Disable Non-Member Replies?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Lunaar
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 am
Location: Northern VA
Contact:

Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello, all! So lets say you're a dummy and didn't log in this morning (like me) before seeing a topic that looks juicy enough to pour some critique into. You spend an hour (like me) writing a very nice, very informative response that highlights all the points discussed, carefully rewriting for clarity and ensuring general ease of reading through paragraphs of content. Awesome! I just know everyone will love reading a wall of text! :lolno:

Except they will not get to read the wall of text. When you click the "Submit" button, the pit of your stomach contorts at the sight of the "Log In" screen appearing before you. So you log in. The reply page has now refreshed entirely, with all of your text gone.

ALRIGHT so this is absolutely my fault. I should have logged on, I should have saved drafts, I should have wrote my novel down via notepad before posting, etc etc - I understand. This was really just to paint a picture of the anguish I experienced just now. What I would like to address is the purpose of allowing the "Post Reply" button to function properly until the moment you click "Submit". Fixing this and short-cutting the link straight to the "Log In" page would eliminate a lot of heartache for those of us that are less... forward-thinking in our endeavors to contribute.

If this is not something that can be changed due to the nature of how the boards are constructed, then I am truly a sad puppy and will try to be better about my habits in the future. I merely wanted to make this known to the staff and hopefully improve the user experience, even if it's a minor issue. Thanks.
[spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:This episode was truly the greatest thing ever. Fuck power scaling. Fuck consistency. Future Trunks manages to do more damage and kill an immortal God with a genki dama sword while SSJB Vegetto can't get the job done. Amazing. Never change Dragon Ball. You're truly one of a kind.
ABED wrote:Canon penis and filler penis :shock:
[/spoiler]
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:08 am

I don't understand.. When you press "post reply", it shows you the log in screen automatically if you're not logged in

Dbzfan94
I Live Here
Posts: 4551
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 am

Agreed with mute proxy. As soon as you click reply it makes you log in.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12134
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am

Oh, did it not return for you when you hit the back button? It sometimes does for me.
•Julie | She/Her | Pansexual & Transgender | Queer | Democratic Socialist
•Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter)

Dbzfan94
I Live Here
Posts: 4551
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am

JulieYBM wrote:Oh, did it not return for you when you hit the back button? It sometimes does for me.
It does for me as well.

User avatar
Lunaar
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 am
Location: Northern VA
Contact:

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Lunaar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

After seeing your responses, I tested it out and sure enough - yeah, it does take me straight to the log in page.... which must mean that I must have timed out during the response writing... and I ruined it by not clicking "back." That is an e x t r a s p i c y bummer. :oops: Topic can be locked, then. This just ended up being a public display of my own salt.
[spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:This episode was truly the greatest thing ever. Fuck power scaling. Fuck consistency. Future Trunks manages to do more damage and kill an immortal God with a genki dama sword while SSJB Vegetto can't get the job done. Amazing. Never change Dragon Ball. You're truly one of a kind.
ABED wrote:Canon penis and filler penis :shock:
[/spoiler]
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:59 pm

It happens to me time to time even though I am logged on, just today took me 10 mins for a simple reply 'cuz I kept getting that login comment you mentioned even though I literally just logged in and clicked remember me.

Side note: Some forums I visit automatically save drafts for you, I wonder if this is something that can be implanted here would be rather useful.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: stillwater

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm

One time I got logged out well writing a comment, so maybe that happened to you ? Also for some reason on my phone, pressing back restores the post, but on my laptop it doesn't.
never get to hold you by carly rae jepsen

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:One time I got logged out well writing a comment, so maybe that happened to you ? Also for some reason on my phone, pressing back restores the post, but on my laptop it doesn't.
It is the exact opposite for me, ha. When I ever I go back on my laptop the post is intact but whenever I do on my phone it is gone.

User avatar
Lunaar
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 am
Location: Northern VA
Contact:

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Lunaar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:One time I got logged out well writing a comment, so maybe that happened to you ? Also for some reason on my phone, pressing back restores the post, but on my laptop it doesn't.
It is the exact opposite for me, ha. When I ever I go back on my laptop the post is intact but whenever I do on my phone it is gone.
Interesting. I was on a desktop PC when it happened.
[spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:This episode was truly the greatest thing ever. Fuck power scaling. Fuck consistency. Future Trunks manages to do more damage and kill an immortal God with a genki dama sword while SSJB Vegetto can't get the job done. Amazing. Never change Dragon Ball. You're truly one of a kind.
ABED wrote:Canon penis and filler penis :shock:
[/spoiler]
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Post Reply