DragonBall AF: The Prank (Revealed)

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:16 pm

Gah... and they chopped our URL off, too. :? Without that, those who see it will stay blissfully unawares...
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:28 pm

Yeah, such a professional job done of that, too.

Why am I not surprised to see an ad begging people to vote for it on the "Goku's Top 50"? :roll:

The oddest part of this is the fact that someone under 'broly69' posted it on my dead message board. :? Go figure.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:48 pm

They said they were an official site. How stupid are they?!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:34 pm

The guy's not stupid exactly, I bet he's just getting a good laugh at how many people he can fool. All of his content is extremly cheesy, and obviously fake. He probably cut off the URL so people wouldn't follow the link and realize it was a joke.

Folken-sama

Post by Folken-sama » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:04 pm

Hello !

This isn't really about your nice joke, but I saw something about AF written in japanese, but I can't read it, so could someone translate this, please ?

http://otoco.gooside.com/text/dragonballaf.htm

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:21 pm

The site looks fake to me, even though I can't read Japanese.

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/ImageFol ... 10goku.jpg

Pretty funny, though.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:50 pm

Folken-sama wrote:This isn't really about your nice joke, but I saw something about AF written in japanese, but I can't read it, so could someone translate this, please ?

http://otoco.gooside.com/text/dragonballaf.htm
The person is a Japanese fan of DB, giving his impressions on the inventiveness of American fans in essentially "creating" a series of their own, with fanart and story ideas. On the whole, he thinks it's pretty funny, but in a nice way. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

cvongi

Post by cvongi » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:08 pm

Vegeta91

Post by Vegeta91 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:22 pm

http://www.ingenco.20megsfree.com/
I have to admit, some of the fanart looks pretty good (The ones that aren't just cruddy recolours). Although the bastard stole most of them Kabu who draws at Dragonball Arena. The 'Bran' pic may be familiar to Deus. :wink: I can't believe he actually came up with all that crap :shock:, especially the movies' names.

EDIT: Damn ! The little turd actually stole the Puririn picture from you guys !
My heart is calm. It is quiet and pure. Make no mistake though, it's pure evil.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:20 pm

Super Saiyajin 8 XD aaaahahaha!
Amusing fellow. =D

cvongi

dbaf

Post by cvongi » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:44 pm

they seen me the first 2 eps it was hot and company names was Animation Developement and by the first 2 week of jan this jan they will have clips ofon the site and they are not the created of AF it was a fan spread around and a student was writing a story about it and his vice princible read and had a friend that has his own studio coming up in and he call them up up than decided to make AF and got Permission from Akira Toriyama to do it but in japanese first

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:57 pm

What an incredibly long (and bullshit-laced) sentence.
Where's the beef?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: dbaf

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:05 pm

cvongi wrote:they seen me the first 2 eps it was hot and company names was Animation Developement and by the first 2 week of jan this jan they will have clips ofon the site and they are not the created of AF it was a fan spread around and a student was writing a story about it and his vice princible read and had a friend that has his own studio coming up in and he call them up up than decided to make AF and got Permission from Akira Toriyama to do it but in japanese first
OMG!!!
MY DAD NOES TORYAMA NOT j00!!

...Makankôsappô!!!
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Heritic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Heritic » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:14 pm

cvongi wrote:they seen me the first 2 eps it was hot and company names was Animation Developement and by the first 2 week of jan this jan they will have clips ofon the site and they are not the created of AF it was a fan spread around and a student was writing a story about it and his vice princible read and had a friend that has his own studio coming up in and he call them up up than decided to make AF and got Permission from Akira Toriyama to do it but in japanese first
Um...wait is this supposed to be a joke? I mean no one can type like that unless they're joking.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:17 pm

I'm wondering the same thing.

Also, did this cvongi person copy-and-paste that from the above site, or are they... *gasp*... actually writing like that on my forum...? If so, I see severe problems coming... >.>
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:41 am

Man, I businesses are so going downhill lately. Especially when their representatives cannot spell, use proper captitalization, or punctuation.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:50 am

Hm, let's try running this through the FanBoy translator:

"I watched the first two episodes [of AF] and it was hot. It was animated by Animation Development, and within the first two weeks of January they will have clips [of the show] on their website, however they did not create AF, but is the work of a fan, who wrote it in school. The story was read by his principle, who gave it to his friend who owned his own [animation] studio in-the-works. He called the studio up, and they decided to make it with Akira Toriyama's permission, as long as it was made in Japan first."

You know, it's even sader when you actually understand what he's trying to say.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:36 am

The story was read by his principle
[nitpick]principal[/nitpick]
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:59 am

OMG I actually made out what he was saying!!
"Until we meet again guys!"-Goku

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:53 pm

I know what everyone is thinking: "Why people are going to such great lengths, as spending weeks on fake-ass episdoe summaries, to prove AF's existence?"

Well, this is what is going on through their minds: "If we can hype this up as hard as we can and for as long as possible, then maybe someone from Toei may make our dream come true."

That's right. Some genius from Toei may come across all of this AF shit and get a "good" idea. It's like a petition that has webpages as signatures.