Unavailable/Broken Podcasts in Feed

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Unavailable/Broken Podcasts in Feed

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 pm

I know one of these may have been possibly raised here by other members on this section of the site before, but apparently the Daizenshuu EX Secret Wedding episode from 2008 and the Big Green Podcast episode of which i did previously listen to both quite a ways back many moons ago are not available to download or even just listen to though they actually do appear on the feed in my computer's podcast player. Does anyone know why that is? Just curious because it definitely seems like something is going on there.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Unavailable/Broken Podcasts in Feed

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:48 pm

Simiarly, I was looking to give this episode a listen, but while there's an extensive description, I don't see a play button, or any other kind of audio embed (tested on Firefox and Chrome). Friend of mine, KBABZ, confirmed he's having a similar issue.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:21 pm

We had to disable the CMS's podcast extension (which provided some of those links automatically) as it was overwriting the URL to the podcast page itself with the feed.

Most recent episodes have manually-inserted buttons for things like the MP3 download, RSS feed, YouTube, Spotify, etc. in their formal website postings. For those that don't, for now, search out the respective forum thread where you will find download links (here's 249), or just use the feed via your preferred podcast program (iTunes, Google, Overcast, Spotify, etc.) and just scroll through. Every single episode that we've ever produced is listed in the feed, always has been, and always will be there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:21 pm We had to disable the CMS's podcast extension (which provided some of those links automatically) as it was overwriting the URL to the podcast page itself with the feed.

Most recent episodes have manually-inserted buttons for things like the MP3 download, RSS feed, YouTube, Spotify, etc. in their formal website postings. For those that don't, for now, search out the respective forum thread where you will find download links (here's 249), or just use the feed via your preferred podcast program (iTunes, Google, Overcast, Spotify, etc.) and just scroll through. Every single episode that we've ever produced is listed in the feed, always has been, and always will be there.
Oh, I see. Thank you very much. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:37 pm

I just checked again and the Secret Wedding Podcast's MP3 download button on respective forum page indeed doesn't work, as i saw in a similar thing about this it was previously linked through Kanzentai and not ported over after the sites' merging and relaunch.

Both on this and the Big Green episode when i try to play it on my Podcasts app all it says is "This episode is temporarily unavailable."
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)