Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. "Daizenshuu EX") Introduction

Post by Venus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 pm

Found about Kanzenshuu thanks to some other forum and i've been browsing these forums for like 3 months now, registered 3 weeks ago, I like this place a lot :thumbup:

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:34 am

I came across the podcast in late September, listened to one or two of the most recent episodes and decided that I liked it so much, that I went back to January 2013 and downloaded all the episodes since then.
Now I'm caught up on everything and feel prepared to join the conversation on the forum. :wave: Hello everyone

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:18 pm

I found out about this site a couple weeks ago while searching for a Dragon Ball Heroes card game forum so I could ask some questions that (at the time) I could not find, and I came across the designated thread for it on here when I searched for DBH forum on google... I don't read or understand Japanese, I started collecting all of the Goku Black and Zamasu DBH cards since they started releasing. They're both my favorite DB Villain(s) to date and there wasn't much merch for either of them and the cards are pretty nice looking. In fact, until DBS started, I never had any reason to watch any DB series with the original voices because I never had to. Now that we're 70 episodes in and I've started playing DB Fusions (NA Version, still has Jap voices) I've grown quite fond of their original voices.

I'm kinda ashamed that I've been on the internet so long and have been a DB fan (Since '98) even longer and didn't know this site existed. Happy to be aboard either way.

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Hello, you wonderful people from another the world. I made an account here as I always wanted to interact with the DBZ community and get to know each other. My name is Nitwit and it's nice to meet you all. :wave:

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:45 am

I registered on January 2013. I only started posting here on December 2016.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:05 am

You know, never got to formally introduce myself.

I am the eternal darkness, the eternal plague of pestilence, the beast that sleeps beneath the seas, the end of civilizations, the Armageddon of worlds, the crazy Freeza fan boy. I am the hopeless situation that the hero can never over come, I am what wakes you up at night, I am the ultimate sin that should never have been, and I am the defiler of spirits.

You can call me Gog, if my true name is too long for you though. Hanging around Kanzenshuu for some reason, and have developed a horrid fascination for Freeza, his family, and his race.

You can still call me Gog though. :twisted:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:55 am

Hello there beautiful friend all around the world I am your host the gr Even through my username was a mistake it originally going to be the GT but whatever I really like this sites the community is nice here
Mostly active on discord.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Gog wrote:You know, never got to formally introduce myself.

I am the eternal darkness, the eternal plague of pestilence, the beast that sleeps beneath the seas, the end of civilizations, the Armageddon of worlds, the crazy Freeza fan boy. I am the hopeless situation that the hero can never over come, I am what wakes you up at night, I am the ultimate sin that should never have been, and I am the defiler of spirits.

You can call me Gog, if my true name is too long for you though. Hanging around Kanzenshuu for some reason, and have developed a horrid fascination for Freeza, his family, and his race.

Damn it, i wish i were a Bardock fanboy just to scream FREEEEEEEEEEZAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! each time i saw you.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:54 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
Gog wrote:You know, never got to formally introduce myself.

Damn it, i wish i were a Bardock fanboy just to scream FREEEEEEEEEEZAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! each time i saw you.
good lord i'm glad your not, my ear drums would burst by now. :D

Kerunou

Post by Kerunou » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Been on here for quite a few years but never bothered introducing myself. I'm Kerunou or just Keru if you prefer. My username actually goes all the way back to my old AIM screen name when I was doing a lot of role playing and I've just kind used it here and there ever since. I'm an artist and musician, though I don't draw as much as I used to, I would love to get back into it.

Anyway, Dragonball and the like has been a huge passion of mine since I was little and it's served as inspiration for many ideas and projects of mine for as long as I can remember. Now that there's Super and Dragonball is new and exciting yet again, I figured what better time to start frequenting Kanzenshuu (again).

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm

I’ve been here for more than a year, but never bothered to post in this thread, but I guess it’s about time.

As far as I can remember, I first heard of Kanzenshuu from Screw Attack’s Goku versus Superman death battle video on YouTube, but at that time, I never bothered or cared enough to check the website. If I remember correctly, I visited the main website for the first time when I was looking for Resurrection F news at Saiyan Island. The news have the link to the website as a reference, so I visited the site and looked for stuff. After that, I occasionally visit the website to look for news, but I didn’t know the website has a forum back then.

I learned that the website has a forum after Dragon Ball Super was announced and there’s tons of talk about the upcoming new series everywhere. I can’t remember how and when, but I think I learned and started visiting the forum shortly after the announcement. I started lurking the main website and the forum, particularly the versus thread, which I found to be a really fun thread back then. I was also regularly lurking the Super sub-section, as it is the current entertainment and I’m interested in the series. I decided to finally create an account in August to join all the fun discussions. (It took about two weeks for my account to be activated, though.)

I decided to stick around because I really love this website. I’ve been here for more than a year now, and for the amount of time I’ve been here, I have learned a ton of things about the franchise in-general, even my grammar has improved too. When I first joined here, I can barely type worth shit on my own, my grammar is pretty bad, in addition to the lack of proper spacing. Right now, while my grammar is still not perfect and I still can’t perfectly express my thoughts on something due to my English holding me back, I can say, that at least now, I can express my opinion on a much higher degree than before.

In addition to what I mentioned above, one of the biggest reason why I decided to stick around is also because there are a lot of great forum members here. This place is very different compared to the places I’ve been before to discuss Dragon Ball-related stuff. There are a lot of knowledgeable, civil, friendly, and fun forum members here. It is one of the few places where I can find many intelligent, mature, civil, and fun discussions about many different things in the franchise.

I think one of the reason why I always visit here is also because I live in a country and place where the internet connection is incredibly slow for most of the time. I’m very glad that the forum is very easy to browse, because even if the connection is generally slow, I can still browse the forum and read many discussions, particularly those old ones that is fun and interesting. This is the mostly the only website I browse when the connection is sluggish, making me lurk here for hours, while sometimes making contributions.

Greetings, and hopefully, I am still in this site many years from now.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:49 am

Khin wrote:After that, I occasionally visit the website to look for news, but I didn’t know the website has a forum back then.
There has been a forum here since 2004.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:53 pm

simtek34 wrote:There has been a forum here since 2004.
Yeah, I know. What I’m saying is that back when I was occasionally visiting the main website, I have no idea that the site also has a forum.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm Dominic, otherwise known as Floofy. I first got into Dragon Ball a couple of years back when I was mad at everything and slightly emo and I figured, "Screw it, I'mma start watching anime." I'd heard that Dragon Ball was the most popular anime, so I thought it was universally liked. Boy was I wrong. I didn't care that seemingly every teenager in Greater Edmonton strongly disliked Dragon Ball, and kept watching it. I fell in love in those first 13 episodes of the Pilaf saga, (which I finished in a weekend) and have continued to watch ever since. I'm currently on the Kid Buu saga of DBZ and over the 18 or so months that I've been a fan, I've accumulated 21 manga volumes and a few collectibles. I stumbled upon Kanzenshuu when I was dying inside because there was literally no one to talk about DB with so I decided to join a forum. I googled Dragon Ball forums and found Kanzenshuu, then signed up. I've been posting here as often as possible since I arrived.

When I'm not on Kanzenshuu, I'm usually playing one of 6 musical instruments (guitar, trombone, bass, banjo, piano, cello), reading indie graphic novels (my personal favourites are Scott Pilgrim and Bone), doodling, playing D20 games with friends, doing research, watching comedy shows (I love the Big Bang Theory and many others), listening to music (a lot of which is Dragon Ball related), and reading general fiction and philosophy. Additionally, I have an obsession with politics (Canadian, American, British, and global), history, cultural anthropology, musical composition, and philosophy.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

CreativeUsername

Post by CreativeUsername » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Hey. I've been a fan of Dragon Ball for a few years, it's one of my favorite franchises nowadays. Kanzenshuu seemed like a good place to get news on Dragon ball and also a good place to discuss the franchise with other fans.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi everyone! I've been a Dragon Ball fan for years. First started following the series when the Ocean Dub originally aired on Toonami, but I distinctly remember seeing the Monster Carrot episode of classic DB once before that. I've visited the site off and since just before the switch over from Daizenshuu EX and thought I'd finally sign up. It's nice to meet you all! :D

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 pm

I got into Dragon Ball through the games, though my earliest exposure to the series was way back during the initial U.S. airing of Z.
I strongly enjoy what-if scenarios.
My username is a Veggie Tales joke.
That's about it.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 am

I've been a member for a good few years now, but I've been absent for over a year, so I figured a re-introduction was in order. To explain my absence, I simply got burned out on Dragon Ball for a while.

Hello, good evening, and welcome! I'm Weejus (aka Zerokohai on other social media). I dunno if much has changed since I was active, but in any case, it's nice to meet you all!

Shad73
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shad73 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Even if I'm not exactly new here, pleased to meet you all! I'm Shad73 and was previously a user of My Favorite Games in its' heyday; MyFavoriteGames.Com was my go-to before the revolution of wikis all over the Internet outsourced a fair deal of information on fansites from the early millennium. Thankfully fansites haven't died across the map and if anything only became more more numerous through Facebook and the like. Anyway, I've been a fan of Dragonball since late 2002 and don't plan on stopping anytime soon! Blessings!
Seeing the world as neutral is a gift; then you see the most beauty.

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

I had heard of Dragon Ball back in the early 2000's when I saw commercials for for each show airing on Cartoon Network but I didn't care enough at the time to ever watch it. I finally decided to give the series a go in 2010 when Dragon Ball Z Kai began airing on Nicktoons Network. I was instantly hooked and began collecting the dvds and video games and discovered this website shortly after. I think it was still Dizenshuu EX back then. I've been lurking these forums since then and only now decided to make an account nearly seven years later. Looking forward to actually participating in discussions here.