Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lupin Vegeta

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

Post by Lupin Vegeta » Thu May 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Never did one of these so uhh, I'm Lupin Vegeta! :mrgreen:

Been a fan of Dragon Ball since the late 90s when I started watching the Ocean Dub on YTV. I think it was the Goku/Vegeta fight that got me hooked. The Goku/Frieza fight took it a step further and turned me into a straight up fanboy for years to come. In the early-mid 2000s I was active on sites like the official Funimation chat, Pojo, and the one I spent by far the most time on - MyFavoriteGames (MFG Forums). The Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi series kept me invested in Dragon Ball content in the following years but as I couldn't afford a next-gen console at the time I stopped getting the games when Burst Limit came out and kind of stopped caring about Dragon Ball for a while as a result.

By the time Battle of Gods came out, I didn't even care enough to watch it immediately. When I did watch it, I absolutely loved it. It was also around this time that I started watching the Japanese subbed material alongside the English dub. The fact that the first two seasons of Super were movie retellings (among other things) kept me from starting Super until deep into its run. When I heard about the ToP arc, the concept sounded like the ultimate Dragon Ball arc and I decided to finally start watching Super so I could experience it. By the time I caught up the show was at episode 111 and from then on I followed the series live. It made me feel like a kid again. I hadn't felt that pure week-to-week new Dragon Ball episode hype since I was in grade school. Came at an opportune time since I've been struggling with depression and needed a distraction from negative thoughts. I'm sad that it's over but with the new movie (and artstyle) on the way I couldn't be more excited and I'm so glad Dragon Ball is on top of the world again.

KeKeKe

Post by KeKeKe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:49 am

Hi everyone! :wave:

My name is João, I'm 33 years old and I'm from Portugal. I follow the Dragon Ball anime since before it became a huge success here in my country (during the 90's), meaning that I started watching the original Dragon Ball series (the one that describes kid Goku's adventures around the world in search of the seven magical balls) from its very beginning. It turns out that I immediately loved it and got attached to it, so I kept watching it throughout the following series: Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT and, more recently, Dragon Ball Super, including all their movies and specials. Unfortunately, I never read the original manga (the one that covers Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z's stories), even though I'm aware of the many differences between it and its anime counterpart.

Likewise, I know this website since it was still named Kanzentai and I've been a regular visitor of both the site and the forum, often coming back to keep track of all the Dragon Ball-related news and the discussion they have originated here in the forum. Despite this, I was merely a passive reader all over the years and it was not until the last couple of weeks that I decided to finally create an account here. That brings me to this very day, where I'm posting my first comment introducing myself and promising to give my best to contribute in a democratic and respectful way to all the Dragon Ball discussions brought about in this forum.

Best regards and "see" you around! :thumbup:

didigoku

Post by didigoku » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:31 am

Hi Guys !
I am didigoku, i am 27 years old and i'm just a simple fan of Dragon Ball since my childhood from France.
As long as i remember, i have never taken a time to introduce myself. So here i am.
I used to be a great fan of Dragon Ball and and i have been following Kanzenshuu for a long time, since 2006 now. I still remember when i used to type this URL "daizex.com". The main sections i mostly read were the Music Database, the Lyrics and the Rumor guides. By the way, thanks to the Webmaster for always giving reliable information :)

But since i have some other passion, i now follow Dragon Ball news from far.
Besides, in my opinion, i think lot of Dragon Ball related products have known a lack of quality, then made me losing some interest, whatever it was about : new anime series/movies, new soundtracks (theme songs or BGM), new video games etc...
Or maybe i have just been growing up and cannot enjoy Dragon Ball news as i did in my childhood? Because of that, I am now considering myself like one of these oldies that rather watch DB/DBZ/DBGT series instead of "Super" series of whatever else...

I was looking around for some news and i was happy to see now how Kanzenshuu has evolved. So, Long Live Kanzenshuu !

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Hello, my name is SuperSaiyaManZ94 and i just recently joined the forum so i wanted to share with ya'll how i discovered this place as an introduction. My awareness of the site started in about mid to late 2010 when i was still in high school, as this was around the same time when Dragon Ball Z Kai was just getting started over here both on home video and TV broadcast. I had already previously heard about this website (which was still known as Daizenshuu EX at the time) from some friends i knew at school, who also just happened to browse around on it some as well. I therefore properly looked up the site on one of the library computers at break and on these here forums and needles to say it was truly mind blowing, and since then i have been a long time follower and lurker on both the site and podcast though i only properly joined the site within the last couple of days.

While i am at it, i might as well briefly go over my on/off history with the franchise since i was a child. It all began in earnest roughly around mid to late 2000 when i was six years old, and some of the very first things i remember seeing on TV were a couple of random Perfect Cell/Cell Games episodes on Cartoon Network/Toonami of FUNimation's original in-house dub run. Somewhere around that same time my first cousin had also started watching the show as well in which we both really started growing an interest in it over time, and thus we continued to watch a good chunk of the original run of the '99-'03 dub and onward with the original series and GT. I also caught some scattered re runs of the original edited '96 dub of the Saiyan and Namek arcs during a break in the airing of the Buu episodes. In addition to that, my cousin also happened to have a good chunk of episodes on VHS that we would watch quite frequently when we would play together. Eventually, my interest in the series started to wane sometime around early 2005 or so. The last things i remember seeing before it fell on my radar for quite a few years were some of the late Saturday night airings of the "Ultimate Uncut" redub of the first two seasons, and thus it eventually left my mind almost entirely after that point up until high school when i happened to catch DBZ Kai just as it was beginning it's dubbed run on Nicktoons in May/June 2010. After that point i began to get back into the franchise and gradually started to collect the series on DVD little by little, as well as keep up with all of the new developments in the last couple of years such as the most recent Z movies and Super.

As such, that has now lead me to properly sign up to be a part of this awesome community which i have viewed only as a casual lurker for so long.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Mago_Gosora

Post by Mago_Gosora » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 pm

I've known about this website for quite a few years now. I was signed up for another DB site for a few years but it weirdly rebooted or something and my profile was lost or deleted. So I came here lol

I didn't really watch DB until 02 when Cartoon Network started airing Dragon Ball, so my introductory experience with the series was with the edited English dub. Watched the trilogy in its entirety and in 06 I kinda stopped watching, mostly because I was focusing on my studies and other stuff in life. In 09 I was reintroduced to DB through the original Japanese, it was also my first time seeing it uncut. I fell in love with the series all over again. To this day I can't stomach the English version, it's way too cheesy and I prefer the VA & music in the original.

Should be fun discussing this awesome series with the people here

Multi-Man

Post by Multi-Man » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi there, the name's Multi-Man, I am 15 years old. I'm a relatively new fan of the Dragon Ball, franchise I only got into it like around February 2019.

However, I have been exposed to DBZ many times during my life time, with my first ever exposure being DBZ Budokai 1, a game that played a lot when I go to Pakistan in the Summers. My first exposure to one of the shows however, was a couple namek saga Kai episodes. I found it to be pretty cool, but thought the music (which I now know is the Kikuchi score) was kinda weird (no disrespect intended). However, the thing that made me more invested in the show was a youtube clip of Cell vs Piccolo with Faulconer music. I thought that was so cool, and I had to check it out more DBZ stuff, and I ended up watching more clips, and even found myself watching Ocean Dub Clips after that, speaking of Ocean it's probably my favorite DBZ dub so far, really love the performances there. I also saw clips from Japanese DBZ, and although Kikuchi's isn't my favorite score, I came to enjoy it for what it is, background music that fits the real DBZ. Currently I am watching DBZ's Ocean Dub, episodes 1-53.
I'm not sure what to do after though, for me it's either continue on to the rest of the series with the Funi Dub or Westwood dub, or watch OG DB( Blue Water or Sub), then get back to Z proper and either watch through Kai Dub or Z Sub.

I'm sorry I got off a bit of a tangent here, but yeah, that's my introduction on how I got into dbz. I can't wait to see where my dragon ball journey takes me.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Multi-Man wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pmI'm not sure what to do after though, for me it's either continue on to the rest of the series with the Funi Dub or Westwood dub, or watch OG DB( Blue Water or Sub), then get back to Z proper and either watch through Kai Dub or Z Sub.
If I were you, I would go through DB-Z-GT all together Subbed in Japanese, the way it was meant to be seen, rather than watch the English Dub from 1999. Many of us English-speakers here on the forums were unable to see it that way for our first time watching Dragon Ball.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

BobBob

Post by BobBob » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi everyone!

It’s hard to think up of an introduction that doesn’t sound like you’re on one of those old 80s/90s dating shows isn’t it?

With that said, my name is BobBob and I am 32 years old. I’ve known about the site for quite some time, mostly visiting the main site and it’s predecessors, but never getting involved in the forum. Mostly because of just flat out laziness. I’ve been a fan of Dragon Ball since, I want to say, it’s first Toonami run in 1998. This was probably my favorite part of my fandom because of how much of an ordeal it was to watch the show. I grew up in a Bible Belt kind of community where anime (and just about all other kinds of non approved media) were evil, so getting to watch the show was an ordeal. The stories I could tell about what my friends and I went through to watch the show! I honestly probably love the franchise as much as I do because of those memories attached to it.

Anyway, time goes by, and I dropped the series and got into American comics instead because that was a more acceptable version of a super powered hero type story and I didn’t get shit for enjoying it, but I still followed what was going on in the Dragon Ball franchise and purchased the games that came out in the interim as well as streaming media from dubious that was not available in the states at the time. Fast forward a decade and a half, met my wife, who while not a Dragon Ball fan herself, is a rather big fan of several other anime series, completely supported my love of the series, and essentially reignited my fandom for it. With Super, we watched the series together with our toddlers, and while the series had its issues, there is a magic to watching the show with your kids and seeing them completely entranced by it.

And that’s my introduction! Thanks for having me and I hope to have some fun discussions in the future!
In baking, you can never have simple, healthy, and tasty. You can have tasty and healthy, you can have simple and tasty, and sometimes you can even have simple and healthy. But all three? That’s a unicorn.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:04 am

Hey guys, I'm ShadowVezon (Dominodalek in some circles) and my discovery of this site was I believe several months ago when I was searching for information on Dragon Ball Heroes. Since then I've been waiting for registration to go back online so that I could discuss it with people who know what they're talking about, and now I'm here.

Skarsolos
Patreon Supporter

Post by Skarsolos » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Hello everyone,

The road to Kanzenshuu began with me being curious about Dragon Ball Super. I started watching Super when the Tournament of Power was airing, and had about 10 Episodes left. I has seen some articles about Super over the years but didn't feel particularly interested in checking it out. In fact, there was an article with the title "Goku gets another transformation" which caused me to roll my eyes. During this time I had introduced my wife to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and that was a great experience. I was looking on Crunchyroll for something else to watch with her, and had been idly looking through the selections. I passed Super by a few times, but then decided that I would check out the first episode. Honestly, it didn't blow me away but it did make me smile. I decided to look up some more information on the show after watching the first episode and discovered that Toriyama had been involved in Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F. Due to this, I went and checked those movies out. Battle of the Gods really had me grinning and enjoying myself, and I actually started to feel excited about Dragon Ball again. Resurrection F was okay in comparison, but still really fun.
So I went and watched more Super and was kind of annoyed with the show during the Resurrection F part. After that I continued watching and when I got to the Tournament of Power my wife started to watch with me. She sort-of hate watched it with me at first, she had decided in years past that there was no way she would ever like Dragon Ball. However, she kept watching with me. One thing about the experience that stood out to me was that I really wanted to go back re-watch Z. So after the show ended I thought of ways I might be able to get my Wife to watch Z with me. Eventually I found out that the Buu arc had finally been released for Kai, and I hadn't seen that version before so I thought maybe I could start there. Since the arc starts with Gohan in High School I thought maybe I could hook my Wife in that way, she likes High School/Slice of life anime. She reluctantly watched it with me, but despite herself got interested, with Gohan being her favorite character.
I had to go to a conference out of town for a week and she asked me if she could keep watching while I was gone. Since this was a different version of the Buu arc that I hadn't seen before I said "no." However, I said that if she was really interested in the show she should get my Kai Blu-Rays of Z before the Buu arc and catch up. She was kind of torn about this but then decided to do it. During the week I was gone she texted me frequently about the show, and really got pumped during the first Goku/Vegeta fight. It made me smile seeing her experiencing it for herself and enjoying it. Her new favorite character is Vegeta, with Gohan being 2nd. She hates Goku.
When I got back, she was basically a full-fledged fan now, and had decided to watch Super herself from the beginning. I had her skip the first 2 seasons and watch the movies instead. We started getting into Dragon Ball more and more. We purchased artwork, and we went to Dallas Fan Days to check out the Dragon Ball North American Tour. I bought Dragon Ball FighterZ, and she kicks my but with her Vegeta team all the time. We went to see Dragon Ball Super: Broly in the theater when it came out.
I work about 45 minutes away from where we live, and I really like listening to podcasts. Since we had gotten in to Dragon Ball so much I thought maybe I should check out what podcasts existed for Dragon Ball. I found the Daizenshuu podcast and was delighted with how detailed and interesting the Dragon Ball information has been. Honestly I love listening to the podcast, and am listening to the back catalog now. The podcast led me to this excellent site, and this cool community. I couldn't be happier.
“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”

― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

word360

Post by word360 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Hello Kanzenshuu! :wave: I've actually known about this place for quite a while, and lurked on DBS watch threads a few times.

I guess what finally got me to join was that a few of my mutuals for Twitter are on here, plus my desire to interact more with other DB fans outside of there. This is basically my first proper forum I've joined in a looooong time, since Newgrounds many years ago. Looking forward to having a great time here!
An interloper. Just some guy who loves Dragon Ball, and most things Dragon Ball-related.

Also @word360 on Twitter.

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 am

I knew about the site since 2007 (probably), I discovered the podcast in 2011, learned about the forum in 2013, but I only joined the community almost in 2020, out of pure laziness really (wtf?). :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 pm

word360 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:24 pm Hello Kanzenshuu! :wave: I've actually known about this place for quite a while, and lurked on DBS watch threads a few times.

I guess what finally got me to join was that a few of my mutuals for Twitter are on here, plus my desire to interact more with other DB fans outside of there. This is basically my first proper forum I've joined in a looooong time, since Newgrounds many years ago. Looking forward to having a great time here!
Heeey!!!!!!!! I see you!!! Great to have you on board here, too! :p
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

word360

Post by word360 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:22 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 pm
Heeey!!!!!!!! I see you!!! Great to have you on board here, too! :p
Thanks, stranger :wink: :wave:
An interloper. Just some guy who loves Dragon Ball, and most things Dragon Ball-related.

Also @word360 on Twitter.

mrsilentq

Post by mrsilentq » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi everyone. Even though I was just another standard American kid who got into Dragonball & DBZ simultaneously in the early 2000's, I didn't learn about Kanzenshuu until after the end of Dragon Ball Super. Not sure how I missed it, but I don't think younger me understood or particularly wanted to partake on forum discussion. Even now it's a very light touch, which is probably healthy(?). Anyways, you can thank YouTube for recommending AnimeAjay's videos/breakdowns to me sometime during the Tournament of Power arc, which I greatly enjoyed and added another layer of entertainment to watching the anime. I saw on Twitter that he shared he was a guest on the Kanzenshuu podcast to discuss this arc as a whole, and that was really it. I really enjoy podcasts, especially when I'm commuting to work or doing any kind of housework, so I began listening to it from the very beginning. The podcast has been very enlightening to me, teaching me a great deal, and making me a better fan of Dragonball hopefully lol. So it's only natural I checked out the site as it is recommended every single episode, and see the wealth of material here! It's very impressive, and I'm just hoping that more big DB stuff is coming sooner than later so I can be part of the hype and discussion.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Got into DBZ when Toonami started airing it in 1998, though I didn't know what anime was until after high school when I discovered "Uncensored" websites for anime like DBZ, Yugioh, Pokemon and Sailor Moon. I didn't discover the existence of this site until last year, I found some of the discussions genuinely fascinating and I was eager to get in, checking every day to see if registration was open, then once I saw a bunch of newbie accounts posting I immediately jumped in and i'm glad I did.

I've started listening to the podcast from the beginning, so far i'm on episode 20 so i've got a long ways to go to get caught up. I love listening to it while i'm playing a game.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 am

Hi everyone, been a huge fan of DBZ since I was about 15 (in the early 2000's) and my love for it is still strong. I've seen DBZ more times than I can count and I'm almost done on my second viewing of DBS. I have the original Dragon Ball and DBGT but haven't watched them yet, but they are next on the list after DBS. Looking forward to the discussions here!

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:17 am

Greetings, I'm from Italy and I'm a guy who has recently gone back to Dragon Ball.

I was lurking a bunch here, discovering this forum, but that was the time in which registrations were blocked. Thanks to this, I've decided to get back into Dragonball.

Also recently purchased DBFZ and I'm planning to get fairly proficient with the game, I'm finding it very fun thus far. I'm kinda late on all of this but I'll catch up. Also I really like videogames.

Hope we can get along!
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

marumuju
Patreon Supporter

Post by marumuju » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi!

I’m another re-discoverer. I read the manga religiously as a kid and watched the anime when coming back from school. I think I even used to write some fanfiction about DBZ. Ah, the youth! Then I “grew up”, packed the manga to a box and never read it… Until recently. I happened to read a couple of volumes, and I noticed that it still excites me the same way as it did when I was young. Although back then I was entranced more by power levels and fights, now I’m more into the manga production and other behind-the-scenes stuff. Back in the olden times I used to gush by myself, but it's nice that I found Kanzenshuu this time around so that I know there are others too.

See you around! :wave:

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first post for what...6 years? Lol. :oops:

I've been following this site for I'm not sure, I think early 2010s.

I guess I made this account one day and just forgot about it's existence? I was trying to make a new account but I decided to type all my emails in the forgot my password thing and one of my emails had an account made, so.... here I am now. :P

Wanted to make an account/sign in so I could comment on this one thread I've been following because I haven't seen something brought up yet.

I guess this is my main Kanzenshuu account until the other account goes through so I can have my preferred Username.

Also a little off-topic but does anyone know the most popular Naruto fourm website?