Toys and Merch Section

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Toys and Merch Section

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:38 am

There sure are a lot of threads about toys and other merchandise. I'm not particularly interested in Dragon Ball toys, and I'm probably not the only one. Do you think it would be beneficial to create a section for Toys and Merchandise? We have Video Games and Music, I think a toys section would fit nicely. And it's a niche just like those topics. Perhaps not as big, but it certainly would make the General Discussion less crowded.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:32 am

I was actually planning on bringing up the same thing after all of the toys threads the other day, so I agree.

Sometimes I'd like to ask for help, but don't want to crowd General Discussion.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 am

This is probably a good idea. There are a lot of threads about general merchandise, not just toys.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Sometimes I'd like to ask for help, but don't want to crowd General Discussion.
Help with toys? There have been a lot of 'what is this' and stuff. I think it's all suited for it's own section. But it's really up to VegettoEX.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 am

I'll give it some thought. Right now, I don't see it being wholly necessary. If that changes over time (especially if the new "refresh" does anything to even further complicate and expand-upon the amount of new merch available), then it may be time.

For now, I think it's working OK. I'm always very hesitant to add new sections to the forum, due to a variety of reasons which would take a really long time to outline. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I'll give it some thought. Right now, I don't see it being wholly necessary. If that changes over time (especially if the new "refresh" does anything to even further complicate and expand-upon the amount of new merch available), then it may be time.

For now, I think it's working OK. I'm always very hesitant to add new sections to the forum, due to a variety of reasons which would take a really long time to outline. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Instead of adding a new forum, you could rename the video game forum, as VGs are merchandise.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:20 pm

You can always go to www.dragonballtoys.com for the latest in all DB related toys.
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Minigt wrote:You can always go to www.dragonballtoys.com for the latest in all DB related toys.
Yeah, but Oldphan seems to report most new stuff here aswell, anyway.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Minigt wrote:You can always go to www.dragonballtoys.com for the latest in all DB related toys.
Yeah, but Oldphan seems to report most new stuff here aswell, anyway.
I think she is the primary reason for this thread existing. :lol:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.