"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Regular
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:34 pm

Is it true that Android 21's model was an import from FighterZ? I didn't believe it at first, but then I noticed some features like that extra pointy nose and the lack of detailed lips. She also doesn't have the markings on her teeth.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Young-Jah » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:36 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:34 pm
Is it true that Android 21's model was an import from FighterZ? I didn't believe it at first, but then I noticed some features like that extra pointy nose and the lack of detailed lips. She also doesn't have the markings on her teeth.
I still didn't know why they didn't add her Majin form in the game
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

User avatar
TobyS
I'm pretty, cozy here...
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Young-Jah wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Do you think Master Roshi should be in the next DLC of XV2.
No he can't fly and in the anime which xv seems to be more based on sadly he's an attempted rapist.

Chaozu, that Plan to eradicate the Saiyans boss, Moro his henchmen, any old movie henchmen, Kaioshin, Kibito, ToP participants should all be way higher on the priority list.

Then heroes content incl Majin Ozzotto

Then missing cell Freeza and buu forms.

Galactic patrol henchmen to counter Freezas interchangable hencmen.

Piccolo SR. And Taiopai and Yajirobe before Roshi.

All before Roshi.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:45 pm

Oh I can see going to speak to Roshi somewhere on the map, with a long, silent and boring chat dialogue about how he wants you to fetch him some panties or porn magazines in exchange for some training lessons.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:13 am

"Roshi can't be in XV2. Roshi can't fly."

If only Dragon Ball Z games have had a solution for that problem laying around since the Budokai games...

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Bardock God of Time
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am

Super Saiyan God confirmed for Saiyans

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am

Bardock God of Time wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am
Super Saiyan God confirmed for Saiyans
Can you elaborate a little bit on this? I mean, my CaC already has SSGSS... they are adding a lower form? or is it for existing saiyan characters?

I'm confused, didn't we have already SSG for saiyans? or we only got SSB?

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6208
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 am

Koitsukai wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am
Bardock God of Time wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am
Super Saiyan God confirmed for Saiyans
Can you elaborate a little bit on this? I mean, my CaC already has SSGSS... they are adding a lower form? or is it for existing saiyan characters?

I'm confused, didn't we have already SSG for saiyans? or we only got SSB?
SSG for CaC I think: Image
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
SaiyanKingMike
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:10 am

I thought for sure which ever character won the most votes a while back would of been one of the new dlc characters, omen UI Goku, GT Vegeta and so on. Maybe it will be released with the free dlc pack with ssg?

User avatar
Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Young-Jah » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 am
Koitsukai wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am
Bardock God of Time wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am
Super Saiyan God confirmed for Saiyans
Can you elaborate a little bit on this? I mean, my CaC already has SSGSS... they are adding a lower form? or is it for existing saiyan characters?

I'm confused, didn't we have already SSG for saiyans? or we only got SSB?
SSG for CaC I think: Image
Will SSG be a free dlc or for the Legendary Pack?
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

dualist
Regular
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 am

No love at all for the non-saiyan CaCs huh? Well, I guess XV stays true to the franchise by completely ignoring the existence of the other races.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
Bardock God of Time
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 am

dualist wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 am
No love at all for the non-saiyan CaCs huh? Well, I guess XV stays true to the franchise by completely ignoring the existence of the other races.
Don't think transformations for other races would sell well.

Gotta hope they will give them love in XV3.

At the very least, if they ever release UI Omen/UI as a transformation - it should be for all races

dualist
Regular
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:58 am

Bardock God of Time wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 am
dualist wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 am
No love at all for the non-saiyan CaCs huh? Well, I guess XV stays true to the franchise by completely ignoring the existence of the other races.
Don't think transformations for other races would sell well.

Gotta hope they will give them love in XV3.

At the very least, if they ever release UI Omen/UI as a transformation - it should be for all races
But this is a free update. And you don't think something like a God of Destruction skill or something along those lines would be welcome. Might as well not have the other races at all.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
Issei189
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:57 am

dualist wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:58 am
Bardock God of Time wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 am
dualist wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 am
No love at all for the non-saiyan CaCs huh? Well, I guess XV stays true to the franchise by completely ignoring the existence of the other races.
Don't think transformations for other races would sell well.

Gotta hope they will give them love in XV3.

At the very least, if they ever release UI Omen/UI as a transformation - it should be for all races
But this is a free update. And you don't think something like a God of Destruction skill or something along those lines would be welcome. Might as well not have the other races at all.
Considering how lazy these devs are. I don't think we will ever get something like that at this point. I mean, They didn't even give Caulifla SS/SS2 as a Awoken skill. She was created as a transformed character right off the bat

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:57 am

Issei189 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:57 am
dualist wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:58 am
Bardock God of Time wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 am

Don't think transformations for other races would sell well.

Gotta hope they will give them love in XV3.

At the very least, if they ever release UI Omen/UI as a transformation - it should be for all races
But this is a free update. And you don't think something like a God of Destruction skill or something along those lines would be welcome. Might as well not have the other races at all.
Considering how lazy these devs are. I don't think we will ever get something like that at this point. I mean, They didn't even give Caulifla SS/SS2 as a Awoken skill. She was created as a transformed character right off the bat
I think it's better this way when taking into account how the game works. It would be a pain in the ass to turn her into a SS, definitely not something you'd be able to do as soon as the fight starts, because you need to fill like 4 or 5 ki bars, and you start at 0. And that's if she has a charging skill, if not then you'd have to take a hell of a beating or use capsules.
You'd also never fight SS Caulifla, or have that form as your ally because they never transform when the cpu controls them. You'd fight base Caulifla and have base Caulifla coming along with you on PQs.

Basically, this 2016 game has the limitations a psx game from the 90s would've had.

User avatar
MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5062
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:05 am

Seeing how they are filling up the roster the easy way, I don't see a reason why we didn't get Android 13 in his buff strongest form, Android 21 in Majin form or Bojack in strongest buff green form. Having just the most powerful buff Super Broly and 3 different Gogetas is weird.

I actually prefer Raging Blast vastly over how both XV titles handle characters in general.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

User avatar
Zelvin
Regular
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: The Unknown Regions

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zelvin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 am
dualist wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 am
No love at all for the non-saiyan CaCs huh? Well, I guess XV stays true to the franchise by completely ignoring the existence of the other races.
Don't think transformations for other races would sell well.

Gotta hope they will give them love in XV3.

At the very least, if they ever release UI Omen/UI as a transformation - it should be for all races
I have doubts XV3 will ever happen at this point. And I dropped damn good transformation ideas for each race in my Xenoverse 3 Wishlist thread right at the start. And that was Five. Years. Ago.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

User avatar
Shintoki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Shintoki » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Xenoverse 3 is one of the most hyped game ever, but that's kinda also a curse. cuz now there are a LOT OF EXPECTATIONS and disappointment will bring bad PR to bandai. so i feel like bandai are kinda dragging their feats about it to see whether they will to make it or not

xenoverse 2 downside for me is its graphical look not being updated even by a little via filters or something alike, and the characters menu being a downgrade from earlier games, ~~at least bring back mr satan~~ :)
PurestEvil wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm
You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am
Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

User avatar
The S
I Live Here
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by The S » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:39 am

So who's the next "weaker version of a character already in the game"?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

User avatar
Gt91
Regular
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:11 am

New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80If8C_SyjY

Bardack is back!

Post Reply