What happened to the 'Animation Styles' page & can we bring it back?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kibasennin

What happened to the 'Animation Styles' page & can we bring it back?

Post by kibasennin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:37 am

The title says it all. I was looking for the animation styles page (where differences between all the animator's drawing styles were illustrated) and I found a newly revamped animation section. Which is great, but that specific bit of content and information has disappeared, or if it hasn't, I can find it.

Was it deleted? If so, why? Cuz honestly that was my favorite page on the website.

Cheers for the help.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What happened to the 'Animation Styles' page & can we bring it back?

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 am

Yeah, I checked it recently and the specific animator information seemed to have been removed. Though it was a very basic overview.

I am not demanding this from the Kanzenshuu staff, who I'm sure are super busy with life and other things on the site, but in general, I really want a detailed guide to all of the different key animators and their styles, since I still have a hard time telling old-school Hisada from Tate a lot of the time, and I know there's another Key animator at Studio Live who wasn't heavily corrected, as there's another, more angular (but more well drawn than Ebisawa) animator, and I don't know who they are. Anime Ajay started his video analysis on the different animators, but stopped after covering only a few.

I think there are other animators, who were usually heavily corrected, but I don't know anything about the more minor key animators. This is something I'd love to know more about, but the information isn't readily available, and I don't know where to look.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

kibasennin

Post by kibasennin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:01 am

I also liked how the guide delved into the various things like, Uchiyama (I think?) was the artist that people liked the least, Nakatsuru Yamamuro went on to make DBSuper, it was very informative stuff! It wasn't just about the styles but the evolution of the styles themselves. Which I thought was awesome.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 am

I believe they're gone because a lot of them were really wrong and due for an update.

To the best of my knowledge, it's still a WIP, so it'll probably return with accurate representations in the future.

Heath asked me to help out with the guide and I've been spectacularly fucking useless (see: lazy), so I should probably change that at some point.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

kibasennin

Post by kibasennin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Oooooh, okay gotcha. Fair enough. Looking forward to seeing the new version then :)