Main Site Suggestion: "Concurrent Chapter/Episode"

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Main Site Suggestion: "Concurrent Chapter/Episode"

Post by KBABZ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:34 am

I had an idea for a little extra detail to be added to the Chapter pages of Dragon Ball, the Episode pages for DB and Z: a "Concurrent Chapter/Episode" listing on the graph at the top of the page, similar to the "Franchise Timeline" thing on the Movie 7 page.

One of the things I find very fascinating is comparing the dates for things to get a picture of where the franchise was at a specific point during its original run. For example, the Harmony Gold dub aired during the 1989/1990 holiday gap, meaning that at the time the manga was up to Gohan and Krillin fleeing Dodoria and the anime was the Goku/Vegeta beam lock. The idea with the Concurrent Episode listing is to quickly jump to the Episode that aired the same week as the currently viewed Chapter, and vice-versa for Concurrent Chapter.

I also had an idea to have an interactive manga/anime timeline you can scroll through and plug in dates and stuff to see where the two were at on a specific date, and have it embeddable on pages to appear like the Franchise Timeline, but that's a WHOLE OTHER ball of wax and I don't know anybody who could do it.

---

Side-bar: not sure if this is known around here or not, but Tom_Servo let me know what the original airdates were for the Harmony Gold Movie 1+3 dub and their five episodes by cross-checking them with Philadelphia and Detroit newspapers at the time on newspapers.com. The Movie 1+3 was Tuesday December 26th 1989 at 1pm, while the anime episodes aired from January 1st to 5th 1990 at 3pm (aka Monday to Friday), then again from February 5th to 9th at 3:30pm Sunday to Thursday).

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Main Site Suggestion: "Concurrent Chapter/Episode"

Post by Hujio » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:44 pm

I'm totally with you! It's actually something I started years ago, but haven't touched recently. It's definitely on my list of things to work on next though.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Main Site Suggestion: "Concurrent Chapter/Episode"

Post by KBABZ » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Hujio wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:44 pm I'm totally with you! It's actually something I started years ago, but haven't touched recently. It's definitely on my list of things to work on next though.
Awesome, that'd be amazing! : )