"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:56 pm
The whole point of his character as seen in Movie 5 is to be one step ahead of his brother.
- Yes. And to give him a new form is to put him above Freeza once again.
I guess this is demanding much of a side-series who only is interested in profit with toys and other official products.
- Agreed. It's not like Dragon Ball Super and its movie aren't only interested in profit with toys and other official products. They sure know how to come up with compelling situations/forms without worrying whether it's gonna sell or not. Poor little Heroes...
"Golden" is not a new form to Coola, I mean not in the sense as his fifth form was in contrast to Freeza: something we never saw and was likely stronger than his brother.

Also you know not everything is black and white, right? You assumed because I criticized Heroes that I believe Super is much better, that's where you failed; I think both were below average, but with SDBH grasping more my attention with their bold plot points.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Coming up with an entirely new form to Cooler is not what this game does. That would be the same as coming up with Super Saiyan 5. Again, not what Heroes is about as far as we all can tell. The game simply takes existing concepts and give them to other characters.

If you're expecting that kind of stuff, you're in the wrong place.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:55 pm Coming up with an entirely new form to Cooler is not what this game does. That would be the same as coming up with Super Saiyan 5. Again, not what Heroes is about as far as we all can tell. The game simply takes existing concepts and give them to other characters.

If you're expecting that kind of stuff, you're in the wrong place.
It's a game, they can do whatever they want, SS5 i too used to think was something impossible even for them however the game has been around for 10 years now and has been getting more and more popular with time, the biggest charm of this game is the new stuff they introduce everytime a new mission comes up and just a few months ago we had just that with SS4 who had been left alone since GT was on air with Limit Breaker, of course they didn't waste time and slapped into both Vegetto and Broly and you just know they are already thinking of Bardock, Gohan and even Gogeta.

What i'm trying to say is with how much this game has growth is if still around 10 years from now on which is really likely at some point they are gonna run out of new forms to give to their main characters which happen to be the Xeno Patrol with mostly SS4 users, maybe the name itself won't be Super Saiyan 5 but a evolution/something beyond SS4 and Limit Breaker is bound to happen, for real UI the strongest form there is right now and at the very least Xeno Goku is gonna at some point tap into that power and it's gonna look like Limit Breaker but White hair/aura, it's perfect simple and everyone is gonna love it, it's gonna happen for sure.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 am

SDBH Big Bang Mission 8

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:08 am

Scientist Fu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 am SDBH Big Bang Mission 8
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:20 am

SDBH Big Bang Mission 8 - Masked Man's identity reveal

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:56 am

I'm truly glad Tullece finally has something new, it's been so ridiculous seeing him trading blows with Super Saiyan Blues with nothing but his base form boosted with his Tree of Might pomegranates. Tullece was never my favourite character but he grew on me thanks to that other thread discussing him, I now think he has some potential as a character. We just need to see him do different things other than standing around munching on fruit menacingly.

Also, I reckon the "Crimson Masked Saiyan" is a red herring, it was always blindingly obvious that he was Goku Black as his speech patterns alone gave it away; the real mystery is the other hooded guy.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:57 am

It's... Turles with SS3 Goku's hair except black...? What? What is this supposed to be?
Funny how there's an active thread about all the "fanfic ideas" Heroes hasn't been using, and then something that almost looks like "Dark Super Saiyan 3" shows up. (I'm guessing it won't be a Super Saiyan form at all, though, and it'll be related to something else instead.)
Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:20 am SDBH Big Bang Mission 8 - Masked Man's identity reveal
No way! :o
:P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 am

I have no clue why they don't give him the normal SSJ but I think that they want him to get a new form or power up via the Fruit of the Tree of Might. I think that this new form might be the result of the Fruit... I don't know.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 am

Damn. The guy with Goku hair, elegant black and red clothes, a pink eye, a polite speech pattern that includes the words "Ningen" and "Subarashii" is
Who could have seen it coming.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:48 am

Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:20 am SDBH Big Bang Mission 8 - Masked Man's identity reveal
Sometimes i'm amazed how stupid DB characters are. Black being Zamasu in Goku's body was obvious - for us, viewers. But that guy behind mask being Black should be obvious to everyone the moment he spoke. Idk, maybe this world having so many Goku-type characters (Turles, Goten, Bardock, Goku Black, Goku Jr.) makes them simply assume that guy is yet another new person looking like him. I mean it's not like his haircut was hidden but Goku didn't even guess who it is in anime. Is it different in game or is Goku really that dumb? Or they actually took seriously that bullshit from Turles movie about many low-class saiyans looking very similar.

Goku must have been very bad in "Who's that Pokemon?" riddles :lol:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Feels like Tullece will be empowered by some Evil energy stuff that will make him look like Cumber in base.
P O W E R

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Subarashii.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Woah! :0
It's very interesting! A mix between ss3 and mystic form?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:53 pm

On one hand: no golden SS forms for Black is incredibly lame.

But on the other I'm so on board with that new Turles look. Looking forward to its relation with Cumber.

By the way, unsurprisingly you can also see Super Hearts on his new outfit on the V-Jump scans. And judging by a Vegeta card, Cell will probably be an ally of the good guys.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 pm

Meh, so close yet so far, it's like they are teasing me at this point but whatever i'm all in if it ends with him actually becoming SS3 before he dies again.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:53 pm On one hand: no golden SS forms for Black is incredibly lame.

But on the other I'm so on board with that new Turles look. Looking forward to its relation with Cumber.

By the way, unsurprisingly you can also see Super Hearts on his new outfit on the V-Jump scans. And judging by a Vegeta card, Cell will probably be an ally of the good guys.
No SS Black is good.

The less the manga is referenced the better. It also doesn't make sense for the anime version of Black.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 am

Turles has eyebrows and no pupils, very interesting. I assume nothing about it is revealed in the scans? Even the name?
ZombieVito wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:53 pm On one hand: no golden SS forms for Black is incredibly lame.

No SS Black is good.

The less the manga is referenced the better. It also doesn't make sense for the anime version of Black.
It makes as much sense as Rosé being his default SS form really. Black's ki in the anime is a complete and nonsensical mess if you ask me. But agree to disagree on the manga part, this is not the place to discuss it.

I hope he still gets something new anyways. An evolved form of Rosé, Kaioken, anything. His mask being broken so soon makes me wonder if he will really be the big bad of this arc or not. Either way he better survives to meet Xeno Trunks.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:42 am

MisteryOne wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 am Turles has eyebrows and no pupils, very interesting. I assume nothing about it is revealed in the scans? Even the name?
ZombieVito wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 pm

No SS Black is good.

It makes as much sense as Rosé being his default SS form really. Black's ki in the anime is a complete and nonsensical mess if you ask me. But agree to disagree on the manga part, this is not the place to discuss it.

I hope he still gets something new anyways. An evolved form of Rosé, Kaioken, anything. His mask being broken so soon makes me wonder if he will really be the big bad of this arc or not. Either way he better survives to meet Xeno Trunks.
Goku Black is a god and already has god ki in him. Turning Super Saiyan shouldn't turn his hair Yellow. Thankfully Toei didn't make the same mistake Toyo did.

Rose with Kaioken would be rad.