Announcement: New Word Censor

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Announcement: New Word Censor

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:06 pm

Just to be an elitist dick, I've censored the word "F r i e z a" (without spaces, of course) from use on the forum; if you try to use it, it will be changed to to "Freeza."

I laugh.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:26 pm

*blink* I think you made a type-o, Mike.

MajinBijiita

Post by MajinBijiita » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:29 pm

Yea, typo...and it didn't even make sence...Freeza to...Freeza?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:30 pm

Haha. I'm a dumbass. It censored the word I was talking about censoring :P. Updated first post.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:47 pm

Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza Fr i eza

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:10 pm

Frieza.

Well, dang it. It worked.

Say, while you're at it, censor ''Furiiza'' too. And ''Seru''. And ''Gokou''. And...

Should I make a list?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:49 pm

Haha. that's great. There's all these sites with a no censor bypassing rule, but I don't think anyone (aside from Gen) is actually going to spell it wrong AND with a space in the middle of the word just to have it like Frieza. Err, Fri eza, consdering I have a point to be made clear.

kanjano

Post by kanjano » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:51 pm

...why? because of that guy from the other forum?

frieza
One day, i will find redemption...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:46 pm

It really is a totally inaccurate romanization. Not only do you lose the intended pun, but with a spelling like that, the word actually should be pronounced "Frii-za" with that spelling.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:25 am

lol! Now that is making good use of the censor options. Like Dai said, you should do the same with 'Gok ou' and 'Se ru'. Those annoy me to no end...

EDIT: Spaces added to illustrate new word censors. Thanks Mike! :D
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:48 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:lol! Now that is making good use of the censor options. Like Dai said, you should do the same with 'Gokou' and 'Seru'. Those annoy me to no end...
Hehehe... done. Note how all your quotes are changed, now :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:56 am

I was going to ask what sort of problem you had with "Cell" and "Goku", but obviously Mike's magic manipulating board of goodness has already got to them.

Hmm, let's see what they originally were.

"Seru" (S e r u)
"Gokou" (G o k o u)
"Gokuu" (G o k u u)
"Buruma" (B u r u m a) (just because it would annoy Amy)
"Bejita" (B e j i t a)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:16 pm

PsyLiam wrote:I was going to ask what sort of problem you had with "Cell" and "Goku", but obviously Mike's magic manipulating board of goodness has already got to them.

Hmm, let's see what they originally were.

"Cell" (S e r u)
"Goku" (G o k o u)
"Gokuu" (G o k u u)
"Buruma" (B u r u m a) (just because it would annoy Amy)
"Bejita" (B e j i t a)
To Liam: Well, now I'm not gonna let you play with my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime figure! Nyaaah, nyaaah! ANNNNDDDD!-KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI KASUMI! ANNNNNNNDDDDDDD! SUUUUPPPPPAAAAA SSSSSAAAAAIIIIIIYYYYYYAAAAJJJIIIINNNN! :P

SaiyaJedi

Re: Announcement: New Word Censor

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:54 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Just to be an elistist dick, I've censored the word "F r i e z a" (without spaces, of course) from use on the forum; if you try to use it, it will be changed to to "Freeza."

I laugh.
That's cool... what I'd also like to see is the name "H e r c u l e" (and also its frequent misspelling "H u r c u l e") changed to "Mr. Satan" automatically. You have no idea how much that name annoys me. :x

Additionally, any odd spelling of the name "Kuririn" (e.g. "K l y l i n," "K r i l l i a n," "K u r u r r i n," etc.), I'd like to see change to the regular spelling. "Krillin" is ...eh... okay, but I'd like to see anything else go straight to "Kuririn." :? (You might want to do some searches and see what bizarre spellings you can come up with... it gets mutilated frequently.)

And finally, I've noticed that there's two spellings of "Freeza" you haven't caught: "F u r i z a" and "F r e e z e r." Just so's you know. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:58 pm

Hey, the name Feezer's not bad. It's technically more into the cold theme than Freeza. (Plus, one of the people I respect uses that name)

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:46 pm

What about changing "Android" to "Jinzoningen" or "Artificial Human"?

It's not like people are going to discuss androids here.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:58 pm

Except ''Android'' is easier to type. Don't expect me to constantly say ''Artificial Human Numero 18'' every time I want to refer to her.

Thank you so much, EX! For some reason, the use of ''S e r u'' irritates me exceptionally.

ALL WHO TYPE LIKE THAT MUST DIE.

Oh, Jello!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:10 pm

Can you change "Jello" into "Jelly", too?

I agree with Dai. Artificial Human/Jinzoningen might be more accurate, but they are pains in the arse to type. It also means that it'd be hard correcting people who don't understand that #17 and #18 aren't androids. Not to mention that #8, #16 and #19 are androids.

I'd also suggest keeping "Hercule" since again it's a name that's often used in conversations about differences made to the dub, it's use in "Gokule", and other situations. (Which is different from "S e r u", which is an anime-otaku-snob thing).

Do "Bejita" though. And that bizaire spelling of Videl that I can't remember.

And Amy...surely you mean "Convoy"?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:34 pm

Yes, yes, fine Mr. "Picky"(yes, I'm calling you that now!) Convoy!

And that bizarre spelling is "Bideru" for Videl by the way. Heh, I remember on my fansub for movie 13 it was actually spelled out as "Biideru". They actually managed to make it even more obnoxious than it already was! Nimrods! Then again, that's Anime Labs for you. :?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:20 am

PsyLiam wrote:Can you change "Jello" into "Jelly", too?
That would really confuse things, as "jelly" is something else entirely in the US.