Is there an offtopic section anywhere?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Is there an offtopic section anywhere?

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:10 am

There are some things I'd like to discuss but don't fit into the other areas.
We the ones

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Is there an offtopic section anywhere?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:02 am

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:10 am There are some things I'd like to discuss but don't fit into the other areas.
Nope, and there won't be one.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:02 am
UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:10 am There are some things I'd like to discuss but don't fit into the other areas.
Oh is it cause it'd be too much to moderate?
We the ones

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:34 am

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 am
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:02 am
Oh is it cause it'd be too much to moderate?
The admin has said that it's beyond the purview of this site, and doesn't want an off-topic section to take over the forum.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:43 am

Ah so it's more like a fear it could overshadow the Dragon Ball focus... I can see that.

It'd have to be kept relatively simple in comparison to the other sections, just merely one off topic area perhaps. But yeah seems that call was made already. Thanks for the info.
We the ones

Yosheets
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yosheets » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:42 pm

I don't mean to go too off topic, but I would like to see a Doctor Slump section in the future. Has this been considered before?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:31 am

Yosheets wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:42 pmI don't mean to go too off topic, but I would like to see a Doctor Slump section in the future. Has this been considered before?
There has been consideration for an "Other Toriyama Works" sub-forum, but nothing's been decided yet. That sort of thing isn't exactly a high priority at the moment either, what with one version of Super still running and wiki work going full-force behind the scenes. Still a lot more likely than an "Off-Topic" section will ever be though.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:29 pm

as much as i love love love dr slump, i do have to wonder how much activity a sub-forum for it would get. it's not like early dragon ball gets discussed That much as is, and there isn't a lot of information on dr slump as is, so it would pretty much just be people who read it which i don't think is a whole ton of people. and then i don't even think something like sandland can be discussed that much as a whole, and then you're kinda stretching it as toriyama works if you include something like dragon quest or chrono trigger.

it's a nice concept for under-appreciated series among db's fanbase but given what gets discussed here and what gets the most traction, i don't think it would really work.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Yosheets
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yosheets » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:06 pm

I can see Doctor Slump or Sand Land be sub forums for a month or two to predict how either could potentially hold up as their own sections overtime.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Other Toriyama works could be cool. Get to discuss things like Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest.
We the ones

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 pm

More to come on the Toriyama works thing. Hold tight for a while. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:40 pm

Now that's been mentioned, I've been dying to talk about Dragon Quest here.

Ever since that teaser for the Dragon Quest anime was released, I went to search to know more about the franchise, got to see all the games and found out Dragon Quest 8 is the type I like. I played it and fell in love with it. I'm playing it again while I enjoy the anime and I intend to buy Dragon Quest 11 as soon as possible.

Such a great franchise indeed. I'm all for a Dragon Quest thread once other Toriyama's works become available in the forum. :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:21 am

Dragon Quest is tangently related to Toriyama, beyond his character design it's hard to label DQ as a Toriyama work in the same level as somthing like Dr. Slump, Neko Majin, Jiya or any other one-shot, that's just me.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:21 am Dragon Quest is tangently related to Toriyama, beyond his character design it's hard to label DQ as a Toriyama work in the same level as somthing like Dr. Slump, Neko Majin, Jiya or any other one-shot, that's just me.
Tremendous aspect of his career however.
We the ones

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:24 pm

Fair but my point is that DQ should be limited to just that aspect, to give and example:

* "Toriyama designs for DQ3 is his best work"
* "Should Toriyama do more DQ designs?"
* "Weakest Toriyama DQ work"

The above three are stuff I'd be fine in an "Other Toriyama Works" subforum, what I wouldn't want it to have would be:

* "DQ5 was a better game than DQ8"
* "What other media should DQ expand?"
* "DQ2 has the weakest story"

Stuff like that is already beyond "Toriyama's other work" spectrum, not to mention DQ as an IP was not originally made by him.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:26 pm

A lot of Dragon Ball content is not made by him. I don't think it matters in which order that takes place as long as he's involved in some manner.
We the ones

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:44 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:26 pm A lot of Dragon Ball content is not made by him. I don't think it matters in which order that takes place as long as he's involved in some manner.
But they're still derivative products from a IP he has made, something that the DQ franchise as whole doesn't fall under.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:44 pm
UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:26 pm A lot of Dragon Ball content is not made by him. I don't think it matters in which order that takes place as long as he's involved in some manner.
But they're still derivative products from a IP he has made, something that the DQ franchise as whole doesn't fall under.
At the end of the day it's still not something he made. It's like if one person invented hot wings but this other person made all these flavors. It doesn't matter who did it first just as long as hot wings is still the subject. There is no Dragon Quest without Toriyama just like there isn't cajun styled wings without well cajun.
We the ones

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:26 pm

We'll have guidelines for the expanded Toriyama talk when we're ready to talk more about things. Until then, again, please just stay tuned and hold tight. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::