Went 12 years into the past via Daizenshuu time machine

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Went 12 years into the past via Daizenshuu time machine

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:32 am

I was watching a youtube video that showed the scene where Vegeta throws a fire like energy attack at Goku that appears to burn his shirt off from their first fight and I got confused, so I went to google to see if Vegeta could throw actual fire. Lo and behold, I've apparently had this question before as one of my old forum posts here from all the way back in 2009 was one of the first results on google!

If this isn't the right type of content for this forum I apologize, but I figured this is "community" related and I just had to come back and say something because I was pretty shocked that I basically answered my own question in a post from 12 years ago from when I used to go hard here back in high school! I still stop by here every few years when something like this happens to remind me of my old account and its always a blast from the past. I hope everyone is doing well!

The old post viewtopic.php?t=11977
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Went 12 years into the past via Daizenshuu time machine

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:43 am

Yet another example of how/why text (not video, not audio...) is the ultimate archival format for knowledge! Searchable, low-rent, easily duplicated... it's wonderful. It's why forums and traditional websites aren't going anywhere, and will ultimately be the future-fall-back once everything else dies! :lol:

I love hearing stories like this. Thanks so much for sharing.

This happens to me a lot, particularly as I'm doing fact/source/citation-checking for things like wiki articles. More often than not the source of something I need ends up being... me, from 20 years ago, on Usenet. It's constant! Sometimes I'll even ask a question and a kind soul will tell me they asked the same question 20 years ago and I was the one who answered them! :lol:

https://twitter.com/VegettoEX/status/12 ... 9484813313

https://twitter.com/Night_owl_85/status ... 4372729860

https://twitter.com/VegettoEX/status/12 ... 4860168193
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Re: Went 12 years into the past via Daizenshuu time machine

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:42 pm

I love it. :lol:

This happened to me, too. One time it was...actually, it was a different forum, I think. Anyway, I had asked Kenisu for a source on something he was saying, and then he told me that I was his source. Some-thing I said probably over a decade ago!

And I know many times I've Googled stuff to argue some point, only to find an ancient post from myself that solved my problem. Haha. Time, man...
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."