in the event that someone goes on a deleting spree, as has happened in the past?
There was in the thread I made discussing the timed editing. I would understand wanting to prevent that, but you also kill the ability to keep a maintained first post in a thread, and for certain threads, its vital (or if you make an error or something, of course).
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:10 am

Shiyonasan wrote:
I'm 99% sure there was because of stuff like a certain member editing most of his old posts and typing in "b" in all those posts.
Why is this a problem, exactly?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:
Why is this a problem, exactly?
Well if you ask me there's no real point in doing so as people like to go back and look through old topics but you can't because they're all gone