Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:37 am

With SSJ4 Gogeta's special placement on the roster and how there's only 2 stamps left, it seems like the end of FighterZ. Given the success of the game, there would probably be a sequel coming soon after.

Here what I think the roster will be like:


Returning Characters
Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (SSGSS)
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Goku (GT)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan(Adult)
Piccolo
Krillin
Trunks
Tien
Yamcha
Master Roshi
18 (revamped moveset)
Majin Buu (revamped moveset)
Bardock
Gotenks
Vegito (SSGSS)
Gogeta (SSGSS)
Gogeta (SS4)
Nappa
Vegeta
Frieza
16
Cell
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black
Zamasu (Fused)
Kefla
Jiren
Broly (DBS)
Cooler
Broly
Janemba
Super Baby 2
21


New Characters
Vegeta(SSGSSE)
Pikkon
Merus
Raditz
Dabura
Toppo
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Omega Shenron
Moro


  • FighterZ 2 will probably continue the story of the last game justifying Pikkon, Raditz, and Dabura's inclusions.
  • I suspect most of the characters will return. The only exceptions are unpopular characters like Captain Ginyu and Videl.
  • I don't think Vegeta (Ultra God) and Granola will make it unless the Granola arc is animated in some form. Vegeta (SSGSSE), Merus, and Moro are safer bets.
  • Some of the new characters are replacements for the unpopular characters. Vegeta (SSGSSE) for Vegeta (SSGSS) and Merus for 17.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by LightBing » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:52 pm

No way will the game release with 48 characters. That's more than the current one has!

I expect about half, so 24 characters. Expect all characters to be changed somewhat. The following prediction is assuming a hypothetical release after the upcoming movie.

"Z" Goku
"Z" Vegeta
"Super" Goku (Probably UI instead or UI occupies another slot.)
"Super" Vegeta (Probably UE.
Piccolo
Adult Gohan
Freeza
Kuririn
#17
#18
Mirai Trunks
Cell
Kid Boo
Mr. Boo
Beerus
Super Broly
Gogeta Blue
Gotenks
Videl
Kefla
Hit
Zamasu
New Movie Villain
New Game character

User avatar
LoganForkHands73
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:10 pm

Similar to Guilty Gear STRIVE, FighterZ 2 will probably drastically revamp the mechanics, core engine and art direction, so I wouldn't expect the base roster to be massive. My personal wish is for FZ2 to be the first game to include early Dragon Ball characters as well as prioritise the Super manga continuity, but that's a long shot. What's more likely is roughly the same as the first game, with a couple new characters here and there, totalling at 25-35 characters max. I'd hope that a new game would make an effort cut down the number of alternate versions in favour of implementing some kind of mid-match transformation mechanic, which isn't far fetched. So Goku starts out in Base but can work his way up to Super Saiyan Blue, for example (Ultra Instinct probably saved for DLC again, hopefully less horribly unbalanced this time). Just gonna list my base roster hopes.

Returning:
  • Goku (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue... Let's keep it streamlined, eh?)
  • Vegeta (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue)
  • Gohan (Adult, hopefully with the purple gi)
  • Piccolo
  • Kuririn
  • Muten Roshi (Transformations: MAX Mode)
  • Tenshinhan (Transformations: Four-Arms Technique, Multi-Form... Also, please give us the classic green sash costume)
  • Android #17
  • Android #18 (Fights solo this time, main costume is her pink tracksuit from the Tournament of Power)
  • Yamcha
  • Future Trunks (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
  • Gotenks (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
  • Freeza (Transformations: Golden Freeza)
  • Cell (Transformations: Super Perfect)
  • Majin Buu (Fat)
  • Beerus
  • Hit
  • Goku Black (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Rosé)
  • Fusion Zamasu (Transformations: Infinite Zamasu?)
  • Jiren
  • Kefla (Transformations: Super Saiyan Green)
  • Bardock
  • Broly BR (Transformations: Ikari, Super Saiyan, Full Power)
  • Android #21
New:
  • Cyborg Taopaipai
  • Piccolo Daimao (Prime)
  • Chi-Chi (Adult)
  • Android #20
  • Mr. Satan
  • Whis
  • Jaco
  • Cabba (Transformations: Super Saiyan)
  • Moro (Prime)
  • *New original boss character?*
There's plenty more I'd hope to see eventually, but that's a rough outline of how I think it should look. But knowing Bamco, picture the same sort of thing except anime-themed.

User avatar
Drepanosaurus
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:37 am

Some characters will be cut. We don't need SSj Goku when you have SSj Blue.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:26 pm

LightBing wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:52 pm
No way will the game release with 48 characters. That's more than the current one has!
Gotta give the costumers more for their money's worth.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:10 pm
Similar to Guilty Gear STRIVE, FighterZ 2 will probably drastically revamp the mechanics, core engine and art direction, so I wouldn't expect the base roster to be massive. My personal wish is for FZ2 to be the first game to include early Dragon Ball characters as well as prioritise the Super manga continuity, but that's a long shot. What's more likely is roughly the same as the first game, with a couple new characters here and there, totalling at 25-35 characters max. I'd hope that a new game would make an effort cut down the number of alternate versions in favour of implementing some kind of mid-match transformation mechanic, which isn't far fetched. So Goku starts out in Base but can work his way up to Super Saiyan Blue, for example (Ultra Instinct probably saved for DLC again, hopefully less horribly unbalanced this time). Just gonna list my base roster hopes.

Returning:
  • Goku (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue... Let's keep it streamlined, eh?)
  • Vegeta (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue)
  • Gohan (Adult, hopefully with the purple gi)
  • Piccolo
  • Kuririn
  • Muten Roshi (Transformations: MAX Mode)
  • Tenshinhan (Transformations: Four-Arms Technique, Multi-Form... Also, please give us the classic green sash costume)
  • Android #17
  • Android #18 (Fights solo this time, main costume is her pink tracksuit from the Tournament of Power)
  • Yamcha
  • Future Trunks (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
  • Gotenks (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
  • Freeza (Transformations: Golden Freeza)
  • Cell (Transformations: Super Perfect)
  • Majin Buu (Fat)
  • Beerus
  • Hit
  • Goku Black (Transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Rosé)
  • Fusion Zamasu (Transformations: Infinite Zamasu?)
  • Jiren
  • Kefla (Transformations: Super Saiyan Green)
  • Bardock
  • Broly BR (Transformations: Ikari, Super Saiyan, Full Power)
  • Android #21
New:
  • Cyborg Taopaipai
  • Piccolo Daimao (Prime)
  • Chi-Chi (Adult)
  • Android #20
  • Mr. Satan
  • Whis
  • Jaco
  • Cabba (Transformations: Super Saiyan)
  • Moro (Prime)
  • *New original boss character?*
There's plenty more I'd hope to see eventually, but that's a rough outline of how I think it should look. But knowing Bamco, picture the same sort of thing except anime-themed.
I can see OG Dragon Ball characters as DLC for FighterZ 2. My money is on Chi-Chi and King Piccolo.

Chi-Chi would probably be a melee-focused character like Videl but also could be given OG Dragon Ball tools like the Bansho Fan and Boomerang Cutter. She has potential to be a fairly complex character.

King Piccolo can summon his children to help him during battle. He can also be given moves Piccolo doesn't use like the eye beam and Explosive Wave.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:10 pm
Similar to Guilty Gear STRIVE, FighterZ 2 will probably drastically revamp the mechanics, core engine and art direction, so I wouldn't expect the base roster to be massive. My personal wish is for FZ2 to be the first game to include early Dragon Ball characters as well as prioritise the Super manga continuity, but that's a long shot. What's more likely is roughly the same as the first game, with a couple new characters here and there, totalling at 25-35 characters max. I'd hope that a new game would make an effort cut down the number of alternate versions in favour of implementing some kind of mid-match transformation mechanic, which isn't far fetched. So Goku starts out in Base but can work his way up to Super Saiyan Blue, for example (Ultra Instinct probably saved for DLC again, hopefully less horribly unbalanced this time). Just gonna list my base roster hopes.
Unfortunately I doubt early Dragon Ball will be given much love if any at all. Super will likely be the focus, it's all about marketing.

Transformations are likely to be rare. It's a lot of work, that said Freeza and Broly have one so there's hope they focus some of their resources in to a few. Strive only has one install; their main character doesn't even have one instead being incorporated into a Super.

Vegeta and Goku having one character with an install would be great.
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:26 pm
Gotta give the costumers more for their money's worth.
I would have my money's worth with 24 characters. Specially since I and most people don't even use half the roster.

Rather they invest in more stages, game modes, story and of course netcode. After a certain point new characters are diminishing returns, I would have traded most DLC for new stages and all of it for rollback netcode.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:21 am

LightBing wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am
I would have my money's worth with 24 characters. Specially since I and most people don't even use half the roster.

Rather they invest in more stages, game modes, story and of course netcode. After a certain point new characters are diminishing returns, I would have traded most DLC for new stages and all of it for rollback netcode.
I don't see a reason for them to remove a lion share of the roster unless they plan to make drastic changes to the overall engine but I don't see them doing that. There's no reason for that.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:28 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:21 am
LightBing wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am
I would have my money's worth with 24 characters. Specially since I and most people don't even use half the roster.

Rather they invest in more stages, game modes, story and of course netcode. After a certain point new characters are diminishing returns, I would have traded most DLC for new stages and all of it for rollback netcode.
I don't see a reason for them to remove a lion share of the roster unless they plan to make drastic changes to the overall engine but I don't see them doing that. There's no reason for that.
The game will be revamped, otherwise nobody would buy another game.
Fighting games always remove characters because they revamp the gameplay, change mechanics, graphics, a bunch of stuff.
They'll probably reuse some assets but it will be a brand new game.

User avatar
LoganForkHands73
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Yeah, I'd say LightBing is right on this one. Most AAA 3D/2.5D fighting games overhaul their gameplay and assets each generation to give each game a fresh feel, I can't see ArcSys making any exception for Dragon Ball. It helps that FighterZ really does need a revamp moving forward. I can definitely see them changing controversial mechanics like autocombos, super-dashes and the tag system, as well as overhauling the netcode. Reducing the roster size in exchange for QoL improvements isn't a death sentence, Guilty Gear STRIVE is way more popular than Xrd despite having a fraction of its predecessor's final roster.

And I begrudgingly agree that it's unlikely early DB will get any love, but I hold out hope since there was a vocal minority of fans lobbying for Taopaipai, Chi-Chi and King Piccolo, before ArcSys said "nah, not happening". Seeing a game fully focus on Super could be quite interesting though. Plenty of DB games incorporate elements from Super, but aside from Xenoverse and Heroes, not many focus on expanding Super's storyline. Even then, content from Z usually takes precedence every time.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:46 pm

I weirdly think they'll make 3 original characters. I don't know why but I imagine given the huge influx of fans for Android 21 that they will try to make more fan favorites. I hope they are at least better than 21 but I do believe we will get more oc's.

I don't think we need any but if they are fine then who am I to complain.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:18 pm

LightBing wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:28 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:21 am
LightBing wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am
I would have my money's worth with 24 characters. Specially since I and most people don't even use half the roster.

Rather they invest in more stages, game modes, story and of course netcode. After a certain point new characters are diminishing returns, I would have traded most DLC for new stages and all of it for rollback netcode.
I don't see a reason for them to remove a lion share of the roster unless they plan to make drastic changes to the overall engine but I don't see them doing that. There's no reason for that.
The game will be revamped, otherwise nobody would buy another game.
Fighting games always remove characters because they revamp the gameplay, change mechanics, graphics, a bunch of stuff.
They'll probably reuse some assets but it will be a brand new game.
While there's plenty ArcSystem can do to improve the overall experience, gameplay doesn't need to change THAT much. A number of tweaks and new mechanics can do wonders but no reason to get rid of something that already works.

I can see them removing unpopular characters but I don't think making people pay more for less characters than the predecessor would sit well with a good chunk of this game’s player base. After all, it's still a Dragon Ball game.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14396
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:39 pm

My idea for a roster:

Base Goku
SSj/SSjB Goku
Master UI Goku
Saiyan Saga Vegeta
SSj/SSjB Vegeta
SSj2 Gohan (Cell Games)
Mystic Gohan
Piccolo
Kuririn
Tenshinhan
Yamucha
Muten Roshi
Videl
GT Pan
Mr. Satan
Future Trunks
Bardock
Raditz
Nappa
Gotenks
Zarbon
Captain Ginyu
Freeza
#16
#17
#18
#21
Dr. Gero
Cell
Dabra
Fat Buu
Buuhan
Kid Buu
SSj/SSjB Gogeta
SSj/SSjB Vegito
Beerus
Cabba
Hit
Goku Black
Fused Zamasu
Kefla
Toppo
Jiren
Broly (Super)
Broly (DBZ)
Coola
Janemba
Super Yi Xing Long
SSj4 Gogeta
New original character

DLC:
Moro (Prime)
Ultra Ego Vegeta
Granolah
New Super Hero movie character
She/Her
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Here's what I think could be for DLC:

Mr. Satan
Chi-Chi
Pan
New Super movie hero
Zarbon (w/ Dodoria)
Dr. Gero (w/ #19)
King Piccolo
New Super movie villain

  • Mr. Satan and Pan are of Satan dynasty- The proclaimed "world champion" and his quarter-Saiyn granddaughter.
  • Chi-Chi and King Piccolo represent the original series. Chi-Chi is melee-focused and can use old tools such as the Bansho Fan. King Piccolo can summon his children to fight for him and is very brutal and cunning.
  • Zarbon and Dr. Gero are Frieza's top henchman assisted by his second-hand man Dodoria and the inventor of the androids respectively. Zarbon can transform into grotesque being with great power on the dime and Dr. Gero can drain your energy.
  • The new super movie hero and villain are TBA.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:42 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm
Here's what I think could be for DLC:

Mr. Satan
Chi-Chi
Pan
New Super movie hero
Zarbon (w/ Dodoria)
Dr. Gero (w/ #19)
King Piccolo
New Super movie villain

  • Mr. Satan and Pan are of Satan dynasty- The proclaimed "world champion" and his quarter-Saiyn granddaughter.
  • Chi-Chi and King Piccolo represent the original series. Chi-Chi is melee-focused and can use old tools such as the Bansho Fan. King Piccolo can summon his children to fight for him and is very brutal and cunning.
  • Zarbon and Dr. Gero are Frieza's top henchman assisted by his second-hand man Dodoria and the inventor of the androids respectively. Zarbon can transform into grotesque being with great power on the dime and Dr. Gero can drain your energy.
  • The new super movie hero and villain are TBA.
I forgot to add Pan will be assisted by Giru.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

User avatar
FPSSJ4_Goku
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm
Location: New York, US

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:04 pm

What if this FighterZ sequel has abilities from the main series? By abilities, I mean:

-Piccolo, Majin Boo and Cell can all regenerate health

-When Cell is killed, he can teleport back as Super Perfect Cell

-Gogeta, Vegito and Gotenks are all temporary fusions that last for five minutes

-As a reference to Dragon Ball Devolution, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Ultra Instinct Goku and Super Saiyan God Goku only last for 30 seconds before returning to base

And maybe they should add different outfits for characters. For example, Goku can have his Saiyan, Freeza, Cell/Boo, Battle of Gods, Ressurection F, DBS Broly and End of Z outfits, plus all the varations, with different movesets. Oh! And transformations! Ohhhhh, the transformations.
Ryo Horikawa is my husbando even though I'm a guy

-FPSSJ4_Goku, 2021

User avatar
budokaifanatic007
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:18 pm

Honesty id LOVE to see 23rd Tournament Goku and Piccolo, who wouldn't love that? With a special Tournament stage also.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2383
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Just like always with competitive fighting games, the roster will be severely cut from the current one that includes all DLC content, both because of the graphics being updated a bit (which in the case of Arcsys, will probably mean "redrawing" every sprite) and gameplay updates.

Three things will likely eliminate some fighters from the roster:

- Statistics, with the unpopular characters being taken out to give priority to characters that people enjoy the most and would be worth keeping.

- Usefulness in the story, which we can assume will follow the one from Fighterz 1 and therefore take place during Super.

- Iconic status, since regardless of being very used or not and being useful to the story or not, you can bet that characters like Trunks, Freeza or Cell just cannot be skipped in a Dragon Ball fighting game (for example, Trunks was not used at all in the story of Fighterz 1, but it was just impossible to skip him).

Crossing references between those three aspects will likely decide who is welcome to stay or not, probably keeping the same size of roster than Fighterz 1 at the beginning, with maybe just a handful of extra warriors at the very most.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6709
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Predictions for FighterZ 2 roster

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:12 pm

Here's my 2nd take:

Returning Characters
Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (SSGSS)
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Goku (GT)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan(Adult)
Piccolo
Krillin
Trunks
Tien
Yamcha
Master Roshi
18 (revamped moveset)
Majin Buu (revamped moveset)
Bardock
Gotenks
Vegito (SSGSS)
Gogeta (SSGSS)
Gogeta (SS4)
Nappa
Vegeta
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
16
Cell
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black
Zamasu (Fused)
Kefla
Jiren
Broly (DBS)
Cooler
Broly
Janemba
Super Baby 2

New Characters
Vegeta (SSGSS Evolved)
Pikkon
New Super movie hero
Original hero
Raditz
Dabura
Toppo
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Omega Shenron
New Super movie villain
Original villain
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Post Reply