Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Your "Daizenshuu EX" Introduction

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Whoa, that dates back to 2003-04. It was much later in 2005 that I started my board account.

How I found it??? Hell, it was Google and my desperation to find Tapion theme from Movie 13 :D
What I found was techno remix and some cool other mp3's I enjoyed for a while, but what really got me
was info.
Everything I ever found on net about Dragon Ball was about American version of Dragon Ball.
Begining with official sites (BTW, Z had that cool flash site with characters popping up and saying those lines. If I remember right, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Freeza, Cell and Buu.
That was really awesome by the way at that time :))), ending with videos of US dub.
We were familiar with the French, German and Japanese version (!satellites!) and when we saw the US episodes with friend by chance at night, we were like, sorry: WHAT THE F**k!!!!!????
You know, maybe kids in US have the same reaction over the Jap. version, but really, what punched us hardest were those cuts and weird graphic effects accompanied by some weird mix of rock, techno and ambient. One of the most surrealist things I ever saw in my life. (note: It was that famous Saban version)

Ok, ok, that was way back before I discovered this site, but it has a point. What I really like about DaizenshuuEX is it's purity policy.
When I came here, I finally found some relevant info and what I really enjoyed a lot was Ask Daizenshuu Ex (wasn't that VegettoEX before?),
I spent hours reading all those answers and correcting all that urban myths the fans were spreading around. Mostly on US and Polish forums.
There is a very little fanbase in CZ and most of the fans of my generation were watching Polish dub (or overdub), because that's the only simmilar language (but really a little, intersection between Czech, Slovak and Russian :D) to Czech, so there almost everyone here used Polish names etc. unfortunately including P. bullshit, which contained that famous AF.
Remember that two czech sites dedicated whole section for it with ''OFFICIAL STORY'' translated from Polish.....

So Daizex helped me from all this bullshit and message board later saved me from all this fanidiocy over the net, where kids are swearing and hating each about ''Brolli is able to change his fists into two huge catterpillars'' statements and you know what I mean.
Only section I'm avoiding is In-Universe discussion :D
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Sorry for offtopic, is there a slight possibilty that anyone here has some screencaps or ''rarely'' a backup of old dragonballz.com?
That page really was cool.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

K.O. Ken

Post by K.O. Ken » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 pm

When I first heard of DaizenshuuEX, I thought it was "just another DBZ fansite." Then I listened to a few podcast episodes and thought "man, these guys are serious nerds!"

But something kept me listening (most likely my inner DBZ fan), so I did, and eventually I thought "eh, these guys aint so bad."

Fast forward to a over a year later, I frickin' love the show.

Mike, Meri, Julian, etc. I love these guys. Since I've been listening for just little over a year, I've gone back to the very beginning of the podcast, to episode 1, and I'm currently at episode 27. I hope to be all caught up by the end of the year (not likely though).

I decided to finally join the message boards and became a regular sender of emails and questions to the podcast, and hopefully, a regular member who doesnt just lurk.

Long live DaizEX!
"But it's pronounced Kaioken!"
"That's the joke."

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultramancronos/

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:23 am

*Disclaimer* I own Dragon Ball on all 5 season sets, and Dragon Ball Z on the Dragon Boxes. I don't own GT, nor have I watched it.

I can't remember exactly how I found here because my memory is somewhat skewed... But I think I can piece it together. I saw this video (also this video*, but I didn't get the 9000 reference) and it made me remember the Dragon Ball franchise, which I had never really gotten into. In fact, as a kid, I thought Dragon Ball Z was stupid. I remember watching maybe three episodes, those being the one where Kuririn almost gets married (I remember the part when his jaw literally dropped), the one where Boo makes a house and Goku goes to heaven, and an episode where Mr. Satan messes around at Boo's house. I only watched when I went to my neighbor's house, because he loved the show.

However, I remember watching Dragon Ball episode 13 (the 2001 dub) and liking it. In fact, in my mind I formed a prejudice against DBZ, but a liking toward DB. Never followed up on either, and promptly forgot about the franchise until I saw a commercial for Dragon Ball Evolution. Thank God I never watched the movie, I guess. Anyway, after seeing about two videos in that Let's Play, I decided to take on the task of watching through DB and DBZ (somehow I knew to avoid GT.) I know y'all don't like hearing this, but... I watched the dub of Dragon Ball in a form that was not the official release. Sue me, right? And if you don't want to hear about it, stop reading now because I'm gonna mention it a few times more. :roll: So from about April to July 2010, I watched the dub of Dragon Ball. My website of Dragon Ball facts? The Dragon Ball Wikia. No I'm serious, you can actually sue me this time. *Controversy warning* My DB watching method also had DBZ available, but I still had a problem with it. It was the 276 episode version! DB Wiki said something about "Uncut vs. Edited" Z dub, and also something about "Funimation vs. Ocean" Z dub. This is where I learned about the multiple dubs of the series, and also probably where I first saw the "over 9000" video, because I probably searched "Ocean vs. Funi" on Youtube, and saw a comparison between the "over 9000" scenes in both dubs. And then I was like, "Ohhhhh... so THAT's what that video* was about.

Alright, I'm getting a little bit closer to how I found this site... Anyway, in the "Over 9000" comparison video, (I could find it for you, but there are a bunch on Youtube by now) the Japanese version was included. This was my first exposure to the Japanese version. *More Controversy* It was pretty obvious that the music was different in all three (Ocean, Funi, Japanese), and I knew that the show was made in Japan, so the obvious conclusion was that the Japanese music was the original. I saw some comments on Youtube judging the Kikuchi score to be dated and boring, but I was convinced that I would hear the original score. I knew that the Kikuchi score was amazing, because I had heard it all through Dragon Ball! I would not be jipped by the replacement scores, nor by the edited dub/276 episode version. So I set out on what seemed to be an impossible journey to find the English dub of Z... with the Kikuchi music. Watching the original Japanese version didn't even cross my mind, can't remember why. Anyway, while searching for the Japanese music to Dragon Ball on Youtube, I found the Japanese opening and closing songs for all the series. This is when I looked for the lyrics and found Julian's translations. I didn't find the rest of the site or the forums until later.

Around this time I gave up on finding DBZ with the Kikuchi score, and it dawned on me that there was probably a home release (duhhrr). I learned about the season sets and the Dragon Boxes from various websites. Then I went into panic mode. I read on both the Funi forums, and on some other message board (I think the name was "Daizex") that the Dragon Boxes were going to be limited. This was in the Autumn of 2010. Somewhere in there I started following Daizenshuu EX. I figured out that those translations I liked so much were from here, I began lurking on these forums, and I started listening to the podcast. I was still adamant about watching the dub, but I guess Mike (on the podcast) talked me out of it? :P Apparently you're really good at that, man. So now you have me, officially a Japanese version fan, with no way to watch the show. I'll have you know I never went back to my little "source," and so I waited until Christmas, because I had asked my folks for a little starter set for the Dragon Ball TV show. Should I mention I'm in High School? Anyway they came up with that, and I was impressed. What's funny is that my mom (coordinator of Christmas presents) accidentally bought all nine orange bricks (yearghh!) from Amazon.com after I specifically showed her, "here look, these orange ones aren't good, don't buy them. Oh but look, these yellow ones are nice and special, buy these!" She was able to send 'em back, full refund. Whatever, it got sorted out, and I ended up with the first three DB season sets, and the four Dragon Boxes that were out at the time. Yay! Commence legal Dragon Ball Z watching fest!

I'd already seen DB dubbed, and I heard that the dub wasn't that bad, so started right at Dragon Box episode one. On January first, I made my first Youtube channel , and put up some videos that I made. About March-time, I uploaded some Dragon Box clips, and got a strike on my account. Then I learned that you can't upload unlimited time videos with a strike, so I closed my account. It makes me sad that I had to close it... But I made a new one, and I recently got the memo that I can have no-time-limit videos! Anyway, rewind a little bit, and in the first week of March, I tried to create an account here on the forums. March 1, 2011, 6:31 PM I got the email that an admin would approve my account, and I waited. My username was to be "Zestanor" which had been my online alias since 2007, when my bud convinced me to play Runescape. I also used it on BZPower, Zeldadungeon, Minecraft, Wikipedia, etc., etc., and both my Youtube Channels. If you search me on Google, well... yeah. Then on the 27th, I shot Mr. VegettoEX an email to remind him to approve my account, or something. He said that my application had gotten cleared out with some spam accounts! I forgive him. Next day, boom! Here I am, how are you?

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 pm

I don't know how I found this. I only really joined because I was bored and lonely and wanted to speak to new people and make buddies. You'd think a 24 Japanese-Canadian could do that easily, but he can't. And thus 公平なドラゴンボールZ is here!
Has anyone seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's GREEEEENNNN!! HAHAHHAHAHA!! Funi dub Raditz
'Let's hold off on the trophy Majin Boo!' Brad Swaile as Teen Gohan
http://www.youtube.com/ My channel RenewedTenjin.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm

I think I got hooked up in 2006 from a thread on the Funimation forums asking what the best DBZ sites were. Almost everyone pointed to this site, so I had a look around. When I was writing the Z Music album, this was a good place to get more candid reviews from people (and a good place to promote). Elsewhere people tended to praise stuff all the time but I seemed to get some pretty honest and true feedback here. I attribute that to the nice mix of dub and Japanese fans. I know everyone says this site is Japanese weighted, but I don't know if I totally agree. It seems like all the sites I've been on have a similar ratio of Japanese\dub fans.

I actually dropped off the Funimation forums a while back, though I'm browsing today because of this thread.

I find this site has the most active DB community of any that I've seen, and more people who appreciate having one of the old Faulconer team members around.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 pm

I first found the site in 2007 when I watched the Inconsistency videos on YouTube (It was the one concerning Vegeta seeing Goku as a Super Saiyan on Namek). The video had a link to the podcast episode and I've been hooked ever since.

PorungasWrath

Post by PorungasWrath » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm

I found your old site during maintenance and came when this site was about 3 days away of being made. so I'm a total "newbie" (woo first post haha) :mrgreen:

PiscesCaballero

Post by PiscesCaballero » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello! I'm PiscesCaballero. You can find me under same username in other forums namely Howlongtobeat, Saint Seiya Fan Forums,and Sailor Moon Forums.

I read the Dragon Ball manga about 2 weeks ago and fell in love with the series.Though I was what was dubbed as a "light fan"-I only watched whatever of Kai showed as well as some random clips and episodes of Dragon Ball Z on the web. However the manga made me fall in love with the series as a REAL GENUINE fan.

However Dragon Ball isn't my favorite series-that would go to Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon(about tied) and if you're fans of those two series feel free to PM me for chats about those two series. I also love Diablo, Spongebob Sqaurepants, and Cutie Honey.

I got a lot of things I want to discuss with other fans about the Dragon Ball franchise! Hence I joined here! :mrgreen:

Mr.Boo

Post by Mr.Boo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 am

I first spotted this place a year or so ago, actually registered a few months ago, and then promptly forgot about it.

However, I've been getting back into DB lately, and in terms of an intellectual/knowledgeable forum to discuss things with other fans, there doesn't seem to be one better than this.

Running Wild

Post by Running Wild » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am

I've been a longtime follower of the DragonBall web community since the early days of Planet Namek, I just always... lurked. Thankfully Daizenshuu continues to live on, and it's still one of the most informative DB sites on the web.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 pm

I saw this site sometime in the last few months and started lurking to get a feel for the place. The community is small, but highly dedicated and the encyclo is filled with details. So I thought this would be a better place to stick around than on one of the other semi-put together sites. This one has the best presentation I've seen yet.

@Running Wild. Please tell me you got the name from the band Running Wild.

Running Wild

Post by Running Wild » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm

OzzyApu wrote:@Running Wild. Please tell me you got the name from the band Running Wild.
Nope, Hulk Hogan and Terry Bogard.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Thu May 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Surprisingly, I just figured out about this site. :shock: I've lurked around the online Dragon Ball community for a really long time but this site really seems dedicated like many other users have already said.

I was on YouTube doing my thing, searching DBZ related videos and stuff, then I saw a group of videos about Daizenshuu EX.

So then I decided to do some research on it. I knew I had heard something about it before a while back. I found this site and figured out what it was about, joined instantly. I was so happy when I finally got the account activation email. :)

I'm shocked I haven't ever been on this site until 2012. I've been a hugely obsessed with anything and everything Dragon Ball related for mostly my entire life, meaning ever since I was around 5 or 6 when it was on Toonami.

Watched it every single day for years on Toonami. I kept wanting to learn more and more about the Dragon Ball. I collected the figures, cards, movies, episodes, games, and everything. Still do.

I'm very VERY glad to finally be part of the Kanzenshuu community. I'm very excited to get settled here and discuss things in the forums. (:
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

RobinGoon

Post by RobinGoon » Thu May 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi, I am RobinGoon. My other name is Nickymozine, from other sites... I guess you could call me Nick... I guess lol. Well! Hello Everyone! ^_^'

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu May 24, 2012 4:26 am

What's up new posters!? I love seeing new members for some reason. :mrgreen: Well I'm posting here because I don't remember ever introducing myself on the board. I've been lurking here around 06, joined in 08. I just wanted to post my thoughts about the dragonball evolution movie lol. And as of now I visit the forums very often.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 am

Hello Kanzenshuu, I'm ShinGaijin, 27 years old, moderator/raw hunter from the french information/fansub site http://www.db-z.com/, you can find me on the chinese site http://speedsub.uueasy.com/ too.

I knew this site by looking for stuffs about FUNimation...I've found so much more! :)

I finally decided to join this awesome forum, just want to discuss and learn more about all the versions of Dragon Ball/Z/Kai/GT.
French version of Dragon Ball Z is sooo bad, that's why I watched all the others versions (Original Japanese Dragon Box, FUNimation's Digitally Remastered, Ocean's dub).That's why I'm here, we can talk about it easily, 90% of french fans never heard about FUNimation, Ocean, Bruce Faulconer, Shuki Levy, "It's over 9000 :D " and other stuffs like that.

If only FUNimation could release the digitally remastered DVD sets in France....AB Group DVD's are so bad (it looks like HK's olds VCDs :? ).... :evil:

About Kai, I loved the HDTV version, but,after the Yamamoto's scandal, the Blu Ray releases sucks.I'll keep my HDTV raws and that's all. :lol:

Your site is just amazing, keep up the good work guys ! Sorry for my bad english, see you. :oops:

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strife1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Hello! :D
I've just recently joined Kanzenshuu, although i've known about the site for months. I found you guys while looking for a dbo timeline(i'm a real fan of dbz by the way (Shocker!)) Anyways I hope to help you guys with whatever you need, improve this forum and you knowledge of dbz, and overall just enjoy myself.

tysonwritesel

Post by tysonwritesel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 am

I've been a member for a long time and I just want to say Thank You for keeping the site alive and going. Good job.
tysonwritesel, @Kanzenshuu member for 9 years, 2 months, 29 days! ***3-18-2004***

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 am

The first time I stumbled upon this site was when I was Google searching if there were any Nintendo 64 Dragon Ball games ( the answer is no by the way) and I saw a thread asking the same question, but more in the lines of "why wasn't there one". Anyway, I didn't think much of the site and was only here to see the responses, which I remember being entertaining to read.

Eventually, during the beginning of my obsession with Team Four Star's abridged series, I looked up their website to find any content, links, bonuses, etc. In need of a good Dragon Ball forum as my then current site for Dragon Ball related discussions was pretty "meh" and dull. That site was....*gulp* the Dragon Ball Wiki. So, getting back on track, I notice a particular address on the bottom of the TFS site called "Daizenshuu EX". Curious of the site due to it's really attractive sounding title, I clicked only to find my self be immersed with hours of podcasts and site content. I barely got my homework done that day either (I'm holding you responsible, VegettoEX :P ). It wasn't until either the next day or two until I discovered that it actually had a forum. So I hopped on, made the stupidest username to ever grace the human mouth and the rest is procrastination history!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.