Not Being Able To Save Any Edits To My Drafts

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Not Being Able To Save Any Edits To My Drafts

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:11 am

Excuse me, I have a very serious problem with not being able to save any of my edits I would make to any of my drafts and the problem had started as soon as I had tried to do so for this morning.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Not Being Able To Save Any Edits To My Drafts

Post by Hujio » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:45 pm

Did you receive an error message or anything that we can use to help us troubleshoot the issue?
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 pm

Hujio wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:45 pm Did you receive an error message or anything that we can use to help us troubleshoot the issue?
All I can tell you is that when I had went to my User Control Panel and tried to edit one of my Manage Drafts, I was not able to properly save any of the edits I had made for this morning.

As I am not notified about having successfully saved my Draft anymore upon myself trying to save my work through the usual method of doing so.

Also, I believe my current problem has something to do with what happened yesterday, what with who and/or what had caused me to not be able to enter the Kanzenshuu Forums for several hours.

But I have another question to ask regarding me not being able to work on my most recent Saved Drafts, why have the Kanzenshuu Forums been going down every few to several months?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:13 pm

It has been various things, mostly that have been outside of our control. Most recently the issues have been due to our host migrating everything to a new server so they could perform software and hardware updates, which also provided us with a new IP address. I won't go into too much detail, but some unforeseen PHP issues cropped up, authorized database users were restricted because they weren't whitelisted to the new IP address, the firewall wouldn't properly direct traffic to the new IP address, etc. As of right now it appears I've been able to take care of all the issues we were having, so fingers-crossed it should be smoother sailing for a while. Regardless, I hate when they move us around between servers. It always screws something up, guaranteed.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Hujio wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:13 pm It has been various things, mostly that have been outside of our control. Most recently the issues have been due to our host migrating everything to a new server so they could perform software and hardware updates, which also provided us with a new IP address. I won't go into too much detail, but some unforeseen PHP issues cropped up, authorized database users were restricted because they weren't whitelisted to the new IP address, the firewall wouldn't properly direct traffic to the new IP address, etc. As of right now it appears I've been able to take care of all the issues we were having, so fingers-crossed it should be smoother sailing for a while. Regardless, I hate when they move us around between servers. It always screws something up, guaranteed.
I see, but Hujio. Thank you very much for solving my problem.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Hujio wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:13 pm It has been various things, mostly that have been outside of our control. Most recently the issues have been due to our host migrating everything to a new server so they could perform software and hardware updates, which also provided us with a new IP address. I won't go into too much detail, but some unforeseen PHP issues cropped up, authorized database users were restricted because they weren't whitelisted to the new IP address, the firewall wouldn't properly direct traffic to the new IP address, etc. As of right now it appears I've been able to take care of all the issues we were having, so fingers-crossed it should be smoother sailing for a while. Regardless, I hate when they move us around between servers. It always screws something up, guaranteed.
Hujio, I am very sorry for asking for your help again, but I have been having problems with copying what I have in my Drafts. As I no longer can copy and paste a large amount of text anymore and I can only copy a very small amount of text from my Drafts because of the fact that the Copy and Paste Icons and Options just end up disappearing right out of my screen when I would exceed that said text limit.

And I have tried to fix the problem myself by rebooting my Phone and then updating it in order to check if it was my Phone causing the problem itself, but that was not the case at all. As I only have the Copy and Paste Problem happening to me whenever I would enter the Kanzenshuu Forums and this has been going on for around a handful of days now too.