Can we have a site grievances thread?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GokuDaimao
Not-So-Newbie

Can we have a site grievances thread?

Post by GokuDaimao » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:58 am

I believe that constructive criticism can help anyone or anything improve.

I feel as though if we had somewhere to go to say when we found something unjust or even suggestions to make the site better, all in a respectful and concise manner, we could all benefit from it.

It also helps get the edge off when we can get what's bothering us off our chests.

Just throwing my hat in the ring.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Can we have a site grievances thread?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 am

honestly i'd be down for my community stuff in general on the forums, though i would probably prefer the more positive variety. there was a pretty great thread in this section from a few years ago that was like say something good about the user above you. i like stuff like that, i think it helps a community grow and gives people stronger reasons to keep coming back to the site.

for then record, i don't mean a off topic section. i don't think it should have one and there really isn't a need for one.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 pm

Isn't this section for constructive criticism of the site?

As for members, it won't happen. The admins have been against badmouthing and criticising other members on this site. If someone is causing trouble, it is best to just report them.

Even if they weren't, a forum I used to frequent tried a "Complain about members" thread which turned into an absolute shitshow, and basically destroyed the community until the forums eventual closure.

GokuDaimao
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuDaimao » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:13 am

Ringworm128 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 pm Isn't this section for constructive criticism of the site?

As for members, it won't happen. The admins have been against badmouthing and criticising other members on this site. If someone is causing trouble, it is best to just report them.

Even if they weren't, a forum I used to frequent tried a "Complain about members" thread which turned into an absolute shitshow, and basically destroyed the community until the forums eventual closure.
I wholeheartedly agree. If anyone was to post about an incident involving the forum, I'd suggest that they don't point fingers or name names, simply state what their problem was with the site in general.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:26 am

There is an existing "General Website Goofs/Errors" (stickied!) thread for items readers believe to be mistakes or even just minor typos on the website-proper. This has been on-going for a while and is always read and appreciated.

If you feel that you find a post by another forum user does not live up to the community standards, use the built-in functionality to report it; there is a little button with each and every post. While the team does read every single report, moderation/administration of another user's account does not necessarily need to be openly discussed.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::