Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:39 am

Well, it looks like I may have found this thread a tad too late, but here goes anyways.

I became a fan only relatively recently simply by watching TFS in November 2019. However, I soon became set to watch the real series.

I started to get into Dragon Ball by watching the OG DB series (eng dub) exactly one year ago, and marathoning the whole Japanese anime series from DB to Z to GT and Super (overall took nine months). Somewhere in the middle of that, I realized how damn good the music was, so I decided to look around YouTube for the soundtracks, eventually running into TheZestanor's rips of the unreleased music. I later found Kanzenshuu via Kenisu's thread in the Music board (which led me to his website). It took me a while to start actually lurking around the forum and reading through all the topics, though, but I was intrigued by all the in-depth discussions and debates about the franchise. It took a few months before I made my account. I am happy a place like this exists, and so far my experience has been quite pleasant. :D
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 pm

It's amazing how a 2004 thread asking people for their memories about site is still living over 15 years later.

Anyway, i've been a DB fan for almost 20 years now, but i never was part of any community really. After DBS started and DB fanbase in Poland started to reveal itself more after over 10 years of franchise being completely dead in our country, i joined a polish facebook group (still the biggest group in Poland) and biggest polish forum. I joined Kanzenshuu in Dec 2017, but i knew about that site before, probably for more than a year at least. The reason i moved here was because that polish forum was immature and very unprofessional compared to Kanzenshuu. People were mean to each other for having different opinions, offending others and what's worse, moderators were mostly one sided and seemed to ban only the people they didn't share their opinion with. That's when i decided to finally create an account here and give it a chance. I never regretted that decision. People here are definitely more mature and have more knowledge about franchise.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nagyzöld
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nagyzöld » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:05 am

Hello :wave: I watched Dragon Ball head-to-toe and became a fan for the first time in 2016. Although I knew about the franchise since late 90's (I was a preschooler back then), in my country its popularity quickly faded in time to the point of almost non-existent.

I've also been on Dragon Ball forums and comment boards since 2016, but since DBS got on hiatus my interest in the series naturally wore away a bit.

However my fiancé recently got into Dragon Ball so I took on the "duty" to watch together DB and DBZ Kai (because DBZ is "waaay tooo looong" to quote). This got me involved into the series again and I searched on Google for a new forum I've never been on before, so here I am, eager to dissect the series one more time. :mrgreen:

Tabidachi

Post by Tabidachi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Yo! :wave:

I'm fairly new to Dragon Ball. Recently I thought I'd take a serious dive into DB for the first time and watch it all starting from the 1986 anime. It was a great decision. Before this, I had only watched a handful of GT episodes when I was a kid.

The 1986 anime is probably my favorite, I loved every bit of it. It was perfect as far as I'm concerned. Beautiful from start to finish and the Piccolo Jr. saga must be my favorite of the entire series alongside the Cell saga from Z (specifically the Cell Games).

Having finished the series, I looked up DB forums on the internet and found Kanzenshuu. Lurked for a bit and finally decided to make an account. I'm hoping I can deepen my knowledge here as well as share my new-found-love for DB with you.

Thanks for having me, looking forward to a good long time.

NeflyteMasato
Patreon Supporter

Post by NeflyteMasato » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 pm

Let’s see…I’d say I first remember the name VegettoEX from searching for Dragon Ball images online, back in the days of the Anime Web Turnpike and when everyone seemed to have basic HTML pages on either Geocities or Angelfire. I’ve been a fan of the series since the original US airing, my mother actually was the first to show me it on TV. I remember playing my SNES at the time, and my mother called me out into the living room to check out this cool show she was watching. I walked out to see Piccolo missing an arm and seeing the fight against Raditz. I was hooked at that moment, the art combined with the action sold me instantly.

Fast forward quite a bit(decades), and here I am thanks to the podcast. I started listening to it while I am at work and really found myself really enjoying it. I had always considered myself pretty knowledgeable about the series before, but the podcast definitely introduced me to things I had never learned. I’m currently at Episode #320, and it’s definitely informative and entertaining. Along with the learning, it’s nice to hear references to some of my other interests too. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone mention Iori Yagami or Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture anywhere ever without me starting up the conversation myself.

Anyway, I’ve really never frequented any forums. But with the great podcast being only an extension of Kanzenshuu, I’m looking forward to treading new waters, so to speak.
Vegeta: “If it means merging together with you, then I choose death!”
Goku: “Vegeta, you’re already dead!”

Yosheets
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yosheets » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:50 am

Skelter from the Neoseeker Dragon Ball Forum was talking about how DBZ forums were dead outside of the Kanzenshuu Forum in 2013, so it peaked my interest enough to join.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:27 am

Hi guys

My story is a bit different. Since I am mexican no one was talking about the Kanzenshuu when I was young in 2004-2005. Also during 2009-2012 I was very much into Starwars and the only anime I would watch was Bleach, but I quit that one after the Arrancar Saga, I think in reality I was just missing Dragon Ball :P

2013-2020 I was just "away" let's just say I was really hard trying to keep my life together, it involves a terrible divorce and the subsequent finantial ruin... I did watch battle of the gods and resurrection F in the movies tough

I also focused on my career and technical certifications and when I was very close to get a budget for my research COVID happened and I lost everything... so I thought "what makes me feel good, really good?" And there was Dragon Ball on the top of my head for some reason, I watched dragon ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT (Not Super) and when I wanted more I ended up in Devianart were I met english speaking people that liked dragon ball for the first time in my life, it was also the first time I watched dragon ball in english. These people were kind enough to tell me about Kanzenshuu so I apllied for it in 2020 but they said "we are not taking new members at this time".

I tried again one year later and here I am, now, just like mcdonalds, I'm loving it :)

Edit: Forgot to add I had experience in Latino spanish speaking forums, for scifi, disney, bleach etc, so now being part of the most important forum for dragon ball worldwide is a dream came true.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I was just googling "Will there ever be a Kai Buu saga," back in 2012-ish, and then I'd find threads about it here. I didn't become an actual member of this site until 2020, but I lurked around those threads clinging to any bit of news I could find. Buu Kai was released in Japan in 2014, and then I saw the leaked International version OP/ED when they were leaked. Then I would check sporadically over the next few years to see if there was anything indicating when the US would get it. Funny that The Final Chapters didn't come out in the US until early 2017.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:34 am

I don't remember! I think it was the lead up to the Orange Bricks and getting back into the series after Gundam took over my life in middle school. I legitimately can't remember 99% of my life, let alone when I was a fifteen year old girl. 😆

I wish I could remember how I came across the site. I was probably looking up episode guides or something.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:49 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:34 am I don't remember! I think it was the lead up to the Orange Bricks and getting back into the series after Gundam took over my life in middle school. I legitimately can't remember 99% of my life, let alone when I was a fifteen year old girl. 😆

I wish I could remember how I came across the site. I was probably looking up episode guides or something.
I used to catch the odd G Gundam episode on Toonami, but I've always been afraid to get into the franchise because I feel like I'd become obsessive wih that franchise lol. Particularly from a collecting standpoint.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:01 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:49 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:34 am I don't remember! I think it was the lead up to the Orange Bricks and getting back into the series after Gundam took over my life in middle school. I legitimately can't remember 99% of my life, let alone when I was a fifteen year old girl. 😆

I used to catch the odd G Gundam episode on Toonami, but I've always been afraid to get into the franchise because I feel like I'd become obsessive wih that franchise lol. Particularly from a collecting standpoint.
I managed to avoid getting too into Gunpla. For me I enjoy the cartoons, novels and comics. Gundam is an important part of the industry's history so I do suggest checking it out, though. The movie trilogy is available for free on YouTube, I believe. It condenses the original 43 episode cartoon into three 2+ hour films! I'd suggest at least watching those!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:01 am I managed to avoid getting too into Gunpla. For me I enjoy the cartoons, novels and comics. Gundam is an important part of the industry's history so I do suggest checking it out, though. The movie trilogy is available for free on YouTube, I believe. It condenses the original 43 episode cartoon into three 2+ hour films! I'd suggest at least watching those!
Will do, then! I've listened to some of the music online.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:10 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:05 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:01 am I managed to avoid getting too into Gunpla. For me I enjoy the cartoons, novels and comics. Gundam is an important part of the industry's history so I do suggest checking it out, though. The movie trilogy is available for free on YouTube, I believe. It condenses the original 43 episode cartoon into three 2+ hour films! I'd suggest at least watching those!
Will do, then! I've listened to some of the music online.
The music for First Gundam is so good! I'm also a big fan of the theme songs of the movies, they're very melancholic.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

tiedyegypsy

Post by tiedyegypsy » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:27 pm

Wow, I just discovered this place a couple months ago. I haven't posted in a forum in over 10 years so this certainly is bringing back a bunch of memories from the mid 2000s. I'm surprised I never discovered this place back then although I guess I had moved on from DB by the time I started exploring the internet and posting in forums.

I've been a fan for about 20 years now and counting. As with a lot of others, I discovered Dragon Ball on Toonami in the early 2000s or late 90s. I got back into the series around 2018 right when Super was ending and saw up to the end of the Zamasu arc, but then I took another long break since I wanted to watch the English dub (lol) to bring back even more nostalgia from when I was a kid. I recently got back into the franchise and blitzed through the whole series after getting most of it on DVD plus what I still had as a kid. Specifically with the original run of DBZ, I was really impressed with how well it held up and how much I was anticipating each new episode. I enjoy it more than Kai in a number of ways, although I still have to watch Kai all the way through. One of my main purposes of joining was to trade/buy/sell collectibles although I have been enjoying reading a whole lot of other stuff so I'm excited to explore. Looking forward to posting more!

Cogni

Post by Cogni » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:08 am

I'm a newbie here and, to start with, I'm so much pleased with the design. A bit retro, cosy, and pleasant. I enjoy dragons)) and there are so many dragons here) I like that the font is big :D
I found this site with the tip from my colleagues. I'm a typical lazybone :lol: enjoying gaming, looking through comics, drawing anime faces, listening to music and hiking with friends. And online chatting - oh, that's my true passion. Nice to e-meet all of you and good luck to the owners of this cute place.
Check out my gaming project Kevin.games :)

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Tue May 17, 2022 4:48 pm

I randomly found this forum a few months ago while I was looking for a detail about a Super chapter, but I've been a Dragon Ball fan for most of my life, ever since my high school days.

After lurking for a while, I finally decided to join, so I can participate into some discussions with you, it's always good to share opinions with other true fans. And I am sure I have much to learn.

Y2_O3

Post by Y2_O3 » Sun May 14, 2023 7:20 am

There was nothing else for me to enjoy besides Dragon Ball when I was a child. A few volumes of the manga were enough to keep me entertained for years. The aftermath of this is that my threshold for entertainment became very high, and it's difficult for other works to attract me. I'm stuck in DB. But the benefit of repeatedly reading one book is that I can deeply understand the different cognitive thinking behind the characters' choices, which has had a great impact on my life, such as attitudes towards enemies, towards oneself, towards friends, towards competition, towards life, towards money, power, status, and fame... especially in this age.
I became interested in learning Japanese and the process of writing a story and the language of the manga (name) because of DB. When I learn about fields such as psychology, philosophy, and education, I always think of the manga. Every time I learn a new internet technique, I try to gather information about Dragon Ball first. I really like the detailed information on Kanzenshuu, and based on that, I have done a lot of archaeological work on the manga (in JUMP), but unfortunately there are too few image resources here. This forum is also wonderful. The topics are broad and very active, and many discussions are very valuable.
Although I joined here late, I believe this will be a good start.
Don't look at people through a scouter.

PowerPhantom245

Post by PowerPhantom245 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:10 am

My first post on this forum!

I first heard about it several years ago, when there was discussion on shows on home media on YouTube by Geekdom101, where they shared a link for this site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waOT0LCDiqY&t=1277s

I decide to join the forum now is because there are few topics I want to discuss and check out other interesting disussions.

Edwardmatthew

Post by Edwardmatthew » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:59 am

Hey Kanzenshuu Fam,

I hope this message finds you all in great spirits. As I delved into the depths of this forum, I couldn't help but notice the vibrant and diverse community that resides here at Kanzenshuu. It is evident that members from all walks of life and various corners of the globe converge here, driven by their passion for the Dragon Ball franchise. This amalgamation of perspectives and backgrounds creates a truly engaging environment, where fascinating conversations and unique insights abound.

Whether you are a seasoned fan or a newcomer to the Dragon Ball universe, Kanzenshuu offers a haven to connect with like-minded individuals, express your thoughts, and immerse yourself in the vast lore and history of this beloved series. Discovering a community that aligns with your interests is always an exhilarating experience.

Wishing you all the best,

Edward Matthew