Van Hellsing movie

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Van Hellsing movie

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:04 pm

Just got off the phone with my friend who's freaking out that Hugh Jackmann is starring as Alucard in the "live action Hellsing movie". In case you're also freaking cuz you saw the trailer too, there is NO live action Hellsing movie!

Van Hellsing (notice the "VAN") is about the demon-slayer (Vampire Hunter mainly), Van Hellsing, from all the Dracula related books. The Hellsing manga was just HEAVILY influenced by these books as well. Note that Alucard is a psycho-assed Vampire in the manga. Van Hellsing is supposed to be human. Also, the movie takes place in the 1700 or 1800s, whereas the manga takes place in the present/NEAR future.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 pm

I'm sure the movie will be pretty good, but you can't compare it to how much fun it is to watch that certifiably wicked Alucard in the anime! Want more Hellsing made!!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:12 pm

I saw the trailer on Access Hollywood Thursday. It's gonna be bigger than the Blade movies at least. Probably at least as good as Underworld. Speaking of which, has anybody heard if the rumor that there won't be a sequel anymore is true or not?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:18 pm

I think that rumour might be true actually, but I'm not 100% sure. Anybody else?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:29 pm

The reason why I was asking is because supposedly (don't kill me for spoilers since it's all rumor) the comic, based on the first movie, is ongoing after the first movie ended and supposedly they don't want to kill off Marcus, the main villain of movie 2, where supposedly they DO in the movie.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:32 pm

Ya but even if that is true, does it really have to matter I wonder? I mean, they don't have to follow the movies exactly. Hey they've already been different since the comic goes past the movie.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Van Hellsing movie

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:35 pm

Dayspring wrote:Van Hellsing (notice the "VAN") is about the demon-slayer (Vampire Hunter mainly), Van Hellsing, from all the Dracula related books. The Hellsing manga was just HEAVILY influenced by these books as well. Note that Alucard is a psycho-assed Vampire in the manga. Van Hellsing is supposed to be human. Also, the movie takes place in the 1700 or 1800s, whereas the manga takes place in the present/NEAR future.
That's all well and good, but...

Please note that although the title of the manga/anime is Hellsing, the correct spelling of the character's name (as well as the movie) is "Van Helsing."

Just so you know. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:51 pm

That's right. I forgot. Well you know, I find when it comes to English spelling, (well in this case it's not an English name, but you know what I mean), the Japanese don't really seem to care how it ends up looking. As long as it fits in with their language or at least it looks good anyway. They just really seem to love using English words!
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:18 pm

That's cool. So maybe there's more to these rumors about Sammy getting back with the rest of the band than just hot air. I know a lot of people like Diamond Dave as the front man better, but I think they're both good in their own ways. But then hey, I even liked Gary when he was around. :wink:

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:48 am

O_O I don't think you are talking about me.. but thanks.. LOL!
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:45 pm

Please note that although the title of the manga/anime is Hellsing, the correct spelling of the character's name (as well as the movie) is "Van Helsing."
Spoiler time then! Van in the movie is a married human going after Dracula. On the way to D's castle he meets up with a wolfman and other demons to kill.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:24 pm

Gary wrote:
Daimao wrote:That's cool. So maybe there's more to these rumors about Sammy getting back with the rest of the band than just hot air. I know a lot of people like Diamond Dave as the front man better, but I think they're both good in their own ways. But then hey, I even liked Gary when he was around. :wink:
O_O I don't think you are talking about me.. but thanks.. LOL!
He's (jokingly) confusing "Van Helsing" and "Van Halen." He's not directly making fun of your handle; it's just that Gary what's-his-face was their lead singer for a while.

Just so's you know. :D
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:16 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote: He's (jokingly) confusing "Van Helsing" and "Van Halen." He's not directly making fun of your handle; it's just that Gary what's-his-face was their lead singer for a while.

Just so's you know. :D
Heh. Glad someone finally got it.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:08 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Spoiler time then! Van in the movie is a married human going after Dracula. On the way to D's castle he meets up with a wolfman and other demons to kill.
Sounds vaguely familiar....

And concerning underworld, it would not take much to top such irritating slash fanfiction crap. And stuff