The Wall of Bans

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Deus ex Machina
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1917
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:47 am

The Wall of Bans

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:24 am

In just the short time since its opening, the DaizEX message board has already attracted a closely knit community of intelligent, litterate, and often nutty DBZ fans. While many of us here can talk and debate civilly, their's always a few that slip through who simply cannot follow the rules, and have thus found themselves a spot on the banned list. Here you can find their story, and learn from their mistakes, and have a good laugh at their expense too!


~* We Are Richer For Having Lost Them *~

*

gohan_rules
Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Total Posts: 8
Banned: 22 Jan 2004

Reason for Ban: After being officially reprimanded for extremely poor writing and racist comments ( to Sun_Wukong: "Are you some kind of Jap?"), he responded by attempting to quote his warning (and failed), then added a juvenile, (and once again) poorly written insult.

Quote: "YOU ARE A COCK
is that good inuff?"

EX: "This is my territory. You're acting like a 12 year old (maybe you are 12?). You're not following the rules. Thus, you are banned. Goodbye!"

*

rubeboi
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Total Posts: 6
Banned: 29 Jan 2004

Reason for Ban: Aside from atrocious spelling and grammar, he was probably "gohan_rules", a member who was already banned previously.

Quote: "please dnt take piss cos i'm dyslexic thanx for time bye!!!!!!!"

EX:"You've got four posts with grammar that causes me to think a random monkey from the New York Zoo escaped and is holding a four year old hostage at the keyboard. That's grounds enough for banning, anyway, nevermind the other stuff..."

*

Jr. Goku
Joined: 02 April 2004
Total Posts: 1
Banned: 02 April 2004 (13 Minutes Later)

Reason for Ban: Coming to the forum off of the "DragonBall AF prank, "Jr. Goku" decided that this was a perfect opportunity to diss a "stupid site" for pulling a prank that's "been done before." Deciding that pissing off the site's webmasters in his first post wasn't enough, however, he decided to let his bigoted side show, drawing a (completely irrelevant) connection between the staff of Daizenshuu EX and the war in Iraq. Because as we all know, Mike and Julian are both high-ranking officials in the Bush administration. :roll: He was thus banned forthwith from the premises.

Quote: "These people like you from Stupid/Dopey foreign countries like America piss me off. I HOPE IRAQ BLOW YOU UP!!"

EX: "I'll pass that along to all the families of victims from 9/11 in New York, and the recent tragedy in Madrid."
(Okay, so it wasn't completely topical to what the guy said, but the point was that "Jr. Goku" was being an insensitive prick with no understanding of the distinction between governments and the people who live under them. We call that grounds for disqualification from existence.)

*

Broly
Joined: 18 April 2004
Total Posts: 2
Banned: 22 April 2004

Reason for Ban: Although warned for poor spelling and grammar, an over-sized avatar, and a sig picture (and all in his first post too!), the final straw was when he replied to critics in a barrage of derogatory insults and slurs.

Quote: *Nothing I'd care to repeat*

EX:"Swiiiiiing, battah battah battah...

Aaaaaaand he misses. He's outta here~"

*

*King Hypocrite Award* *Dishonest Webmaster Award* *Subversive Use of Linguistic/National Sentiment Award*

Kami Sama
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Total Posts: 14
Banned: 7 May 2004

Reason for Ban: Ironically, this time the user's conduct on the forum had less to do with his ban than his off-forum activities.

A Brazilian webmaster of another established Dragonball website, he had been plagiarizing and leeching off the hard wok of the DaizEX team, taking lots of scanned images (including the new Kanzeban ending and cover scans), and presenting them on his site without so much as a word of reference to where he had taken them from. Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing problem from the first day a fan placed his own Dragonball content online, only to have it stolen by lazy and immoral "wannabe" webmasters.

The DaizEX staff first approached him about this on a thread, and although he would admit to doing nothing wrong the thread was later locked once EX had heard enough.

Not much later after that, it was obvious they hadn't gotten the message as more of the site's content began popping up (i.e.Portuguese translations of Julian's English translations). In true dignified manner, EX's response was to call attention to what they were doing by placing a statement on his front page news, but once again exercising proper web etiquette, he didn't name names, or post URLs. One would think that this would have been the end, but sadly it got even worse.

With "Kami-Sama's" non-existent integrity apparently insulted, his response was to place a long-winded article on his webpage, defending his rights to steal anything he wished, while slandering the webmasters of DaizEX, not to mention starting a vain attempt to use nationality to rally supporters to his already flimsy defence. To top it all off, the entire article was written in his native Portuguese, probably in the hopes that it wouldn't be found.

The article was then pasted into a post on this forum so that it might be translated, since Kami didn't seem to find it necessary to let them know exactly what it was he was slandering and insulting them with; and true to his nature, he popped up once again in the forum to defend his rights to plagiarize simply because DaizEX did not own the copyrights to the material (Let's not even get into intellectual property rights). Quite frankly, the only reason he stayed as long as he did was that EX was asleep at the time of his rant.

To the overwhelimg relief and consensus of the entire forum, Kami was confronted by VegettoEX and was destroyed by his "Big Ban Attack" immediately upon his return. As to whether any fans of Kami Sama's site (which wont be linked; no hits for you, leech) will accept his version of events remains unseen, but one needs only to compare the conduct and integrity of each party involved to see who was really the one at fault.

Quote:Before laugh ou think it's a joke of something, know what is written. the people here don't know well the own language, and what about a "primitive" like portuguese.
Before laugh about a text in arabian. Laugh to pass knowledge to not pass ignorance.

Deus: Believe me people, I'm not making this up!

EX:"Bhlergh, doesn't you know how to speak english? Presume you are that everyone speak language origin country of from. This, while American tributed to generally, comes from seems to every country other world in. I am, indeed, "Heart Sick" of reading english bad speaking of. Better learn translate and, than laugh about writing of to leeches."

*

chronofanatic4282
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Total Posts: 31
Banned: 24 Jun 2004

Reason for Ban: While some of this users ideas were well thought out and intelligent, he had a real problem with proper typing/grammar, and an even worse time listening to directions to clean up his spelling. Of course, arguing and throwing sarcastic remarks at the webmasters didn't help either.

Even more amusing than this brief clash, was that the very same day of his temp banning (which may now have been upgraded to a full ban) he rejoined the forum under the name "Guitar Rock" and responded to himself as if he wasn't the same person. (A little tip my friends, Webmasters have special powers, and the ability to track IP addresses ;)). As if he haden't made the truth painfully obvious enough, he placed the text "Chrono Trigger was, is, and will be still, the best game ever!" in his signature. And even now I'm fairly sure he pulled his trick again, as another Chrono themed name showed up not long afterwards, but didn't post.

Quote:"yea i'm running...but right in front of me is VegettoEX himself! Whats that he's carrying?? Its a dictionary and a spellcheck PDA!"

EX:"You are a guest on my forum. You follow my rules on my forum. I respect the wishes of every maintainer whose board I post on. They don't want links to MP3s? I don't link to MP3s. They don't want large images in signatures? I don't put large images in their signatures."

*

vegetaSS3
Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Total Posts: 6
Banned: 29 Jul 2004

Reason for Ban: Plain and simple, his spelling and grammar just sucked, and obviously had very little to no effort (or thought) put into his posts, with a little necro posting on the side.

Quote: They are the best ,smal,l fast, most punch over head ,they have acid and they explode (Note: This made absolutely no sense at all in the thread he posted it)

EX: I'm banning "vegetaSS3." Six posts, none of them with even a hint of desire to type properly. Tsk, tsk... *shakes finger*... I don't think so. Seems to be an utter moron, in addition to the above.

Deus' 2 cents: This is the first ban under the forums new rules restriction, basically that multiple infractions on the rules can, and will result in a ban without warning and notice. Personally, I can fully agree with this since every person ever banned was done so atleast partially due to terrible spelling and grammar. There's no more excuse for it people; get a spell checker, put some thought into your posts, or just don't bother coming here.

*
bardock
Joined: 22 August 2004
Total Posts: 6
Banned: 24 August 2004

Reason for Ban: At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Bardock simply couldn't type properly to save his life. Despite several attempts by moderators and forum regulars to encourage him to improve his conduct, he simply refused all advice and felt he was being personally attacked, and "decided" to leave. As a going away present, he was banned, so he wouldn't be tempted to change his mind.
(NOTE: He actually PM'd VegettoEX after joining, asking to be made a moderator!)

EX: This is retarded. Not only did I keep informing you of the rules, but you even PMed me and asked... TO BE A MODERATOR?! What freakin' planet are you living on?!

Banned, banned, banned. A 16-year-old should have a little more common sense than this.

And for the record, Xyex and SpiritBomb have also posted from this IP address. If you guys are fucking with me, I'll ban the lot of you >.>

Deus' 2 Cents: I think the pressure has finally got to EX, now that he's seeing conspiracies. Although if I had to deal with so many illiterate people, I'd probably begin thinking it was some horrible joke too. :lol:


VegitoEX
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Total Posts: 5
Banned: 24 Pending

Reason for Ban: Where to begin? VegitoEX pretended (very poorly) to be the Webmaster, VegettoEX, but gave himself away in a number of obvious ways. Typing with spelling and grammer with the amount of intelligence of a retarded chimp, he attempted to refute the real EX's statement on the fraudulent "Budokai 3 Announcement" from a german site. But it was the equally loud and obnoxious Broli signature that sealed the deal.

Quote:deus ur banned, sorry

me and julian are tight negroes and we make u beg at ur knees Smile Smile

btw i act diff cause i feel change in wind (and cus my expnsive spell checker is broken lol)

EX: Pending


~*(dis)Honourable Mentions*~

sangofe
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Total Posts: 53
Status: Temp Banned 18 Feb 2004 to 25 Feb 2004

Reason for Temp. Ban: After a run of 'questionable' forum conduct, he felt he was being accused of video piracy, and replied with an angry outburst. Although to his credit, he managed to keep it somewhat civil, without resorting to name calling or cussing, which probably saved him from being banned outright.

Quote: "You should apoligize to me for coming with accuses like these!
NO!!!"

EX:"Don't piss YOU off? Oh please. I'm putting you on a temporary ban for a week. Someone better remind me on the 25th, because I'm sure to forget from lack of caring in the least."

*

anime.freak
Joined: 6 May 2004
Total Posts: 5
Status: Temp Banned 6 May 2004 to Present

Reason for Temp. Ban: See EX quote below, couldn't have said it any better. :)

Quote: "if af is fake then y was it going on like 4 years be for daizex made this"

EX: "Temporarily banned (for changing avatar to an even more ridiculously huge avatar after being told not to and having it removed, and for the grammar of a three year old). I'll decide when I feel like removing this ban."

Deus: I say we let him back as soon as Toriyama officially announces that AF is real. ;)

*

Omarion
Joined: 15 April 2004
Total Posts: 22
Status: Temp Banned 13 May 2004 to Present

Reason for Temp. Ban: Was warned and given many chances to improve his conduct after opening a 'off-topic' thread in the general section, then continued to reply in it after being reprimanded until the thread was locked. He was also probably "JakeZ04," who, although not banned, posted in the exact same style and was warned for the same violations of conduct. Obviously he did not follow suggestions to re-read the forum rules, as he then began stirring up arguments in other threads (for example, claiming to be Japanese even though he obviously wasn't), only to erase his posts' content later to avoid being banned. Guess what, it didn't work.

Quote: "Man its funny how if you say something everyone hates on it. So I am just going to erase my other post so you guys could leave me alone. Also to save me a few more post on this subject too."

EX: "For editing your own posts entirely to remove potentially incriminating material, you're being placed on a temporary ban until I feel like removing it, which is potentially never. But whatever.

ZING.

I'm so fucking sick of having to ban idiots. If you can't be a normal person that types properly without being a total moron, don't post here."

*

freeza frost
Joined: 19 June 2004
Total Posts: 3
Status: Temp Banned 20 June 2004 to 27

Reason for Temp. Ban: For his first post he jumped into a discussion over Budokai 2 (specifically, the character Kuriza), misinformed at the time he believed that everyone was talking about Freeza and tried to correct them. When explained to about Kuriza, he became defensive and obnoxious, changing his argument to say that Kuriza wasn't real despite being a parody, which wasn't even the subject. (Oh yeah, add in the grammar of a monkey on ritalin)

Quote: "if it a porody, even if it's done by toriyama, i con't consider it canon. who's freeza's wife?"

EX: "I don't care what you consider canon. Your argument was that he didn't even exist, and that we were all wrong... when in actuality, of course we know what the Hell we're talking about."

* * *

There you have it, I hope you enjoyed this look back on those who are no longer with us. And if EX doesn't mind I'll keep this list up to date in the future. :D
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:07 am, edited 15 times in total.

User avatar
B-kun
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: Backwater Town in a Backwater State
Contact:

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:16 am

Heh, very nice. You probably should've also used Zacko's "Yeah.. that's good enough" or something, but yeah.


Broly should get a prize for being most amusing ban. Especially since we KNEW he was going to get banned, even if it was a bit mean. It didn't help he had to get pissy and prove us all right. Oddly enough, I foresaw EX's baseball terminology an hour before he used it. O.o

Fun times, man. =_=

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16596
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:48 am

I guess it's time to un-ban sangofe.

Fantastic post. Feel free to update it as necessary.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
B-kun
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: Backwater Town in a Backwater State
Contact:

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:41 am

Y'know. o.o Maybe this thread should be stickied. It sorta serves a purpose of showing people what NOT to do if they wish to stay on the board and it'll be updated everytime someone's booted. How will people see said updates if this thread's pushed waay back?

By the way, Deus, I found another you missed. Jr. Goku only posted once and was banned immediately. Hold on and I'll get the link.

EDIT: http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... ight=#7966

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16596
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:00 pm

Agreed. Done!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:17 am

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:46 pm

Haha, that just owns. Nice, Deus. What was it I was talking about, B-kun? I have to memory of a dead elephant (not a live one, mind you) so I don't know what you're mentioning.

Great, this will encourage people to make more witty comebacks to trash like "I HOPE IRAQ BLOW YOU UP" and such shitty messages.

If I lose it and get warned, don't expect me to swear in bolded all-caps at VegEX and his family. This shit is permanent. I hope any other respected person on this board feels the same way.

User avatar
B-kun
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: Backwater Town in a Backwater State
Contact:

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:49 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Haha, that just owns. Nice, Deus. What was it I was talking about, B-kun? I have to memory of a dead elephant (not a live one, mind you) so I don't know what you're mentioning.
After Mike warned gohan_rules a second time, GR called him a cock and asked if it was "good inuff". Then you said "Yeah... Yeah, that's enough" or something like that... I'm running on pure caffeine so my memory's not that good at the moment.

Zackarotto
I Live Here
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:17 am

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:09 pm

Well, your memory is obviously "good inuff" if you can remember that. Assuming "better than mine" is "good inuff". But that's like saying better than 3% is a good enough grade.

Thanks.

User avatar
SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:56 pm

Hope you don't mind, Deus, but I added "Jr. Goku" to your list of the damned... I mean, banned. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

User avatar
Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:22 pm

Very nice indeed Deus! I think too it might be a good idea to give them award titles, such as Goku Jr. getting the title "Biggest Insensitive Bigot Ban Award", Broly getting "Most Lousy At Playing Nicely With Others Award", and so on. I was also thinking Deus maybe you should also mention that gohan_rules also was insulting to others such as when he asked what the deal was with Sun_Wukong's name, that was he "a Jap or something?" Just suggestions, you don't have to take them. Anyway, great read! 8)
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

User avatar
Deus ex Machina
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1917
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:47 am

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:34 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Hope you don't mind, Deus, but I added "Jr. Goku" to your list of the damned... I mean, banned. :)
lol, thanks for adding that, I completly forgot about him. I think he holds the record for fastest ban ever. I'm glad you all liked. :D
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:56 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by SpiritBomb » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:11 pm

*stands up and applauds* Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! This was so fun to read and I'm glad its a sticky now! Great job! Makes me feel more secure in this place knowing that we take down all the idiots, jerks and racists!

BRAVO! *cheers and whistles*
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Zackarotto
I Live Here
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:17 am

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:50 pm

Awards might be cool, but they'd only come once every long while. Of course, we don't want to encourage them...

User avatar
Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:57 am

Post by Alias » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:19 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Of course, we don't want to encourage them...
Why not? They provide amusement and they give us something to rant about and always be right. On a similar note, wasn't it in VegEX's farewell message a long time ago that he thanked Funi for giving him something to bitch about and always be right? That line has always stuck in my head...

All we have to do is lure a few of them over from other anime forums... We could post something like "Join our forums and get access to full epz and moviez!"

User avatar
Mochi
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:46 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Post by Mochi » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm

This is great! ^_^ *hands Deus a giant lolipop*
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Post by Dayspring » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:35 pm

I actually disagree with making this post a sticky. 10 year olds are just going to be tempted to make an ass of themselves all over the boards in attempt to make the wall of ban. It's just like idiots trying to make the old "mailbags". You've matured past the mailbags, so why go back a step and introduce it in the one place where you don't want to be spammed with immaturity? That being said: nya! This was a great thread! :D Just don't make it sticky!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16596
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:38 pm

Eh, we'll see how it goes. If I start seeing an influx of nonsense, I'll get rid of it. I guess I just have a lot of faith in people, since I think actual examples of stupidity could help inform people of how we expect them NOT to act on the forum, and that we're honestly a different breed of forums.

Eh, we'll see how it goes ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
PsyLiam
I Live Here
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:13 pm
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:45 pm

Eh, okay.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16596
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:45 pm

Eh, shuddap :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
B-kun
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: Backwater Town in a Backwater State
Contact:

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:51 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Eh, shuddap :P.
Is Liam the only person you say that to?

Locked