Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. "Daizenshuu EX") Introduction

Post by Bajosexto » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello fellow Dragon Ball enthusiasts. I've been a fan of the series since 2001. Grew up watching the Latin American dub on Mexico's Canal 5. I've been lurking around the forum for about a year now. Finally decided make an account.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:42 pm

I first came across VegettoEX back around 1998/1999, as well as a few other sites that had some great info from those days.

Ocean Narrator: Stay tuned for Dragon Ball Z... coming next!

My first exposure to the Dragon Ball franchise was after waking up very early on a Saturday morning while I was a Junior in High School. I'd groggily (... is that a word?) flipped through a few channels and stopped on this very... unfamiliar cast of characters being knocked through large rock croppings and other terrain, and they had been doing these "powering up" attacks. At the time - after the episode had ended - I didn't think too much about it, but it still lingered in my head. So, the next weekend, I tried to find that show again (not having any idea what it was called or channel that it was on) but I must have missed it. I think it wasn't until a few weeks later that I'd stumbled upon it again - and this time I made sure to note the name of the show... Dragon Ball Z. I may be misremembering, but I think that the first episode that I'd seen was the "Chaotzu says goodbye to Tenshinhan" episode. Somewhere around there in November 1996. The show would later show TWO!! episodes back-to-back and it quickly became something that I made sure to keep up with, even making VHS copies. By the time Z aired on Toonami in 1998 and had been given a much much greater exposure to its demographic, I'd been well acquainted with what had been released at the time. I was like "So, when do they get to battle Freeza already?".

After some time, I found myself at a Suncoast not looking for anything in particular - and there they were. VHS releases of the series as well as a couple of feature films. And the first 13 episodes of Dragon Ball. I began collecting what was available at the time - this took quite a while due to finances of course - but eventually ended up with all of the Ocean/Saban/Pioneer releases, including the original release of the first 4 episodes of Z that was edited in movie form. So much nostalgia when I think about it.

I made an attempt at collecting the manga releases (by Viz?) back around 1999/2000 but can't remember how far I got into that. So, I can't say that I've read the manga, and my memory is very foggy about the issues that I did have. They all mysteriously vanished (along with all VHS tapes) after I'd trusted someone to store them for me while I spent a few months in another state in 2002.

My first exposure to the original Japanese voices and music was through the Pioneer release of Dead Zone. I was instantly hooked. It was uncut and opened my eyes to how the series was meant to be seen - the Ocean cast dub was so good too. The first bit of video outside of that in Japanese that I'd seen was when Gohan became a SSJ in the RoSaT - which was way, way, way before eventually airing in the U.S. So, I'd seen Gohan become SSJ in Japanese before I'd seen Goku become SSJ in English or Japanese. :D

I clearly remember anticipating the releases of Captain Ginyu Assault/Double Cross on VHS in 1999. Finally, the story can continue! And uncut! But... what I had no idea about was that the entire production of the previous dub was replaced with a far inferior product. Right away, the show felt flat, dull, and many other things sounded off or bad in comparison to the Saban/Ocean (yeah, I know that it's still FUNimation) dub. I had no idea about how that all happened at the time, all that I know is that it wasn't long before I actually MUTED the sound so that I could just watch the progression of the story. It was so bad to my ears. It wasn't until the bilingual DVD's released a year later that I could begin watching the series appropriately - and I never looked back.

Even after all of the years of experience, script/directing improvements that were made, and the Kai dub - I still don't find myself enjoying the current FUNimation English performances that much. I was instantly attached to the Japanese voices and deliveries from the start (even in the Ocean days), and there was no adjustment period. Loved Nozawa's Son Goku and Son Gohan immediately. There's an aura, mystique, charm, and sense of adventure in the original that the FUNimation dub hasn't come close to capturing. That being said, I respect all of the current English actors and the story about how they went from "unknowns" to where they are today is interesting.

As big of a DB fan as I am, I still haven't watched the Dragon Ball anime in its entirety. I have, however, seen the series last year via IAmMilkMan's Dragon Ball Recut. I loved it. A tighter, better written, and more enjoyable show than anything that followed it, imo. Its highs are not as high as Z's, but it's much more consistent and charming. And that's coming from someone that had seen the Z series waaaaaay before.

I still have not watched a single episode of the GT series. I remember seeing some images of the show way back and I didn't recognize it as the characters that I'd come to know. It just didn't interest me - and that was before I'd learned that it was just a TOEI production. The couple short clips that I have seen leave me feeling nothing. The only positive that I'm aware of is Tokunaga's soundtrack, which I'd like to hear some day.

As for the videogames, I haven't played many. The first that I'd played was Final Bout back in like 1998. I also imported Ultimate Battle 22 and Legends not long after that (using the weird but effective method that was needed with the Playstation). I've played the 3 Budokai, 3 Budokai Tenkaichi, and Raging Blast 2 games as well. I didn't like the little bit of Xenoverse that I played.

Anyway, I could write a book here if I don't stop myself. Short story is that I went from obsessed for the first few years, to very casual or even absent for about a 10 year stretch, and now back into Dragon Ball again with Super. I've gone back and watched A LOT of stuff that I'd missed from the 2008 Jump Special -- to 2014 Kai and things in between. Now I find myself at Kanzenshuu!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Well I'm an idiot it did occur why there wasn't anything like this already should have checked the stickey! :lol: this thread should make interesting reading.

Anyway it was early 2013 and I BoG was coming up and there was so much news, rumours, BS on it but my only source of info was YT, I would search DBZ battle of Gods and narrow down to today to see if there was any news one video the guy liked this site as a source of something, then I watched a SSJGoshin4 video a few days later (I think) and I think it was about the SS5 AF Tablos drawing and she also dropped this site as a source for something and so I was bored that night and remembered to check this site out and I lurked for bit before biting the bullet and joining on the day BoG came out as I wanted more info on SSG as I absolutely fell in love with the form when it was leaked :P, so yeah that is my story.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 am

There was no specific event that drew me to this site. Usually if I would Google something about Dragon Ball, a thread from this forum would show up. I ended up coming here for answers so often that I decided to join!
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Matias

Post by Matias » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 am

Hi guys! Just another DB fan joining in for the fun. I'm from a country that has a small history regarding Dragon Ball. My first exposure was around 2006, when I saw the English dub of DBZ. These days I'm interested in different dubs, also the original Japanese version. If it sounds good, it's probably good enough for me. I've known this site for a while now, though I cannot remember where I heard about it. Also, I hope you guys are having a great time watching the new DB material that we're getting.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue May 02, 2017 7:09 pm

I always knew this place existed since the early 2000's, but it was Resurrection of F and Super's announcement that finally made me join in 2015. A new Dragonball series airing week after week? I needed some place to discuss the series that wasn't reddit, youtube, etc.

I've been part of online Dragonball discussions since 2001 though in general.

Mr_Lucky_2017

Post by Mr_Lucky_2017 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello, good morning from Canada. My name is Sergey, I'm 28, originally from Yalta (that's in Crimea, which is now Russia, as far as my family are concerned). I moved around quite a bit though in my life. First, to Moscow, when I was little, in Grade 2, for my parents business. And when I was in Grade 8, we moved here, to Canada, to Vancouver, to join my sister and brother in law. It was here, when I watched a lot of Canadian TV to help myself learn English fast, that I first watched DragonBall. I watched the original show; and, later, Z and also GT. I have not yet seen the new series Super. That was years ago, but recently, I found a site which has all DB series (in original Japanese with English subs) and all the movies too. Now, I have already rewatched the first DB and am halfway through Z. Seeing lots of things I do not remember from when originally watched it on TV. I suspect there was some editing over here lol Especially of the not so family friendly moments involving Master Rashi :D It was, after all, running on a teen/youth channel here... Anyway, am enjoying it very much. And I just came across this place surfing the web and thought it would be cool to join.

Thanks for approving me.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Thu May 18, 2017 10:42 am

Hi. I'm a new guy. OR AM I?

I used to lurk and read comments whenever there was a new episode of Super that aired so I decided to register.

I like Dragon Ball. I also like almonds but I'm not here to brag about that.

Good day to you all, looking forward to closely missing out on adding value to your discussions. (That is what I am most proficient at, probably. Maybe.)

If you did read it please tell me how.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello, fellow Dragon Ball fans! I've been lurking for a few months, finally decided to join. :)
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 am

When I was a kid I used to Google stuff about Dragon Ball all the time, found Daizenshuu and Kanzentai, had a lot of info, kept returning for educational purposes, eventually they merged, now this is the only place I go for DB info (and reddit)

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Hey, DB fam! I actually got into Dragon Ball pretty recently, by watching DB Kai completely over the course of 2 months, and now I'm caught up on Super. I mainly grew up on Naruto when it came to shonen anime, but I got to say, Dragon Ball has quickly become one of my all-time favorite franchises (up there with Star Wars and Jurassic Park), and it's certainly an exciting time to be a Dragon Ball fan. I joined so I could make new friends in the fandom and of course discuss the series. I'm especially interested in forming a DBS group chat on Skype so I can live-chat new episodes with friends. If you'd be interested in that, plz send me a PM.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello everyone I am Bebi Hatchiyack as you can see this is my favorite vilain from the Dragon Ball Universe because he incarnate the cheer hate towards the Saiya-jin.

I've been a Dragon Ball hardcore fan since 1990 from the period where Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z where shown on our French TV Broadcast named Club Dorothée. Thus you know also my Nationality. I've come here because I find this forum useful and informative and I wish share my thought and point of view on the Franchise.

I am also someone who love theorised on things but I heard that Kanzenshuu doesn't like much Theory ? Did the rumor are true ?

I'm 33 years old and have others passion such as the Astronomy and Science in general. Take care of me and of course I'll keep the nice attitude to everyone else here. :thumbup:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Hello everyone I am Bebi Hatchiyack as you can see this is my favorite vilain from the Dragon Ball Universe because he incarnate the cheer hate towards the Saiya-jin.

I've been a Dragon Ball hardcore fan since 1990 from the period where Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z where shown on our French TV Broadcast named Club Dorothée. Thus you know also my Nationality. I've come here because I find this forum useful and informative and I wish share my thought and point of view on the Franchise.

I am also someone who love theorised on things but I heard that Kanzenshuu doesn't like much Theory ? Did the rumor are true ?

I'm 33 years old and have others passion such as the Astronomy and Science in general. Take care of me and of course I'll keep the nice attitude to everyone else here. :thumbup:
First of all, welcome!

I don't know where you heard that Kanzenshuu doesn't like theories. On the contrary, you can find many threads theorizing what might happen in Super, or theories about how in-universe stuff such as Ki, Super Saiyan or Saiyan genetics in general work etcetera.
Back during the Future Trunks arc of Super, this place was full of theories about the main villain so this place is definitely a good one to post your theories in. Have fun!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:46 pm

emperior wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Hello everyone I am Bebi Hatchiyack as you can see this is my favorite vilain from the Dragon Ball Universe because he incarnate the cheer hate towards the Saiya-jin.

First of all, welcome!

I don't know where you heard that Kanzenshuu doesn't like theories. On the contrary, you can find many threads theorizing what might happen in Super, or theories about how in-universe stuff such as Ki, Super Saiyan or Saiyan genetics in general work etcetera.
Back during the Future Trunks arc of Super, this place was full of theories about the main villain so this place is definitely a good one to post your theories in. Have fun!
Well I heard it on a French Forum perharps someone wanted to make this Forum a bad advertising ? :wtf: Anyway thank you for the welcome hope you can give me help on one topic I created (Section Creation) :angel:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Satoshi25

Post by Satoshi25 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Hey everyone. Long time Dragon Ball fan from the Toonami days and long time lurker of Kanzenshuu (back when it was Daizenshuu EX). Finally just now getting around to being on the forum. Excited to be here!

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Found it on a google search in 99/2000 but never really joined until 2009.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Tribesman

Post by Tribesman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:21 pm

I first heard of Kanzenshuu from MasakoX during his videos. I can tell it was a great resource. He mentioned the Podcast, so I gave a listen to the Goku Black Arc review, and I loved it. I thought I might as well join the forum and start taking part in the discussion over this great series.

I started watching Dragonball back in the late 90's when I was in Kindergarten. We slowly rented all of the movies from the local Blockbuster, and I came to love the show more and more. One of my favorite resources as a kid was a magazine I got. I think the cover just said Dragonball Z, and the image was Vegeta charging a Final Flash. The blue of the attack was a cool holographic style. In it was a ton of articles about the series and characters. It was my favorite thing to look over as a kid.

As I got older, I still loved the show, although it was not on cable TV as much. I was so excited when I saw Kai was coming to Nickelodeon. I did not miss a single episode as I reengaged in the series. I went to the first screening of Battle of Gods in my area with a few friends. Within a few weeks of that, I was gone for 2 years doing religious service. When I got back October of last year I binge watched all of Super to that point, and since then I have kept very close track of the series.

I know I will enjoy my time here. Thanks for all of your love for the series! Kamehameha!
- Steam: [TGH] Tribesman - YouTube: TribesmanGaming - Origin: ITribesmanI - uPlay: Tribesman256 -

Amishpriest

Post by Amishpriest » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:11 am

I suppose I'm somewhat of an odd case. I only heard of Kanzenshuu recently, due to having just gotten into Dragon Ball this year. It was through the podcast that I came to the site. I listen to a lot of podcasts at work, so I was looking to see if there was something Dragon Ball-focused. I've now been going back through it from the beginning, into the 160's now.

The reason I say "odd" above is because I'm older (36) and have been into anime since college, but never really Dragon Ball for whatever reason. I've seen bits and pieces out of context over the years but it's always bothered me that I've never properly watched the anime or read the manga, so this year I've began to fix that. I'm kinda sad I've waited all this time, but better late than never.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Greeting All I am a News Forum Poster that just started tonight!

I have been a Fan of Dragon Ball Since the Late 1990's and just recently got back into it with the start of the Tournament of Power Arc!

I am a Veterna Poster on the Comic Book Resources Forums as my Avatart Name Suggest at the end, CBR!

I look forward to having Discussions here with you all, check out my link to my CBR profile page a well! 8)

http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Angrist Hand

Post by Angrist Hand » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Watched every Dragon Ball animation, read every guide/wiki etc, and now I'm here to bless you with my insight. Praise Angrist. Amen.

Google probably brought me to Kanzenshuu before to read the content but it wasn't until I started listening to youtube nerds like Masako, Geekdom, etc who name dropped this place constant that I officially discovered. I'm starting my own (amazing) DB Super youtube channel and this is the best reference site. Be sure to tune in and criticize me for everything, I love that.

P.S....6 weeks for an admin to approve my account?! Do you know who I am?!