Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:44 pm

I had heard of Daizenshuu EX on two separate occasions before I ever came to the site.

The first involved finding a video of the DBGT epilogue, with what I think was 'sreanime.net' in the address for DEX.

The second had to do with links involving the "This is DBZ Life" video. Many of them seemed to lead back to some sort of pokeball.net server, and none of them worked.

... there were also a few promises of 'Daizenshuu EX is coming back soon! Really. Really it is!'... but considering I didn't really know the site at that point, it had no impact on me.

I surfed on over to this website following a random DB search on Google, I think. I'm not wholly certain. I just know that I saw this site upon its 'rebirth'... and as soon as I got a good look at Daizenshuu EX and its initial content, I was stuck on it. :D Been visiting frequently since then.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:49 pm

I was thinking it was scranime. VegettoEX? Anybody?

Sorry, it's not that important. Cool, though.

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:52 pm

According to this random link, it's sreanime.

I should note that the quality of the DBGT epilogue was crappy, which is unsurprising. :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:14 pm

Did you just google to find proof? If you did, I'm happy. I'm hoping to find somebody else who uses google as often as I do, using it to find sites, proof, and whatever... And you just mentioned it in the other post, too...

I just really like Google. And gmail. And blogger. Google owns.

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:31 pm

Indeed I did! I'm guessing Temple o Trunks used to exist as trunks.sreanime.net, as well.

It's always good to find those who make use of Google... for those who don't, slyly and subtly hand them this link.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:56 pm

I love to use Google, but if we give them that link from now on, we'll lose the respect of the masses!

What respect?

*Remembers Link*

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:59 pm

I only remember TOT being at dbcollection.com/trunks, I think it was /trunks... or was it /tot, /templeotrunks, I don't know. I've confused myself.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:10 pm

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:22 pm

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:02 pm

I started coming to DaizenshuuEX years ago (don't remember exactly when), but I plumb forgot about it. I only recently found it again while searching for info on DBZ Gaiden.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Hikari_dashita
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hikari_dashita » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:55 am

Me, i found this site as a Fanfic site i go on had it linked. Dragoness Eclectic's site i think. Meh, wish she'd hurry up and add the next chapter to her current work in progress.

But as to the google comments, excellent search engine, want a g-mail account though.

Also I actually found the temple of trunks before this place, kinda helps when you actually think of trunks as one of your favourite chars. The Kawaii lavender hair i think is what makes me like him butt, it could be the way he drags Goten along even when he doesn't want to.
NEKOJIN =^.^=

Nekojin =^.^=

Ya I like cat people so what?

plusloud

More ramblings from stupid ol' me.

Post by plusloud » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:41 am

... I think Matsuoka Masahiro is to blame.

Back when #namek and #spiritworld were the closest things to The Breakfast Club and Empire Records you could find, I spent most of my time browsing my manga, idly looking for anything of remote trivial interest to memorize and forget about as soon as (insert X^3-site here) updated. I don't know for sure if I ever really befriended anyone in the DB community at the time; frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if James, Ryan, Sherwin, or Mike all completely hated my guts.

By some sick twist of fate, I started listening to a few Japanese pop/rock bands during the first or second childhood of VegEXHP. I was surprised to find that one of the bands I was getting into at the time, TOKIO, had some DB credit to its name ("Solid State Scouter"). While evading a World History paper, somewhere on IRC I noticed that some punk claiming to be VegettoEX was online. So I PM'd him and asked for proof.

I dunno... but I think it was him. We discussed TOKIO for a while, then I went to sleep. As the months progressed, I talked with more of the DB community (and got periodically banned by a few, but ah well). If you ever saw some retard alt+F4 Java users out of #namek, that might have been me. If you saw some prick challenge strangers in trivia, DB or otherwise, it damn well could have been me. If you saw someone beg for hot anal e-sex, it was Jon. But he was probably kidding.

Once PN closed down, I gradually stopped caring about DB, and anime/manga altogether. Honoring friendships I had made in the past, I checked around every now and then to see if any kind of revival was to be made. No such revival ever came to exist; that is, until DaizEX was reborn.

So yeah. I still talk way too much. -_-
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:54 am

That's cool about you getting into Tokio and discovering shortly after they were involved in DBZ. A lot of people actually think the other boy group Tokio was the one that made that song when it's actually another Tokio. Very confusing though, to have two seperate artists with the same name, so I don't blame them. :?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:55 am

We had always thought it was the same band... *shrugs* There was never any indication to believe otherwise, but it does indeed seem to be totally unrelated.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:57 am

Well, the thing is SSS sounds nothing like any of their earlier stuff (maybe Julia mixed in with Atatte Kudakero, but still). JPOP TOKIO did the opener for Kodomo no Omocha, which I'm assuming came out around the time of the song SSS's release. I could be completely wrong though.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:31 am

Well now I have no idea what to think. As Kiriyama and I have been talking and we can't find a definite answer as to whether it's the same TOKIO or not. Someone help us so we can have a definite answer to this!!! :cry:

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:47 am

Point: In the credits for the song "Solid State Scouter," only the vocal credit has anything to do with a band called TOKIO. This implies that the TOKIO here could be something completely different, noting that the voice in "Solid State Scouter" sounds NOTHING like NAGASE Tomoya.

Counterpoint: One online radio service lists "Solid State Scouter" in a directory of TOKIO songs along with several of the JPOP band's better-known hits. This could be a simple error in judgment, or it could mean that JPOP TOKIO is indeed somehow related to "Solid State Scouter."

My guess sides with the former.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:50 am

See why it's sooooooooooooooo confusing!!!!! :cry: Maybe Greg knows? Greg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hopes that her voice is loud enough for him to hear all the way in Japan*

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:00 pm

Aaaaannnnd.... back on topic for this special thead :P I apologize for helping it skew a little bit ^^;;

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:08 pm

Oh yes, sorry EX, that was my fault. :oops: