Reviving Old Threads

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Reviving Old Threads

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:03 pm

I came across this thread a little while ago, and I was curious about something.

Is it okay to revive old threads? Do we have to make new ones based on the old ones?

Thanks in advance!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Reviving Old Threads

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:09 pm

The stigma usually comes from having a weak response to an old thread. So long as your reply is substantial and adds to the discussion further, it seems to be okay according to past examples. For something like dreams, I think you're better off making a quality post there as opposed to, I don't know, necro-posting a thread about the 2013 Battle of Gods film announcement.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Thanks! I can't post something on that thread specifically because I don't think I've had any DB dreams, but I'll certainly look at some others and try to add as much as I can.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:01 pm

No, I wouldn't advise on reviving old threads from years ago. It just adds more confusions and a lot of members from old threads are no longer regulars. If a mod sees a revived thread, it will most likely be locked.

Just make a new thread if you want to add a conversation.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Unless there's a reason for it, (like new info or something) then you should probably just remake the topic.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:39 am

I remember when someone nerco-posted in a thread months ago and one of the mods (Can't remember who) said that you can't revive threads that has been inactive for 3 months or older (Unless it's a stickied thread).