Error(s) in "Rumor Guide"...?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Error(s) in "Rumor Guide"...?

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:30 pm

On this page, there's a bit of a mistake on the rumour "Some of the (animated) DBZ movies will have theatrical premieres in the US." Specifically, the bit at the end of the answer which says:

"Keep in mind, though, that this has nothing to do with the upcoming live-action movie, which will of course be a theatrical presentation."

Shouldn't this be taken out, since there's not going to be a theatrical presentation now?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:41 pm

Excellent point. And since it's been proven to be untrue, it would make its on nice entry in the rumors section.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:18 pm

You English guys spell "rumour" the same way Canadians do?

Hmm, I think that was discussed in another topic already. Memory... fading...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:25 pm

Yes it was Zacko. You've been practicing the kendo again and not getting enough sleep haven't you? ^_^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:30 pm

You know it. *falls asleep so his neck falls right onto his katana edge*

No, it's really positioned like that. I better make sure to change that if I start getting tired...

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:58 pm

Zackarotto wrote:You English guys spell "rumour" the same way Canadians do?
Yes. The same way, in fact, as the entire English speaking world. Apart from the US.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:04 pm

Oh yeah, that was it. I guess USA is messed up, not everybody else. My browser's automatic spellcheck thingy uses the American spellings, which sort of made me think we were wrong. Damn American spellchecker.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:22 am

I hate spellchecker! It reeeeeaaaaaaally doesn't like anime words.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:24 am

Or Japanese words, for that matter. :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:28 am

Well, ya I meant that too. It really hates scientific words too. I've had a heck of a time with my animal diseases projects. :?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:34 pm

My spellchecker in word knows a lot odd things. Like all the DBZ characters names... some made up names... well, lots of made up names and words... yeah. I've probably got a larger custom dictionary than a normal one in wordprocessor....
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:34 am

As the angel Gabriel once said, "I bring you good tidings of great joy!"

The live-action DBZ project has just been resurrected! There is a new page for it on imdb.com!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417613/

Now for the bad news: we won't see it until 2007!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:49 am

*bangs his head* WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LET THIS DIE..

Who bets it's fake? *raises his hand*

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:59 am

*raises hand too* :D

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:30 pm

*also raises hand* It has to be admitted thet no matter how much any of us wants it to be true, the live-action movie actually happening is a long shot. I mean, these movies dont have much luck. There have been sooooooo many attempts at making our dreams a reality but.......let's face it, what are the chances, really, of this happening?
*sobs*
P.S :( Are we sure we'd even want to see the movie. Just look at recent comic/anime live action movies that have left soooo much out. e.g X-men
I'm just sorry i had to be the one to say all this. i am secretly hoping for the live action move but trying not to jinx it, see? :wink:
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:19 am

No, the live-action movie has NOT been "proven untrue." There's still an option on it, and official movie/source publications even have that Ben Ramsey nonsense.

Whether or not it will ever actually happen...? That remains to be seen.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:44 pm

About the whole spaceship thing, I think Psaros was pointing out the inconsistency with the English version of DBZ. Because in the episode in which Piccolo destroyed the ship, the computerized voice repeating itself kept stating, "Wake up, Kakarrot," over and over. I think he was pointing out that contradiction because, naturally, when Goku said his spaceship was in perfect working condition, it had already been destroyed in the English version.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. :?
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:00 pm

Mattias wrote:About the whole spaceship thing, I think Psaros was pointing out the inconsistency with the English version of DBZ. Because in the episode in which Piccolo destroyed the ship, the computerized voice repeating itself kept stating, "Wake up, Kakarrot," over and over. I think he was pointing out that contradiction because, naturally, when Goku said his spaceship was in perfect working condition, it had already been destroyed in the English version.

I wouldn't trust anything Psaros says. That guy was an incessantly irritating, obnoxious fanboy. I was rather surprised to hear in the rumor guide that he was "well-respected". By whom, I wonder.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:08 pm

tarsonis wrote:
Mattias wrote:About the whole spaceship thing, I think Psaros was pointing out the inconsistency with the English version of DBZ. Because in the episode in which Piccolo destroyed the ship, the computerized voice repeating itself kept stating, "Wake up, Kakarrot," over and over. I think he was pointing out that contradiction because, naturally, when Goku said his spaceship was in perfect working condition, it had already been destroyed in the English version.

I wouldn't trust anything Psaros says. That guy was an incessantly irritating, obnoxious fanboy. I was rather surprised to hear in the rumor guide that he was "well-respected". By whom, I wonder.
Uh-oh. Fanboy suck ups and friends are gonna go after you for that. :twisted:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:34 pm

tarsonis wrote:I wouldn't trust anything Psaros says. That guy was an incessantly irritating, obnoxious fanboy. I was rather surprised to hear in the rumor guide that he was "well-respected". By whom, I wonder.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of others, let's try to keep opinions and comments on specific individuals to... well... a more personable, friendly, and not as ironic degree.

Someone ranting and raving about not respecting someone who was ranting and raving and shouldn't be respected... well... yeah.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::