How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:12 am

It's a pretty dang good avatar, I tell you what.

I chose this picture because there's no better Gohan than drunk Gohan.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:19 am

The Time Traveller wrote:It's a pretty dang good avatar, I tell you what.
I know! It is perfect! It even has his wrinkly green shirt, and his dark skin with extra wrinkles on it so he looks a bit older! It even has his house!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
I know! It is perfect! It even has his wrinkly green shirt, and his dark skin with extra wrinkles on it so he looks a bit older! It even has his house!
Isn't his shirt usually white though...?

Um, propane and propane accesories...
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:27 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
Isn't his shirt usually white though...?

Um, propane and propane accesories...
Haha, it is my friend, it is... 8)
(I tried to make the picture look as funny as possible... I might make another attempt at it...)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I chose the Pokemon Ho-oh to be my Avatar because I just recently added him to my team in Emerald. :D
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:58 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:I chose the Pokemon Ho-oh to be my Avatar because I just recently added him to my team in Emerald. :D
Yeah. I'm a big Pokemon fan as well. I just <3 Togekiss.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:25 pm

I saw Freeza sipping something that looks like wine and thought to myself "I must have this as my Daizex avatar".
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Raki wrote:I saw Freeza sipping something that looks like wine and thought to myself "I must have this as my Daizex avatar".
Drunk Freeza must totally party with Drunk Gohan some time.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:21 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Raki wrote:I saw Freeza sipping something that looks like wine and thought to myself "I must have this as my Daizex avatar".
Drunk Freeza must totally party with Drunk Gohan some time.
o_o Freeza's sipping tea! Not wine! >_>

Tekkaman-James
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tekkaman-James » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:25 am

RoarkVegeta wrote:o_o Freeza's sipping tea! Not wine! >_>
He's drinking apple juice!

Now, it's O.J.!

Now, it's beer!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:09 am

I changed my avatar to a .gif I made of Hank getting sad from the first episode. It still has his house! Watch his forehead wrinkles go!

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:24 am

Came from a Dream 9 Ad in Jump...
Love it, Son and Luffy doing Fusion

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:40 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: I wonder if new members will find this thread three years from now and have no idea what we're talking about. :P
How about 3 months? :P

Anywhoo, this is just my classic avatar. I haven't changed it since I joined. Goku is my favorite character, and I believe this .gif is from right before he went SS(J) against #19. I remember I was so pumped for that fight when I first saw it...and then I pretty muched jizzed myself when I saw Vegeta go SS(J) the first time.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:I changed my avatar to a .gif I made of Hank getting sad from the first episode. It still has his house! Watch his forehead wrinkles go!
I can't see his house I tell ya what! That could be any ol' dang wall.
I tell ya that Metalwarrio ain't right!
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:32 pm

I was in a pit screaming in agony for about three days because my soul was being eaten away. But I got through it, no big deal.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:39 pm

My favorite character is actually Gohan, but I've been liking Goten more as a character lately, so I decided to get an avatar with him for a change.

Plus, the original image it's from is amazing...

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:15 pm

While I initially didn't have a favorite character, when I re-watched Gurren Lagann with a friend, I really started to dig Kittan, for whatever reason.

So I just took a hi-res vector of episode eight's first eye catch, cropped it, re-sized it, and made a minor color edit... All through the magic of Microsoft Paint!

I honestly don't know how apparent it is that it is a picture of Kittan, though....

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Hao_Kaiser wrote:I honestly don't know how apparent it is that it is a picture of Kittan, though....
I actually knew it was Kittan when I saw it. Not too many people know about Gurren Lagann anyway, but it's definitely rising in popularity.

Gurren Lagann is an incredible anime by the way.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:29 am

Hao_Kaiser wrote: I honestly don't know how apparent it is that it is a picture of Kittan, though....
Hey, don't believe in the you that believes that you didn't make an avatar that is recognizable as Kittan, believe in the me that believes in the you that believes in the me that....wait, what?

My current avatar is Vegeta looking all beat up from the most recent eyecatch in Dragonball Kai. I don't know why I found it appealing....maybe it's just his resilience and badassery during that fight when Gokuu and co. kept thinking he was done for, but he just kept getting back up for more.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:05 am

Wind Waker, like Punch-Out and Majora's Mask, is awesome. Taken and colored from this panel of Link's Log Book, an official 4-koma manga about The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

­