How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Took a page from jpdbzrulz4sure and decided to use my dog.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:04 am

I've been watching the original Hunter x Hunter anime for the first time and have really been enjoying it, so I decided to make an avatar of the series' main character, Gon.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Recently have been checking out the forums after not coming here for awhile, so decided to change to a new avatar while I was at it. I'm currently sporting the Vegeta with scouter picture I took for some wacky forum thread from a few years back. I've always had Vegeta avatars (sometimes with Bulma), but this time he's in a different form than usual ^_^
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 am

Shiyonasan wrote:I've been watching the original Hunter x Hunter anime for the first time and have really been enjoying it, so I decided to make an avatar of the series' main character, Gon.
You should start with the remake since the old one had its flaws.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:I've been watching the original Hunter x Hunter anime for the first time and have really been enjoying it, so I decided to make an avatar of the series' main character, Gon.
I like the old anime better. Even the filler scenes were nice (Gon meeting Killua, Kurapika meeting Senritsu, the gorilla-girl from the elevator).
Also, the fights were better and there was blood.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:I like the old anime better. Even the filler scenes were nice (Gon meeting Killua, Kurapika meeting Senritsu, the gorilla-girl from the elevator).
Also, the fights were better and there was blood.
I'll go off-topic for a bit.

Never watched the old series. I wanted to, but the remake made me change my mind. Especially since it's more faithful than the old series.

The old series had more blood?

Anyway, this is not a HxH forum, and I already have my problems with the GEEWUNS of HxH.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
I have not seen the newer anime yet, but I will have to side with Wobbuffet for this discussion. I am not aware of what is and isn't filler in the series since I haven't read the manga. To be honest, I haven't found a part of the original anime that I don't like so far. I am pretty near the end of the anime and have liked basically everything I've seen so far. The only major flaw I've heard about for the original anime is its ending. Apparently, the ending is why the three OVAs were created.

Since I haven't watched the newer anime yet, I can't give a fair opinion yet. I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the original anime so far and, if there are any flaws, I haven't noticed them.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail this thread anymore. Just had to reply to you since I hadn't had the chance until now.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:07 am

Had been watching my Dragon Boxes 5-7 a lot recently, and got into the "We Gotta Power" intro song. Goku is my favorite character, so I found this cool little image of that scene where he's dead in the other world and grabs Kaio and Bubbles with Gregory in the back ground, as he has that trademark Goku grin on. I loved it. Really don't plan on ever changing it. It's perfect. Same with my sig. I prefer the original version, and that's how your supposed to say Dragon Ball Z!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

I was watching Dragon Box Z Six today, and while this was an overall poorly-animated episode, this reaction shot was priceless.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, for the first time in 7 or 8 years of using Photobucket, as far as I know, this is the first time my bandwidth has ever been used up. As a result, I'm going to be using this Female Ranma avatar from Ranma 1/2 Movie 2 for the rest of the month.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 pm

I like the warrior type Namekians...so I decided to use one, but from the DBO universe!! 
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 am

I've been trying to find an avatar that I would want to keep for a long time, then I found this. A gif of Kane, back when he wore his full mask aka in his prime.

Edit: Changed it to his first night of re-masking, since it was an epic moment.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 pm

My avatar is the cover art for Spawn #50 but the eyes glow green which is pretty cool looking.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:07 pm

I was reading the manga when I saw that image as one of the chapter titles. The image of Piccolo driving always makes me smile.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm

My obsession for the past....idk, year or so, is Maka Albarn...and her "Game Face" is irresistible
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 am

To celebrate the merger, and having bigger avatar sizes available, I decieded to put my two big fandoms together in one avatar, Megaman and Dragonball. :)
-Laserkid

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 am

I always liked this scene in movie 6, so I decided to make a GIF and made that my avatar for a while. Since this is a Dragon Ball site, it's nice to go back to Dragon Ball avatars now and then.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 pm

It's Yarizui Sen from Bentou, one of my favorite animated series' in years. She's so cool~!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Redid my avatar. The original was sourced from the FUNimation single DVD, and I redid it using the Double Feature footage. I did this because even though I overall prefer the single due to colors and details that were removed because of the brightening of the Double Feature, one of the areas the single is inferior in is, of course, the interlacing and frame-blending. Usually you can get all of the original frames separate from the blended ones, but this scene is so fast that some frames are irreversibly blended, so it hurt the flow of the animation in the avatar. An easy way to compare the smoothness is by looking at the animation of the dirt being kicked up by Goku and Coola.

Fortunately the scene on the Double Feature wasn't one of the over-brightened ones, so I decided to use that as a source for my avatar instead. I think I also framed it better and aligned the frames more accurately.

Here's the previous one for comparison:

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I want to ask if you guys can see my avatar. For some reason in the past, when I would refresh a page, my avatar disappears and it just says " User Avatar". Well two days ago I accidentally hit refresh and this time it won't come back. Before I would just go to my user CP and re enter the avatar and it would come back. This time it's not and it's pissing me off. I'm wondering if you guys are seeing the same thing I am, and also if anyone has any advice for how I can fix this. It's not just this one image, any image I try fails. It will appear for like 3-4 seconds right after I choose it on my user CP, then disappear and just say "user avatar". :cry: Lame... I don't know how to fix this.

It's Trunks sword slash. I recently watched the episode where he goes Ssj and kills Freeza, and that music that plays as he's going super saiyan is just so damn epic. Future Trunks is one of the most interesting and badass characters of Dragon Ball.
If you guys can see it and only I can't than I guess I can live with that. This is some annoying BS though... :x